Head butts - part 2
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  03:21:01  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
Hello, I realize that sometimes emails don't go through for a few reasons but I have tried to contact one of the two people who control this site and have not gotten a 2nd reply after he said he'd check into this situation. Did wait a reasonable amount of time, so am now posting here to make another attempt to find out if the problem of the rude and obnoxious poster, with his head up his butt who sounds disturbingly close to being dangerous, is going to be resolved. Appreciate any help, thank you.

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  04:36:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Snake

Hello, I realize that sometimes emails don't go through for a few reasons but I have tried to contact one of the two people who control this site and have not gotten a 2nd reply after he said he'd check into this situation. Did wait a reasonable amount of time, so am now posting here to make another attempt to find out if the problem of the rude and obnoxious poster, with his head up his butt who sounds disturbingly close to being dangerous, is going to be resolved. Appreciate any help, thank you.

I PROMISED I WOULDN'T DO IT NO MORE!! Whaddya want from me?? I been GOOD!!

Actually Snake, one of the things I like most about these fora is that we are all expected to take care of ourselves. One would think that this would lead to a flame war without end, but the opposite is true. For the most part, we're pretty civil.

My suggestion is to simply give back what you get, in spades, after making sure that you are right in the first place.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/27/2006 04:40:51
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  01:13:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy
I PROMISED I WOULDN'T DO IT NO MORE!! Whaddya want from me?? I been GOOD!!

Actually Snake, one of the things I like most about these fora is that we are all expected to take care of ourselves. One would think that this would lead to a flame war without end, but the opposite is true. For the most part, we're pretty civil.

My suggestion is to simply give back what you get, in spades, after making sure that you are right in the first place.

Hi Filthy, do you feel guilty about something we don't know about?
I sent you an email through this site, hope you got it. Since I don't know, I'll post to you here.
This is what happened:
David (Kil) did answer me about this strange situation. Here's what he said to do:
I should "take the matter up with him." (the poster in question).
The poster in question is not you (Filthy, you could never be such an oaf) but he be Dave W. Kil says he's one of an 'administrator' (of sfn). What ever the Hell that means. I just consider him another poster. Hell, he didn't even know how the site originated until I explained the history to him a long time ago. Be that as it may, the problem is, he owes me an apology for his rude, out of control comment. But I expect none from such a low class person as he appears to be.
He doesn't have a clue and has misunderstood several posts in the past then 'jumps to conclusions' from what he thinks rather than what's written in the post. (there have been several posts in the past where he replied quoting the wrong post or poster and in other ways answered with inappropriate comments -- not worth mentioning at the time but it's gotten to the point it needs bringing to attention). He is so UN-perceptive that I won't waste my time as Kil said, to take this up with him. However if I were to say anything to him he wouldn't understand and he'd probably get a little too extreme again anyway and do, who knows what! Oh, what the heck, I'll say it, he has a narrow minded little brain that couldn't comprehend higher thoughts if he tried. He reminds me of the 'Dwarf of Ignorance' whom Shiva tries to stomp on. In other words, someone with whom one can not be reasonable. Therefore not one worth speaking to.
Hope that helps.
Thank you very much for you suggestion Filthy, you've helped a lot.
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  03:58:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
Maybe I'm talking out of school here, but Snake, are you sure you've got the right guy?

If it's the same Dave W. I've encountered on these here forums, I find it hard to believe that the adjectives "UN-perceptive", "extreme" or "narrow minded" are applicable. I certainly haven't read all of Dave's 6800+ or your 2400+ posts, so there could well be some ugliness buried in there somewhere I've missed. If so, I'd like to read it!

As to "disturbingly close to being dangerous", unless you mean to themselves, I doubt that description applies to any of the regulars here. Maybe I'm just not paranoid enough.

Bring on the flames.

(edited to fix my atroshus spelling)

John's just this guy, you know.
Edited by - JohnOAS on 04/04/2006 04:49:32
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  04:36:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I am guilty of many things. I hope to be guilty of many more, if I can manage to live long enough.

Didn't get the e-mail, but there's nothing unusual about that. My provider has a spam filter that seconds as the La Brea Tar Pits, so a lot doesn't get through. I can't quite seem to decide whether this is a blessing or a curse.....

Snake, you can't take anyone on any forum too seriously, including myself. After all, you are not having to live with them, and to give them any status beyond acquaintance is simply unreasonable. The anonymity of the internet insists on this.

The forum has an "Ignore" feature that somehow bypasses posts put forth by a given individual. Having never used such, I don't know how it works, but I'd suggest that you simply tack it on to your problem and move on. Life is too short and excess stomach acids too irritating to let the forum chatter of acquaintances get to you, am I right? Of course I am..........

At this late date, everybody has had time to cool off, and life will go on as it would do in any event. Let's just take a step back and start over, eh? Often the easy way out is the best one.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  06:46:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Norma (Snake), since you've decided to air this bit of laundry publicly, I can only say that the post in question - the one that so upset you - was little more than me giving you a taste of your own medicine. You obviously didn't like it, but your response above shows that you don't appreciate just how rude you are with the "you wouldn't understand" nonsense. As for apologizing for the words you found truly offensive, your arrogant and hypocritical comment deserved no less a response. I'll apologize after you do.

Finally, I find it very funny that you advise people (including me) to not take anything on an Internet forum seriously, yet you took my remarks so seriously that you decided to send an email to @tomic. You don't practice what you preach, Norma.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  22:19:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Go to Top of Page

trogdor
Skeptic Friend

198 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  09:39:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send trogdor a Private Message
There is only one way to solve this. 5 rounds of bare knuckle boxing! lets-get-it-on!!

AND NOW, FROM PARTS UNKNOWN, WHEIGHING IN AT 6903 POSTS... DAVE W.!!!!

all eyes were on Ford Prefect. some of them were on stalks.
-Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  13:26:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  17:28:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Chippewa

Nice gif, Chippewa. I'm gonna steal it unless you want to claim copyright (or know someone else who does).

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  02:30:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by JohnOAS

Maybe I'm talking out of school here, but Snake, are you sure you've got the right guy?

If it's the same Dave W. I've encountered on these here forums, I find it hard to believe that the adjectives "UN-perceptive", "extreme" or "narrow minded" are applicable. I certainly haven't read all of Dave's 6800+ or your 2400+ posts, so there could well be some ugliness buried in there somewhere I've missed. If so, I'd like to read it!

As to "disturbingly close to being dangerous", unless you mean to themselves, I doubt that description applies to any of the regulars here. Maybe I'm just not paranoid enough.

Bring on the flames.

(edited to fix my atroshus spelling)

Yes, I'm pretty sure he's the guy.

I'm not sure why you mention the number of posts. I have others under another screen name if you are interested. LOL, I'd tell you the name, it's no secret but I've forgotten exactly. Maybe there's a way to find it, I don't have time to try. They are pretty much the same ideas and responses as most of my other posts, I'm sure. Pro abortion, pro gay, pro free speech, pro legalization of drugs, against Bush and the like, Zero population growth...... can't think of everything but that's some of what my posts would say. I can't think of any time I've remarked directly to any one person in a truly nasty manner as some people do, unless they've said something 1st. Is that what you wanted to know?
As for Dave, I saw him when he came onto this site. I had nothing against him then or now. He seems to have some sort of vendetta towards me judging from some things he's said in the past and recently though. I'm not sure what he's talking about because he replies about things I haven't exactly said or done. From various other posts of his I get the impression he's not as he completely represents himself to be. Maybe he's upset that I can 'see through him' and is afraid because I'm so much more intelligent than he. Some people just want to be angry about something and take it out on others.
He seems to over react 1st rather than someone like you who asks. And unlike the poster by the name of marfknox who also gets upset but reminds me of a monkey jumping up and down making screeching noise, it's just funny to read those posts. She (I guess she's a she) needs to mature a bit and the posts are not so specifically nasty. That would be fine but Dave sounds like he wants to punch someone the way he goes overboard in his wording.
Other than the one recent post of his, I can't direct you to any one post (who has the time to go over everything?), it's just a compilation of the essence of many of them.
I'm not paranoid either. It's the fairly recent post and the strong emotional response to something that he perceives in his own mind that makes me think of someone who could invent (or think that) an offensively 'directed' remark was made to him alone, such a person could be capable of more drastic measures should he imagine another delusion.
Hope that answers some of your questions. Feel free to email me directly (wwwCuriousCreations.com) if you still want to discuss it. (I may not have stated this as best I could. And probably didn't think of all that I wanted to say... but there you are!)
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  08:23:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Snake

That would be fine but Dave sounds like he wants to punch someone the way he goes overboard in his wording.
Ah, so it's my fault if you interpret my words as indicating tendencies towards violence. Got it. Really, Snake, you've remarked, several times, that your words here don't reflect your actual personality, so why in the world would you think that my words do? It's just more hypocrisy.
quote:
It's the fairly recent post and the strong emotional response to something that he perceives in his own mind that makes me think of someone who could invent (or think that) an offensively 'directed' remark...
Interesting. You make what you acknowledge to be an "offensively 'directed' remark," and then you got upset when someone happened to take offense to it.
quote:
... was made to him alone...
Actually, it didn't much matter whether it was directed to me alone or to the whole world, my response would have been the same. Your remark appeared to be intended to offend people, as do many of your other remarks. I got offended. Why is it that you seem to want to lay the blame for that on me?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.