Did Jesus poop?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2019 :  12:29:08  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Big article at The Daily Beast about Jesus' bathroom practices:
Why is everyone talking about this? Well there’s a lot at stake here. Much of early Christian theological debate is taken up with the issue of how Jesus is both a god and a human being. Early on there were some early Christians who thought that Jesus only “seemed” to have a human body but in reality was a god. You can see why Christians who held this position thought Jesus never went to the bathroom. This position, which is known as Doceticism, would come to be rejected as heresy, but those who wanted to argue that Jesus was truly human have to explain how the combination of humanity and divinity works. While they are doing that they are also trying to avoid the idea that the divinity in Jesus is somehow defiled by or corrupted by all the disgusting aspects of human bodies. Excrement, in particular, was just the kind of disgusting thing that people wanted to avoid.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

dglas raeat

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2019 :  19:52:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit dglas raeat's Homepage Send dglas raeat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, when humans die ...

Monsters are made, not born.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2019 :  19:24:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, dglas!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2019 :  02:52:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He was human enough to die, so logically he was human enough to poop. Childish.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  20:59:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got any evidence that Jesus was "human enough to die?" Nobody ever found a body. Plenty of people have been thought dead only to wake up days later. Mortuary science has come a long way in 2,000 years.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Yolonda

2 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  01:39:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Yolonda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
here is me, too, not very understandable. After all, he was a spirit or still human like all of us. Has anyone ever seen his body or his grave <spam link removed>? I know that there is a sheet in which it was wrapped, but where the grave itself..generally for me it's probably more of a fairy tale. Although who knows

While we appreciate your contributions to the discussion, please refrain from posting unrelated advertisements -- B10
Edited by - Boron10 on 11/21/2019 04:30:48
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  21:02:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Yolonda

... After all, he was a spirit ...

What do you mean by spirit?

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Yolonda

2 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2019 :  02:44:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Yolonda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
here is me, too, not very understandable. After all, he was a spirit or still human like all of us. Has anyone ever seen his body or his grave [Link to nowhere removed - Dave W.] I know that there is a sheet in which it was wrapped, but where the grave itself..generally for me it's probably more of a fairy tale. Although who knows
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  11:47:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Beep boop I am a robot."
-Yolanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.