New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  21:52:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Why? Aren't they making money on Ham?
No matter what your field, some clients are so irritating you think a lot about giving them their money back. Ham's lawyers probably advised him, over and over again, to keep quiet. He couldn't. The lawyers are probably feeling really frustrated that their best counsel is being so blatantly ignored. It's possible that at some point, they get fed up and say, "this isn't worth any amount of money."

One could only hope. It would make Ham look even more stupid.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2015 :  18:03:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

One could only hope. It would make Ham look even more stupid.
Of course, given Ham's religious requirements for employees, it could very well be that he's hired lawyers who prioritize ideology over the law, in which case they're probably telling him exactly what he wants to hear.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2015 :  15:03:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Turns out the attendance projections are dropping over time, too. Ham still claims two million visitors per year, but an independent review suggests less than 15% of that if the visitors are religiously motivated.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2015 :  10:06:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ark Park intends to sue the state.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2015 :  09:45:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ark Park intends to sue the state.
I just can't imagine what compelling case they can make in their favor for discriminating on the basis of religion while using taxpayer money unless they say they weren't while even Ham's comments say they were.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2015 :  09:44:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken Ham Will Be A 'Second Class Citizen' Without Tax Breaks For His Creationist Theme Park:
On Monday, Ham took his case to the right-wing program "In the Market with Janet Parshall," where the host claimed that Ham is being "treated as a second class citizen" and is the victim of "viewpoint discrimination."

Ham said that the rights of all people of faith are at stake in his case...
That is, the "rights of all people of faith" to get tax breaks while violating the law.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2015 :  18:44:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ken Ham Will Be A 'Second Class Citizen' Without Tax Breaks For His Creationist Theme Park:
On Monday, Ham took his case to the right-wing program "In the Market with Janet Parshall," where the host claimed that Ham is being "treated as a second class citizen" and is the victim of "viewpoint discrimination."

Ham said that the rights of all people of faith are at stake in his case...
That is, the "rights of all people of faith" to get tax breaks while violating the law.
Ham's a real pill. Isn't he?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2015 :  06:13:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Governor seeks dismissal of Ark lawsuit

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2015 :  07:13:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like Ham's Ark will have big holes in its concrete hull. I guess it'll have to float by faith alone.
...we need to build an Ark—a life-size Ark—as a sign to the world that God’s Word is true and the message of salvation is true.
You really think a fake Ark is going to do that, Ken? You really think your alleged truth can be proven with lies?

Matt Young rightly mocks the gopher steel in use. Another commenter there points to the architects' website, which includes a zillion photos of the construction.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2015 :  16:00:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And now it seems that Ham is trying to extend summer vacation to get more people to the Ark.

Public schools here in Virginia don't open until after Labor Day thanks to the King's Domonion theme park, for the same reason, but at least it's not a church.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2015 :  16:22:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And now it seems that Ham is trying to extend summer vacation to get more people to the Ark.

Public schools here in Virginia don't open until after Labor Day thanks to the King's Domonion theme park, for the same reason, but at least it's not a church.
Ham and company are never short on chutzpah.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2015 :  09:46:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably just a final gasp before the whole ship sinks.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  18:52:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funding finagling. Of course.

Turns out the nearest town has a total population of around 4,000 people. Yet Ark Encounter is supposed to create 3,000 jobs, and on decent months attract over 8,000 people per week to the area (Ham's initial projections for the first year were three to five times higher still). The town and county seem to be working on attracting hotel and restaurant developers to handle this massive influx, so when the Ark fails, the town is going to be left with (probably) dozens of empty buildings and massive debt from incentivizing the development in the first place.

Here's the final paragraph of the linked article:
As a Humanist, I’m greatly concerned the residents will be left to flounder in the flood of debt. As a secularist, I’m pissed off that the public’s money is being spent on an unabashed religious ministry. As a skeptic, I’m suspicious of why the TIF wasn’t common knowledge. And as a science enthusiast, I’m aghast that this is a conversation we’re having in the 21st century.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2015 :  08:17:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing fails bigger than God is what Williamstown, Grant county and are going to find out for themselves. If the tax payers are going to be left holding the bag it looks like a good time to move out of Williamstown and Grant county, while the getting is good. Over the county line should be far enough but another less fruit state would be my liking. If I was living there in the first place.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  22:30:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Except Ken Ham to gloat that a judge has handed him $18 million in tax incentives. Don't expect the ruling to be appealed, because the Governor of Kentucky is very much in favor of the Ark Park.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.