How are you dealing with the anxiety
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MagicMissy
Banned

Philippines
45 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2020 :  20:05:32  Show Profile Send MagicMissy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As what the title says.

How do you deal with the anxiety during these pandemic days? I know some of you are dealing with it right now. Feel free to share it.

MagicMissy

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2020 :  19:34:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am more fortunate than many. I have been working from home for 7 years. The things that I have given up is that I used to go out for lunch 1 or 2 times per week, now I get it to go. And I cancelled my gym membership, but I have a green way just a 3 minute walk from my front door. I guess my greatest frustration is that, from the top down, we have too many people in this country who insist that following health guidelines infringes on their “individual” rights

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

MagicMissy
Banned

Philippines
45 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2020 :  20:28:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MagicMissy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

we have too many people in this country who insist that following health guidelines infringes on their “individual” rights

Yeah, you are right and I respect your opinion but we can not blame them for that is their perception, and I'm pretty sure they can stand with it.

MagicMissy
Go to Top of Page

MagicMissy
Banned

Philippines
45 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2020 :  22:14:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MagicMissy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am more fortunate than many. I have been working from home for 7 years. The things that I have given up is that I used to go out for lunch 1 or 2 times per week, now I get it to go. And I cancelled my gym membership, but I have a green way just a 3 minute walk from my front door.

Well, that sounds better too. Keep doing and going really matters at these times. You are on the right track and I'm happy for you. I said that because I know it all here, maybe you want to check it out too. https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789240003927?gclid=CjwKCAiAz4b_BRBbEiwA5XlVVuEDbG-U1aSA7pl7TdskTs6icr6c2uUAKmWSvEGNWngzzAq-rH__zRoCHRsQAvD_BwE

MagicMissy
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2020 :  07:37:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by MagicMissy

we have too many people in this country who insist that following health guidelines infringes on their “individual” rights

Yeah, you are right and I respect your opinion but we can not blame them for that is their perception, and I'm pretty sure they can stand with it.
the success of guidelines is dependent upon compliance to those guidelines. To claim an infringement on your rights is extremely selfish considering that you are not being asked to do anything other than to follow these precautions, same as everyone else, for the benefit of all.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

MagicMissy
Banned

Philippines
45 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2020 :  22:10:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MagicMissy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[/quote]the success of guidelines is dependent upon compliance to those guidelines. To claim an infringement on your rights is extremely selfish considering that you are not being asked to do anything other than to follow these precautions, same as everyone else, for the benefit of all.
[/quote]
Yeah, I completely understand your point of view.

MagicMissy
Go to Top of Page

farrowpledge
Banned

25 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2020 :  20:09:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send farrowpledge a Private Message  Reply with Quote

the success of guidelines is dependent upon compliance to those guidelines. To claim an infringement on your rights is extremely selfish considering that you are not being asked to do anything other than to follow these precautions, same as everyone else, for the benefit of all.

You're absolutely right about it.
Go to Top of Page

MagicMissy
Banned

Philippines
45 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2020 :  23:12:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MagicMissy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by farrowpledge

You're absolutely right about it.

How about you, farrowpledge? Have you experienced anxiety during these uncertain days?

MagicMissy
Go to Top of Page

farrowpledge
Banned

25 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2020 :  18:54:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send farrowpledge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about you, farrowpledge? Have you experienced anxiety during these uncertain days?

To be honest, Yes! but trying to manage not to overthink the current situation but I admit, it's inevitable. But I guess it's okay not to be okay sometimes?
Go to Top of Page

MagicMissy
Banned

Philippines
45 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2021 :  23:24:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MagicMissy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

To be honest, Yes! but trying to manage not to overthink the current situation but I admit, it's inevitable. But I guess it's okay not to be okay sometimes?

Time and rest are the cure for everything. You just need to know your pace. When you’re tired, get some rest. When you’re sad, go ahead and cry. It’s okay to take a break. Then one day, there will surely come a day when you’ll be able to run again.

MagicMissy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.