Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  08:52:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
quote:

That Milosevic's ideas did inspire nationalism.

Again, you're using the word 'nationalism' to mean one's nationality is superior to another.

If you think Milosevic inspired that kind of nationalism, that would be like saying that Martin Luther King inspired racism.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  10:32:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo

quote:

That Milosevic's ideas did inspire nationalism.

Again, you're using the word 'nationalism' to mean one's nationality is superior to another.

If you think Milosevic inspired that kind of nationalism, that would be like saying that Martin Luther King inspired racism.

Up to a point, Marthin Luther King did inspire hatred of the jewish in his speech about "What to do with the jewish?"

IŽll try to provide a quote.

Edited to add: forget my stupid post. It was a letter from luther king jr and it was proven to be a hoax.

I am very sorry. How embarrassing!

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Edited by - perrodetokio on 02/14/2007 10:40:57
Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  11:18:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message
I was going to delete the previous post, however I do not want to hide my ignorance, I want to overcome it.

Moderators are welcome to delete it if they see it fit to do that, though.

Once again, i apologise for such an ignorant comment.

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  11:24:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Nothing wrong with learning.

Besides, apologies here are seen as a sign of weakness. Better just to blame someone else and call them an asshole.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  01:44:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by perrodetokio:
I was going to delete the previous post, however I do not want to hide my ignorance, I want to overcome it.

Moderators are welcome to delete it if they see it fit to do that, though.

Once again, i apologise for such an ignorant comment.
Certain snide comments notwithstanding, we appreciate such intellectual honesty.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  02:01:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Snide does not necessarily mean false. And it was not snide, just my observation. Perhaps true, perhaps not true, but your snide remark did not add any information to the subject. Saying "WE" makes you a spokesman for all people who post here? We think not.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 02/20/2007 02:01:45
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  03:32:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo:
Snide does not necessarily mean false. And it was not snide, just my observation. Perhaps true, perhaps not true, but your snide remark did not add any information to the subject. Saying "WE" makes you a spokesman for all people who post here? We think not.
Gorgo, I understand you feel martyred by some here, but certain things shouldn't be generalized: it only weakens your arguments.

I use the word "we" when, as a moderator, I speak for the administration of this website (though clearly not for all members).

We would prefer it if nobody used ad hominem arguments here, but we also refuse to restrict free speech except in the most extreme (or illegal) cases.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  04:34:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Boron10

quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo:
Gorgo, I understand you feel martyred by some here, but certain things shouldn't be generalized: it only weakens your arguments.

I use the word "we" when, as a moderator, I speak for the administration of this website (though clearly not for all members).

We would prefer it if nobody used ad hominem arguments here, but we also refuse to restrict free speech except in the most extreme (or illegal) cases.

In other words, you have no idea what I'm talking about, you just prefer to make snide remarks about things.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.