Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2014 :  08:00:47  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
What's your favorite subject to read/learn about, skepticism-wise?

Choices:
Afterlife/NDEs
Atlantis/Lost Worlds
Conspiracy Theories/Deniers
Creationism/Evolution
Cryptozoology
Dowsing
Global Climate Change/Meteorology
Hoaxes/Frauds
Medicine/Health
Politics
Psychics/Mentalism
Psychology/Fallacies
Religion
UFOs/Abductions
Other (please share)

(Anonymous Vote)

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2014 :  11:34:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose medical and health because quacks kill people.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2014 :  11:40:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. I'm sure someone out there has had a DE while trying to have an NDE.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2014 :  17:48:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm almost 50/50 with creationism/evolution and cryptozoology. Went with c/e.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2014 :  09:53:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My favorite subject is pretty much all of the above because it changes from day to day.

Perhaps a better way of putting it is that I love a good debunking. When I run across a new one I read it eagerly and then go read any citations or references. The next day I may see a debunking of a completely different area and go off reading in an entirely different direction. Maybe I'm just a skeptidiletante, but I enjoy doing it.

- TW
Go to Top of Page

Mr Q

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  12:05:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mr Q a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose cryptic animals because though most discussed today have not yet been proven to exist, some in the past have so one never knows when that elusive animal finally gets proven to exist. Though some animals are just too hard to believe that they exist, one must remember the old saying, "absence of proof is not proof of absence"
Go to Top of Page

NikiNOS

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  13:21:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send NikiNOS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I choose NDE/Afterlife because for a long time I believed in it and it hits home because my father is a funeral director. I was obsessed speaking to the dead and paranormal activity. In a small way I still wish it was real. I find it fascinating.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2016 :  12:10:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by NikiNOS

In a small way I still wish it was real.
In a large way, I wish even a tenth of the stuff we're promised by cranks and quacks were real. Who wouldn't want to live a longer, disease-free life just by eating the right way? Who wouldn't want to be able to converse with dead family and friends? Who wouldn't want to be able to fetch a beer with the power of one's mind alone?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2016 :  18:17:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by NikiNOS

I choose NDE/Afterlife because for a long time I believed in it and it hits home because my father is a funeral director. I was obsessed speaking to the dead and paranormal activity. In a small way I still wish it was real. I find it fascinating.
Ever think you made contact

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Elyn Saks
Spammer

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2016 :  03:29:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Elyn Saks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I choose Global climate change because global warming is increasing and there are lot of natural disasters increasing in every country. To build a new world all the forests are been burnt.This is serious issue we have to do something.GO GREEN
Edited by - Elyn Saks on 06/10/2016 03:40:40
Go to Top of Page

Elyn Saks
Spammer

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2016 :  02:54:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Elyn Saks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grow trees
Go to Top of Page

Elyn Saks
Spammer

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2016 :  02:56:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Elyn Saks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My website for babies protection and care

[Spam link removed - Dave W.]
Go to Top of Page

Abigail Evans

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2017 :  12:15:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Abigail Evans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose religion because conversation between believers and sceptics is immortal)
Go to Top of Page

thegrrr

USA
1 Post

Posted - 02/01/2017 :  10:34:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit thegrrr's Homepage Send thegrrr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hoaxes/Fraudes, cause I find them fascinating.

[url=http://phenq-results.com] My Phenq review [/url]
Go to Top of Page

Ankita

2 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  02:23:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ankita a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Medicine/Health
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  03:31:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stuff/Thingies
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.