Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  02:31:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Coincidentally, H., the number is actually 2,051. So welcome to the "E-mail Enabled Club!"

I'da made it 42...... Then we'd know all but the question.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  03:50:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
prince111, apparently a mamber here, hit me with this spam:

Please ban.

Even though it is pretty funny, trying to fish for scam vics here, its more annoying than funny.

quote:
URGENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED SECRETLY AND CONFIDENTIAL

COTE D'IVOIRE WEST AFRICA
TELEPHONE : 22509038722
EMAIL ME PRIVATELY VIA;
prince_felixkamara@yahoo.com

ASSISTANCE TO INVEST IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR FUTURE.

Dear loved one,

Permit me to introduce my very self to you. In fact I am prince felix kamara the only child of late doctor JOSEPH OMAH KAMARA who was the director general of cocoa export corporation of Cote D'ivoire and was killed by the rebel forces here in my country cote d'ivoire during a political war at the same time with the former military president General ROBERT GUEI.

While my father was rushed to the hospital unconsious due to the torture and bullet wounds he quickly sent for me as the only son before his untimely death.Meanwhile he told me all about this 10.5 millions US dollars (TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLAS),he deposited here in a bank in Cote D'ivoire for future investiment on my name as next of kin.

I am afraid of my life and the safety of this money is not guaranteed in any way,because the political war that brought the untimely death of my beloved father has not come to end yet.The people who killed my father is in search of me.I ran away to hide somewhere,in one of the private hotel here in my country and not free to move around.

1-Rebels never come in agreement with the existing government .
2-Rebels refused to drop their arms for peace to hold and now the campaign of presidential election, president elect is on couple with the political WAR.

My life and this money is not save if I remain here in my country.This made the Bank director to advice me to look for a GOD fearing and honest foreign partner whom this money can be transfered to his account for investment in his country. PLEASE I want you to assist me get this money transfered to your private nominate bank account in your country and I will travel out of my country entirely to join you immediately,after when my total money is creddited to your bank account and also you shall look for good investment so that I can invest this money wisely and continue my education and life there with you.There will be legal proof in all about this transaction of Transfer to you.

I have agreed to give you 15% of the total amount and extra 1% maped out for any expenses you might make like,telephone calls,e.t.c,during the time of transfer.

Please for the interest of this business transaction contact me through this my private mail address immediately you receive this message for more information to enable me proceed towards concluding the arrangement to transfer this money to your bank account.
prince_felixkamara@yahoo.com

Your new friend,
PRINCE FELIX KAMARA.
THANKS YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND MAY GOD BLESS.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  04:00:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
What seems a bit off to me, in these things, is what appears to be the carefully forced accents used in their writing. Pretty neat window dressing, but they are all virtually the same from one to another. They butcher the grammar just enough to make it all seem exotic, but still easily read.

If the appeal were genuine, the writing would much better structured, I think.

Anyone else notice that?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.