Worrying about the Covid-19
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MagicMissy
Banned

Philippines
45 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2021 :  03:03:38  Show Profile Send MagicMissy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many of us are confronted with difficulties that may be stressful, upsetting, and elicit powerful emotions in both adults and children. Public health measures like social distance are important to stop COVID-19 from spreading, but they can make us feel alone and lonely, as well as raise tension and worry.

The majority of adults cited the future of our country (81%) as a significant source of stress in their lives, followed by the coronavirus pandemic (80%) and political unrest across the country (74%) Despite the fact that it has been more than three weeks since the breach of the United States Capitol on Jan. 6, 66 percent of adults said the incident was a major source of stress. Adults were affected by the events of Jan. 6 as well.

The majority of Americans, regardless of political affiliation, reported stress-related emotions (85 percent of Democrats, 83 percent of Republicans, and 83 percent of independents). They also expressed similar concerns about the country: slightly more than 8 in 10 Democrats (82 percent), Republicans (82 percent), and independents (81 percent) said the future of the country was a significant source of stress.

And there's this new delta variant which makes this year a really depressing one. Let's hope and pray for our safety as always...
Just keep your mind healthy and not only your body. Keep safe guys!

MagicMissy

Edited by - MagicMissy on 08/16/2021 03:07:03

farrowpledge
Banned

25 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2021 :  22:35:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send farrowpledge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The January 6 event was a fake insurrection that was staged against the Republicans. Though it may cause stress to some, but the major factor of the unprecedented rise in Mental Health problems among the population was the pandemic itself and the unscientific protocols imposed by the government in accordance with this global health issue.
Go to Top of Page

MagicMissy
Banned

Philippines
45 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2021 :  19:09:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MagicMissy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you provide your source about the fake insurrection? Anyway, you have the point on unscientific protocols imposed by the government; however, scientific studies also find numerous factors affecting our mental health that includes political issues.

MagicMissy
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2021 :  10:36:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny how Republicans refused to have the January 6th insurrection investigated if it was supposedly staged against them. farrowpledge is trolling or woefully ignorant. And yes I am stressed out having to share a country with so many shitty ignoramuses.
Go to Top of Page

MagicMissy
Banned

Philippines
45 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2021 :  01:38:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MagicMissy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this guy is simply insane. To think that such event is staged is unexplainable.

MagicMissy
Go to Top of Page

MagicMissy
Banned

Philippines
45 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2021 :  01:39:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MagicMissy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Until now, he didn't come back with evidence to support his claim. This is very apparent in people who are graduates of Social Media University.

MagicMissy
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2021 :  23:56:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since MagicMissy and farrowpledge have the same IP address, I'm going to assume that they're both trolling and ban both of them.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2021 :  10:42:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Dave. "They" had a spammy vibe.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2021 :  21:03:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry it took me so long to boot them.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2021 :  17:05:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Sorry it took me so long to boot them.
Well... It would have taken me even longer, given that I just checked in today for a look.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2021 :  19:14:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Well... It would have taken me even longer, given that I just checked in today for a look.
And 3 days later, I see your reply.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2021 :  21:27:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Kil

And 3 days later, I see your reply.
So it goes...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.