Both sides do it
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2017 :  20:12:03  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But do they, really?

Don't forget to add the Islamist and Right-Wing numbers together, since the Islamists are right-wing.

Note also that most of the Islamist "incidents" were actually foiled before execution.

But here's the real kicker when it comes to looking at the data:

That's right: the white-skinned, Christian, born-and-bred-in-the-U.S.A terrorists often don't even get charged with their crimes anymore.

Things were different in 1999:
...in 1999, federal counterterrorism efforts were focused heavily on far-right radicals. This was in the wake of Timothy McVeigh’s 1995 truck bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City, which killed 168 people and injured 680; Eric Rudolph’s 1996 backpack bombing of the Atlanta Olympics, which killed one person and injured 111, followed by his bombings months later of a lesbian nightclub and an abortion clinic; and white supremacist Benjamin Smith’s 1999 shooting spree directed at blacks, Asians and Jews in cities across Illinois and Indiana, which left two people dead and nine wounded.
Then 9/11 happened, which had a huge body count, but was still just a single plan, carried out by just a few people.

Of course, the 9/11 terrorists were also right-wing terrorists. But ask the special snowflakes on the right about liberal protests, and you'd think every leftie was a member of the Weather Underground (despite that group only killing three people in eight years).

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  14:37:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And now it's official: frightened police may now murder non-white gun owners.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  21:40:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

And now it's official: frightened police may now murder non-white gun owners.
Non-white gun owners who are legally carrying and try to assist the officer by informing them of that fact.

This can't be stressed enough: the worst, most pathetic criticism I've heard about the situation is that Philando Castile should have kept his mouth shut because he was under no obligation to inform the police officer that he was carrying. It's the Republican version of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," except if you tell without asking you get killed instead of discharged.

Another life that gun prohibition would have saved.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2017 :  09:17:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about the latest NRA ad?
This raises a question for “both sides” apostles: Can you think of a recent video anywhere near as vicious as this one from a left-wing group? I don’t mean some dude on Twitter. I mean some significant organization associated with mainstream liberalism. It’s an honest question. I don’t watch a lot of propaganda videos, so I could easily have missed something. Any takers?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2017 :  16:02:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why does the NRA hate America so much?
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2017 :  00:39:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No one is scared of a violent liberal threat. That's a smokescreen. They're frightened of liberal political power.

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2017 :  19:13:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Closed fist of truth". Well This sure is an eye opening ad by the NRA. Inciteful.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2017 :  19:56:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

Inciteful.
I see what you did there.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.