Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  19:56:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by On fire for Christ

There's nothing fun about the sacrifices Noah and his family had to make.
What "sacrifices" precisely? They're the only ones who lived, allegedly.

Or is it the case that in your book, dying unsaved is easier than living?

They had to live on a boat with dinosaurs in the rain for 40 days, then reboot civilisation. I'd say that's harder than anything you've ever done, Dave.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  22:54:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

There's nothing fun about the sacrifices Noah and his family had to make.
What "sacrifices" precisely? They're the only ones who lived, allegedly.

Or is it the case that in your book, dying unsaved is easier than living?

They had to live on a boat with dinosaurs in the rain for 40 days, then reboot civilisation. I'd say that's harder than anything you've ever done, Dave.
Plus they had to go back 64 million years to get the dinosaurs. That couldn't have been easy.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  07:59:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

They had to live on a boat with dinosaurs in the rain for 40 days, then reboot civilisation.
Still better than drowning.

I'd say that's harder than anything you've ever done, Dave.
Oh, are we comparing to sacrifices I've made? That'd be weird. I don't think I'm going to get to live 600+ years.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  19:45:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not every death is a sacrifice.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  21:16:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Not every death is a sacrifice.
Not every year-long boat ride is a sacrifice, either.

Don't forget that I'm one of those people who think that if Jesus is God, then He knew exactly what was going to happen before, during and after the Cross, and thus His "death" wasn't a sacrifice at all, but merely another step along the path that He Himself created for His Divine Plan.

Sacrifice, after all, is about losing something. Objectively speaking, Jesus lost nothing, and gained everything.

What did Noah and his family lose?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2017 :  20:05:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave, you're really so simple minded. You have to quantify sacrifice like you're balancing your cheque-book. It's really laughable how your brain works to any normal human being.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2017 :  20:17:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You have to quantify sacrifice like you're balancing your cheque-book.
Is that an imperative or a criticism?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  17:58:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Creationist blames dreadful attendance at Ark theme park on tax-starved city not supplying ‘tourist services’

I wonder when Ham will get around to blaming Monsanto?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  18:14:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
seems like Ham, et. Al. Should be praying for a little localized flooding. You know. Deliver the attraction to Dry Ridge. But I am betting that the obvious has already been suggested to Ken. Maybe his faith isn't strong enough even when 2 or more come together in pray.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  15:47:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Creationists Have Sold Ark Encounter. To Themselves. For $10. To Avoid Taxes.
Just to summarize here, Ark Encounter used its for-profit status to receive all sorts of tax breaks. Then the Creationists told Williamstown officials that they ran a non-profit ministry to avoid paying more taxes. And now they’re basically confessing that they were a for-profit business this whole time because they just sold the boat to the non-profit entity that oversees it.

If that’s confusing… well, welcome to how Creationists think.

Ken Ham is busy screwing over the city that helped him make his ark park possible.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  20:41:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Ken Ham is busy screwing over the city that helped him make his ark park possible.

Lying for Jesus is to be expected.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  22:42:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PZ Myers is now calling it Ken Ham's Big Gay Wooden Box. Ham thinks he can "reclaim the rainbow."

In other Big Gay Wooden Box news, Kentucky has stopped giving Ham his tax rebates.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  17:51:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ark agrees to pay city safety fee.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

deepmind

1 Post

Posted - 07/30/2017 :  10:23:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send deepmind a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Not every year-long boat ride is a sacrifice, either.

Don't forget that I'm one of those people who think that if Jesus is God, then He knew exactly what was going to happen before, during and after the Cross, and thus His "death" wasn't a sacrifice at all, but merely another step along the path that He Himself created for His Divine Plan.

Sacrifice, after all, is about losing something. Objectively speaking, Jesus lost nothing, and gained everything.

I don't think Jesus knew until maybe the very end (last supper?). Don't forget he was born a human and I don't think he knew he would be crucified when he was a kid.

https://kitchenlola.com/best-drip-coffee-maker/
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  17:44:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by deepmind

I don't think Jesus knew until maybe the very end (last supper?). Don't forget he was born a human and I don't think he knew he would be crucified when he was a kid.
Well, in his single-digit years, he was healing and smiting with abandon (and magicking his dad's crappy carpentry square) so he must have known something was up, and at age 12 he was wowing the temple elders in Jerusalem, so he must have known (at the very least) about the 100+ Old Testament prophecies his crucifixion (and events around it) would allegedly fulfill. Even if we just stick to the canonical New Testament, I don't think there's a single episode in which Jesus is surprised by anything the rabbis throw at him regarding the law or the old Jewish holy books, so obviously he would have known all of it at least as early as when he started preaching.

Welcome to SFN, deepmind.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds.