Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  12:51:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Dude

You don't need to get ripped off by Cenegeics scammers to the tune of 10-20k a year.
Actually, since IntergreaterOne claims to have most of it paid by insurance, he's ripping us all off.
I find that a puzzling thing for an insurance company to do since, at the most basic level, growing old is a preexisting condition.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2012 :  00:34:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You don't need to get ripped off by Cenegeics scammers to the tune of 10-20k a year.
Actually, since IntergreaterOne claims to have most of it paid by insurance, he's ripping us all off.

I don't buy the claim that any insurance company would pay for Cenegenics. You can hardly get them to pay for real healthcare, so I doubt they pay for something expensive and unevidenced like this.

I could see an executive perk kind of thing, maybe, paying for it. But not health insurance.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2012 :  05:59:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'd be very interested to hear what insurance company is paying for this.

Insurance doesn't pay for stuff that is not medically necessary or not evidence based. Chriros complain that when they bill an insurance company, that the insurance company gives them a boatload of static (they do) and require documentation of the procedure up the ying-yang before denying it at least once.

10-20k a year for a single person would definately get the bean counters sniffing around. Although, depending on how the doctor bills it, it might get covered under an insurance fraud methodology called upcharging or mislabling procedures. A for instance is say Kil walks into a doctor's office and he actually has insurance. The doc sees him for say.... falling off a ladder. (Which he really should if it keeps bugging him) The doc can only bill for a simple office visit of 15 min for an established patient. Instead, the doc does some unnecessary cardio work up and a lung capacity work up. He then fraudulently increases the severity of the office visit and bills for the cardio and lung capacity work ups. Doctor Fraud then fails to attach the required documentation or invents some.

Once or twice, the doc gets away with it. But ol Doc Fraud never does it only once or twice. He establishes a pattern of abuse that the insurance company staff is trained to find. He gets busted, has to pay multi-millions in fines and reperations and does a nickle to a dime in the jar. (Coloquialism: 5-10 years in jail)

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

gooch

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  07:13:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send gooch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dr Life entered a challenge called "body for life" back in 1998 through a company called EAS. Check it out. go to bodyforlife.com and search for dr life. You will find his before and after pics. So, this commercial with his pics certainly are not recent. Or did he get pumped back in 98 gain it all back and start over with cenegetics? Not sure. But this is very sketchy! He looks way bigger now then he did in his after pics in 1998. Hard to gain that kind of size at that age! again, sketchy!
Go to Top of Page

gooch

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  07:39:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send gooch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dr life is on steroids ,testosterone cypionate, to be exact. He admits to it! Now, testosterone in an older man can help him feel younger. However, you take the risk of increasing prostate cancer by 75%!!! and heart problems and the biggest problem, hormone unbalance! thats the main reason pro athletes commit suicide beat there wives and kids once there done playing. Noone every talks about the hormonal issues and they psychological effects on the brain! So, I hope for dr juice monkey, he can keep his hormones in check! Another interesting fact, the number one users of steroids.... girls ages 14-19! Un real what people will do too look good!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  08:25:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to SFN gooch. So it's all steroids. Heh.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  09:32:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by gooch

...Another interesting fact, the number one users of steroids.... girls ages 14-19! Un real what people will do too look good!
Are you talking about birth control, or about acne medication? Steroids can be used for both, and girls age 14-19 are absolutely the target demographic. Of course, many of my female friends in high school claimed to use birth control medication solely because it cleared up their acne.

Welcome to SFN!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  11:24:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Boron10

... Of course, many of my female friends in high school claimed to use birth control medication solely because it cleared up their acne.

I'm betting the real reason was you.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  21:07:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anabolic steroids have a number of very obvious bad side effects, but is there any real risk associated with growth hormone in small doses? I've read that too much can cause tumors, or possibly causes accelerated growth of existing tumors, and can cause internal organs to grow larger. But if we're talking about a kind of replacement therapy, increasing the levels of a middle aged person to that of a 20 year old, is there any evidence that this is not beneficial? Many doctors already prescribe testosterone replacement therapy, this doesn't sound too different to that.

Go to Top of Page

JustCurious

USA
1 Post

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  01:59:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JustCurious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The one thing no one seems to address is quality of life. I'm 44 and considering treatment with someone.

I've tried the exercise and diet route and never have the energy to stay with it more than a few months and the fact is the more I move the more I hurt and pain gets old after awhile.

Now from reading HRT at least addresses the energy levels, which enables you to tackle the other items easier.

As it is I can't imagine living another 40 years feeling the way I do now. So dying at 75 opposed to 85 really isn't that big of deal to me right now. Sure I may feel different at 74 but today is about today not a tomorrow that may never come.

We all know the quantities of hormones body builders and athletes use is bad long term they are abusing the system. Are there any studies out there on low dose treatments. It doesn't seem like there are. If I am wrong please point them out. Based on that everyone seems to be making biased conclusions without any facts.

Scientist claim a glass or two of red wine a day is good for you but probably agree that a gallon a day is bad for you. Same thing with low vs high dose HRT?
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  06:23:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JustCurious

The one thing no one seems to address is quality of life. I'm 44 and considering treatment with someone.

I've tried the exercise and diet route and never have the energy to stay with it more than a few months and the fact is the more I move the more I hurt and pain gets old after awhile.

Now from reading HRT at least addresses the energy levels, which enables you to tackle the other items easier.

As it is I can't imagine living another 40 years feeling the way I do now. So dying at 75 opposed to 85 really isn't that big of deal to me right now. Sure I may feel different at 74 but today is about today not a tomorrow that may never come.

We all know the quantities of hormones body builders and athletes use is bad long term they are abusing the system. Are there any studies out there on low dose treatments. It doesn't seem like there are. If I am wrong please point them out. Based on that everyone seems to be making biased conclusions without any facts.

Scientist claim a glass or two of red wine a day is good for you but probably agree that a gallon a day is bad for you. Same thing with low vs high dose HRT?

Unlike HRT, wine flushes out of the system and the effects of use are common knowledge.

HRT not under a doctor's care is a recipe for disaster. Dosages of HRT (if medically necessary) should be determined by a doctor. Blood tests. Etc.

Self dosing HRT is sort of like going to Louie the mechanic and asking him to perform bypass surgery.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

debora1977

1 Post

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  05:01:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send debora1977 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my opinion, such a diet should be agreed with your doctor. Especially because there are various medications.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  19:20:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chaloobi

I'm thinking of these folks as a clinical trial. If in 10 years there's not been a class action lawsuit against this company by a bunch of guys with bad livers or cancer, and they're all fit and youthful feeling, well then, maybe it's safe.

After 3+ years, not ten, they got the lawsuit.

Link
Check out the bottom of page 3.

Anyone want some of their money back?

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Andifultake

USA
1 Post

Posted - 09/27/2016 :  01:47:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Andifultake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[Quote of entire original post removed - Dave W.]

Great post.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.