PBB archives
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  08:06:16  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Project Blue Book case files are now online for all to see.

Digg picked out some of their fave photos.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  11:58:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interestingly, John Greenewald, Jr. who put together The Black Vault where the Project Blue Book files are linked to above is himself a believer in a government conspiracy to cover up the significance of some of the UFO files.

When I first launched the Project Blue Book Collection, I had no idea the media attention it would receive. I was very excited, but also a bit frustrated that many media outlets got many of the facts wrong, and it made it look like I was claiming something that was not true and factually incorrect.
So, I wanted to offer a behind-the-scenes look at how the evolution of this archive took shape just to clear up any false beliefs.

First, I never claimed these documents were "newly declassified." Anyone who has read my book Beyond UFO Secrecy, or has seen me lecture, knows Project Blue Book has been a cornerstone of my research for proving the UFO cover-up. And I have used it for the past nearly 2 decades. So, I would never make such a claim. In actuality, the Project Blue Book material has been declassified for many years, and available for researchers. You just needed to know where to look.

Project Blue Book Collection - History

Blogging about a UFO conference Robert Shaffer attended, Robert mentions a talk by Greenwald.

The final speaker was John Greenwald, Jr., who spoke about "A Common Sense Reality Check on the UFO Phenomenon." A television producer and director, Greenwald has filed over 3,000 Freedom of Information requests on the UFO subject. He talked about mostly well-known cases, like Roswell, the 1952 Washington, DC sightings, and the 1976 air and ground sighting in Iran. He spoke about the 1985 Bob White encounter in western Colorado (he said, near Las Vegas). White supposedly recovered a piece that fell from the UFO, and kept it in the trunk of his car for many years. Eventually it was analyzed, and supposedly found to consist of completely unknown material. Greenwald forgot to mention that, according to a 2011 article in Skeptic Magazine, a professional in the steel industry states,

The object in question is made of accreted grinding residue. It forms in a manner similar to a common stalagmite when metal castings are “cleaned” on large stationary grinders.

But I suppose letting in a few relevant facts might spoil Greenwald's talk.

Bad UFOs: Skepticism, UFOs, and The Universe

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.