Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  21:27:43  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message

Weeping President apologizes to, then blames America, Iraq, his Daddy

Washington, DC, January 23, 2007 (PNS) -- America has had six years to grow accustomed to a sometimes verbally incomprehensible Chief Executive, but tonight's State of the Union address before both Houses of Congress and the whole world reached new lows of rambling pointlessness, never before heard from any President.

The President as he outlines his "Mamma, make the bad men go away" proposal,
considered by pundits to be the most comprehensible portion of his address.

Finally, his sobbing, screaming, sniffling hour-long address wound down, and the President huddled at the base of the podium, quietly sucking his thumb. Most Members of Congress and Senators, along with Cabinet members, top generals, Supreme Court justices, and the First Lady, had long before vacated the chamber, and were openly conferring in the corridors about the best way to launch a coup attempt.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  05:28:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
How old are you, 9?

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  05:53:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
And you, sir, 90?

[Eited to add: I'm 61. My Dad's 90, and sharper-minded than I am. I apologize for the ageist assumption that mental qualities always decline with time. Those of us who are stupid probably have been so for a very long time.]

Bill, if you like Bush so much, are you going join his new citizen's volunteer corps (suggested in the SotU speech), which would allow you to serve in Iraq? Or do you take after him, and avoid serving in wars you support? Let others die for your beliefs, Bill?

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/24/2007 07:55:48
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  11:36:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott

How old are you, 9?

Political humor runs the gamut from subtle to crass, and always has.

See here. Bet you liked that one. And if you did you will love this one.

I can get tons of this sort of thing going back over 100 years.

I really doubt that these were done by 9 year olds, but I couldn't really say for sure…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  18:56:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
It also run the gamut from funny to unfunny, depending on both the intrinsic quality of the joke, and how badly one's own ox is gored. Since the present gag wasn't one of my best, I suspect old Bill got the worst of both of those factors.

Bill might have done better with a humorous attack, assuming he's got any humor. Meanwhile, I don't expect he's signed up to drive trucks in Iraq.

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  02:11:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott

How old are you, 9?

Are you unfamiliar with satire?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  05:23:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
At this rate, he will be, even if he never understands it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.