Report Problems
 Where is the "Search" Function?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  22:31:44  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For some reason I can't seem to find a search window, on any of the forum pages. Where you type in keywords and find them in past posts. Is this in my end? (Probably.)

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  23:45:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

For some reason I can't seem to find a search window, on any of the forum pages. Where you type in keywords and find them in past posts. Is this in my end? (Probably.)

Open a folder and look where it says "New Topic." It also says "Search." And yeah. that needs to be fixed. I had the same problem finding it while looking up stuff for our summary.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2013 :  04:29:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll try to get on this this weekend.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2013 :  08:39:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why not first rearrange and hide our data even more randomly, then charge for use of the search feature? Just want to help, ya know...

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2013 :  09:00:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Why not first rearrange and hide our data even more randomly, then charge for use of the search feature? Just want to help, ya know...

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2013 :  10:12:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Open a folder and look where it says "New Topic." It also says "Search." And yeah. that needs to be fixed. I had the same problem finding it while looking up stuff for our summary.
So it did disappear! I thought it was on my end. That's what I get for "thought'in".

Thanks you guys.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  00:00:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Originally posted by Kil

So it did disappear! I thought it was on my end. That's what I get for "thought'in".

Thanks you guys.
You're very welcome. I think I can speak for SFN's management when I say, "That'll be a $20.00 Advice Fee."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  07:06:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The search box has been returned, thanks to @tomic.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  07:52:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Thank you @tomic and everyone involved.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  08:11:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Good deal!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2013 :  17:41:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankies, @tomic!

I program in ASP and SQL queries at work, and I sometimes do MySQL on my Linux VM. Lemme know if you need any programming help. Especially if it involves increasing the max size of avatars to take advantage of available space in the left margin. :)
Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 10/02/2013 17:42:17
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2013 :  01:45:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Thankies, @tomic!

I program in ASP and SQL queries at work, and I sometimes do MySQL on my Linux VM. Lemme know if you need any programming help. Especially if it involves increasing the max size of avatars to take advantage of available space in the left margin. :)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.