Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Health
 How did Bill O'Reilly get KS abortion records?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  14:06:33  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
This is a criminal outrage of the first order. Were I a Kansas medical patient, I would not reasonably expect that one of the leading lickspittle NeoCon nutcases and liars at Fox News would have copies of my medical records in his dirty hands. I suspect that whoever gave them to O'Reilly and Fox committed a crime, and O'Reilly is committing one by keeping them.

Bill O'Reilly, medical consultant?

A spokeswoman for Phill Kline, the theocratic and rabidly anti-abortion Republican Attorney General of Kansas, whose office had the records, denies that Kline knows anything about how the medical records got to O'Reilly. Oh, really?
quote:
Clinics ask how O'Reilly got abortion records
POSTED: 3:31 p.m. EST, November 6, 2006

TOPEKA, Kansas (AP) -- Two abortion clinics asked the state's highest court Monday to investigate Attorney General Phill Kline and Fox television's Bill O'Reilly over O'Reilly's statements that he had information from Kansas abortion records.

A Kline spokeswoman called the move "a political ploy."

The clinics' attorneys want the Kansas Supreme Court to seize records that Kline, an outspoken abortion opponent, obtained on 90 of the clinics' patients.

Kline received edited versions of the records from a district judge on October 24 after arguing he wanted to review the records for evidence of possible crimes including rape and illegal abortions.

. . .

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/06/2006 14:53:54

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  19:38:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Well this ought to up the outrage over the AG's little slimey investigation.

In WA state it is illegal, as well as it is illegal under HIPAA federal law to disclose medical records you obtained in the course of your job to anyone not authorized to see them.

Edited by - beskeptigal on 11/11/2006 19:41:46
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  20:57:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Thanks for that info, B. I thought it should be a crime, but I was forced to refer to it as a "crime" in the informal sense. I'm glad WA has sensible laws. What did your slimy Attorney General do about it? Is the AG a Republican?

And thank you for being someone who cares!

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  02:06:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
This is WA, that was in KS. I don't get your question.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  02:38:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

This is WA, that was in KS. I don't get your question.

Woops, sorry. You mentioned it would be illegal in Washington State, and by the time I replied, it'd slipped from my faulty memory that the original story had mentioned Kansas, instead. So I was blithely thinking of Washington. And assuming you, being in WA, knew local details I didn't. D'oh!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  08:08:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
It is common knowledge that Bill O'Reilly is nothing but a jumped-up pimp for the neoconservatives, and anyone who follows Red State Rabble knows a good deal about Phill Klein.

Looks to me like one hand wanking the other, a favor to be returned as soon as convenient.

Both of these jizzrags should be explaining themselves in court.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 11/13/2006 08:37:11
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  14:48:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
I wonder if ths will end up like Chaquita. They broke the law, a reporter got some stolen voice mails proving it. The reporter got fired and jailed, Chiquita got off becuase the evidence was tainted and was inadmissable or some such bs.

O'Reilly to jail.... and if the doctors broke the law... off to jail for them as well.

On a side note: Red State Rabble? Man..... They should consider a name change. Nothing like contempt to arouse the rabble against your issues......

Peace
Joe
Edited by - Original_Intent on 11/14/2006 14:49:06
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.