Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2017 :  21:24:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Christian Hedonist

Well repentance is required which god gives you.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! I thought faith alone was good enough, but now you're saying an act must be performed, as well?!

My point was that any sin can be forgiven minus one.
Which one specifically?

I don’t think god sees miscarriages as sin. It is a consequence of sin.
Way to blame the victim. Wow.
I am not doing that. What I meant by my statement is that sickness etc. entered the world when Adam sinned. Miscarriages happen because creation has fallen and is not like it is supposed to be. God will recreate the world when he comes back.
So you're saying that Eve had the power to change creation against God's will.

He also doesn’t think it is acceptable, he allows it to happen.
Yes, he condones it. He has the power to stop it, and he thinks it's wrong, but he allows it to happen anyway.
I agree with this.
Then why do you argue every time I say that God condones something evil? It's the same logic for every evil. God created all the evil in the world, and has done nothing (or insufficiently much) to stop any of it, from day one.

Evil logically predated humans because humans had no knowledge of evil before they ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, which God planted in a spot where his new humans could get to it. God also allowed the snake to enter the Garden, and God allowed the snake to talk to Eve and vice versa. Worst of all, God allowed the humans to eat from the Tree he said not to eat from.

So, if "the Fall" is your basis for blaming evils on sinners, then every sin must be blamed on God. Humans couldn't possibly have done all the above on their own, without God creating all the necessary and sufficient conditions beforehand.

If your God had done the simple act (for Him) of putting the Tree one galaxy over, we'd still be living in Paradise, sin-free.

Instead, God set humans up for the Fall, watched as it happened, and did nothing to prevent it, despite Him being allegedly omniscient, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent. Either "creation" is exactly how it's "supposed to be" (your words), or else humans have more power than God. Which is it?

I know the answer and so do you. Your God is responsible for all evil in the world, period.

Another alternative is that God is NOT omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent. This premise is buttressed by the story of Noah and the Ark, in which God basically said, "I screwed up, I'm going to start over." But if that's the case, why should anyone believe the Jesus stuff? Maybe God screwed up again.

Then how can you condemn my views if there really is not right or wrong just what we each individually think?
Because your views start and stop with "God said so, it's in the Book," and that's simply a dead argument. We cannot freely debate whether any particular act is morally right or wrong when "God said so" is one of the positions, because all sides would first need to accept the premise "God exists," which some of us do not.

Look at what's gone on in the religion-related threads you've been involved with, here. In every case, I have accepted, for the sake of argument, that your God exists and behaves as your Bible claims He does. In no instance have you ever tried the converse. This hasn't been two sides debating as equals. It's always been on your terms.

Morally, that's a real stinker all by itself. If you'd begun each and every one of these discussions with "I do not and will not accept the premise that my interpretation of the Christian God does not exist," we could have both saved a heck of a lot of time and effort.

No, the playing field is tilted your way, always. How does that knowledge make you feel regarding any debate point you think you have won?

I guess I'm saying that you should probably justify why I should accept the Bible as authoritative - as justifiable true belief, even if only as the basis of argument - before we continue any of our discussions.

And you don't see a problem with this? Why, if you had the power, wouldn't you create millions of deaf kids, and blind kids, and kids with harelips, and kids with their spines outside their skin, etc.. If you had God's power, why would you not use it? God does it for some reason, why wouldn't you?
I wouldn't unless I agreed with gods reason which I don't know.
And you don't see a problem with you not knowing what God's reason is? For anything?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2017 :  17:04:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, Christian Hedonist, I know you're in Texas, but I don't know where exactly. Hope you're okay down there.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.