Report Problems
 Submit My Own Avatar?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

craiger

11 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  14:06:56  Show Profile Send craiger a Private Message
I just signed up and wish to submit my own avatar. I log in and when I click on "Submit Your Own Avatar" a window pops up telling me that I must log in! But I AM logged in. Or do I only THINK I am logged in? Am I truly here? Is this a test to determine whether or not I actually exist?
Thank you from a potential non-entity.

craig

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  14:25:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
Hi craiger. Indeed, there have been some problemd with avatars. I know that Dave (whose name you might have seen around SFN once or twice) is working on it, and may even have a solution!

In the while, feel free to post anyway. We won't hold your temporary avatar-less nature against you!
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  15:21:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
I had a similar problem recently and sent the image I wanted to use to Dave.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  15:38:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message
I hear you. My avatar is all squished on these forums (and only on these forums).

--------------------------------------------------
- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Edited by - dglas on 07/14/2006 15:39:20
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  16:39:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
The good news is, once your avatar works, it will appear in all your old, "unavatarred," postings. In a similar matter, updated sugnatures will appear in all old postings you've made.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

craiger

11 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  19:00:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send craiger a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Chippewa

I had a similar problem recently and sent the image I wanted to use to Dave.

Thanks for everybody's replies! I just might send an avatar of me getting slammed by the hood of a 66 Datsun station wagon. Or maybe getting my foot sucked into a vacuum cleaner (yelling "Suction! Suction!")
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  19:17:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dglas

I hear you. My avatar is all squished on these forums (and only on these forums).
dglas, the avatar you submitted was not square, so when I turned it into an avatar for you, I kept the aspect ratio as it is in the original. Here:

versus

The one on the left isn't stretched. The one on the right is horizontally stretched to be square. It's "fat" compared to the original. I also think the "thin" version is what appears in the original video.

In other words, I bet your avatar is wonky on all other forums, and is only correct here on the SFN.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  19:21:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by craiger

I just signed up and wish to submit my own avatar. I log in and when I click on "Submit Your Own Avatar" a window pops up telling me that I must log in! But I AM logged in.
That's a new one on me. Why don't you email me the image you want to use as an avatar, and I'll set it up for you lickety-split. It'll be faster than submitting it through the site, anyway. My email address is below.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.