Announcements: Skeptic Community
 Skeptic Friends - We Need to UNITE!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

bigrickjr

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  18:26:22  Show Profile  Visit bigrickjr's Homepage  Send bigrickjr an AOL message  Send bigrickjr a Yahoo! Message Send bigrickjr a Private Message
Man! Did you hear President Bush refer to February 30th? How about his reference to Pakistan as being "Wild Country"? Is this man for real or has he lost his mind? What more can we count on from the Executive Office and Congress? Some of those guys are running for President, can you believe that!? How alarming is that? Joseph Biden had cheated on his Bar exam and now he represents OUR interests as a candidate for the Presidency? What about Hilary Clinton, what's her true aggenda; remember her back in the 70's, she was sort of radical back then, wasn't she? Too many wanna be Chiefs and never enough Indians, is my take on all this. Then we have internet scammers not being stopped or prosecuted for defrauding Americans out of millions of dollars each year. Who's recovering the losses for those cheated out of their monies? WWW.IC3.GOV is not and niether is WWW.NW3C.ORG - the two agencies mandated to resolve internet fraud - What a joke!! Have you experienced any resolution with these people? Look here folks...my mission in life is to resolve problems and find answers and shut these white collar criminals down. Wanna join me in that effort? Wanna join me in establishing a non-profit enterprise called "FEDUP" - a group whose sole mission is to cut through the rhetoric and get some answers as well as make these idiots accountable for their actions or inactions. We have gross negligence and malfeasance running a muck in our own Federal Government and we have that problem in local jurisdictions, too. Do we want to tolerate this nonesense or DO something about it? You have any questions, please le me know -- together we can strive for a better tomarrow -- agree? Otherwise, status quo...we all will be eventually doomed. Thanks for your time.

Ricky L. Johansen, Jr., Ph.D. bigrickjr57@aol.com
P. O. Box 3185 Lacey, WA 98509-3185 USA

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  21:26:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Hello new member, bigrick. Welcome.

Are you just posting this at SFN or have you been a member of some other skeptic groups as well? Have you been in touch with other groups like MoveON? Did you read our recent thread about the FreeRepublic forum group that has the opposite goals from those you describe? It's in the politics forum.

You included what you are concerned about, what are your plans for this FEDUP group and who are you? What's your PhD in? We are skeptics afterall.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  22:40:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Be, I don't think that guy is coming back. One of those spam-and-scram, or spam bam, thank you, ma'am types. And his political statements didn't really add up. I think he's maybe got a plan, and a scam. Anyway, he's a ham.

Damn.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  23:44:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
I got an odd little PM from him in response to my post over here, and in his reply to me he implied that he wouldn't be posting anymore because I wasn't supportive of his self-imposed mission.

As if we're supposed to be uniformly supportive because it's a "call to arms" for consumer protection. Apparently, he missed out on the "Net Neutrality" thread.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  08:21:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigrickjr
You have any questions, please le me know -- together we can strive for a better tomarrow -- agree?

I have a question:
Could you please write a little bit more structured?

I can see from your post that you are passionate about your mission, but if you make your post easier to read, then more people are bound to take notice of the content of it instead of being distracted or put off by the poor formatting. This is a constructive suggestion.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.