Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Astronomy
 For someone who claims to be a devout Christian...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  17:28:23  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Kacey certainly comes off as a nasty son of a bitch.

He has no debating skills, no knowledge of the topics of which he speaks, and seems unwilling to listen and learn from those that do. Apparently he is only here to jerk around those who are serious about their subjects. He has yet to contribute anything but nonsense to this board. If this is the way he acts in public, I wonder what the congregation and the minister of his church think of him? Not much, I suspect. Assuming that he really attends a church. Looking at his last attempts at posting, I begin to doubt it. I know a fair number of fundie Christians and and all of them treat me, a 'hell-bound' agnostic, with courtesy and respect. I'm thinking that he ain't no Christian, just maybe a wannabe.

Hey Xev: Give shit-for-brains a chance to answer this before you kill it.

Thanks, and congrats on your new position of supreme authority!

f

If I do not return to the pulpit this weekend, millions of people will go to hell.
-- Rev. Jimmy Swaggart, 20 May 1988

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  17:45:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
What does this have to do with Astronomy/UFOlogy?

And regarding Kacey, I think that it is liekly that he actually considers himself a Christian. I have never seen any troll that would exclusively stay on the same side of the same debate for years. There is little fun in that. Such actions can only be born out of belief and rarley out of immature bordeom.

Go to Top of Page

Xev
Skeptic Friend

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  17:52:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Xev an ICQ Message Send Xev a Private Message
quote:
What does this have to do with Astronomy/UFOlogy?

*Xev grins*

I think it's here so that I can't close it.

Don't worry guys, I just deleted one thread and warned Kayce on another. The troll flipped and started two topics to annoy me. I closed them.

Thread closing is a measure of last resort. I'm hardly Uber-Moderator. I'm leaving plenty of Kayce's garbage open for you to play with.

Now give me your lunch money or I will close your threads!

----------
!Go Wings!

- Cthulhu Saves! -
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  17:54:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I hear ya, Lars.

And, I'm quite a bit out of line, here. But he's finally managed to really piss me off and I'd like a piece of him. There is no excuse for the behavior KC's shown, nor mine, either with this last post. But, now that I'm down in the slops with him, I'll wait to see if he'll come after me.

Apologies.

f

If I do not return to the pulpit this weekend, millions of people will go to hell.

Go to Top of Page

Great Cthulhu

3 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  18:00:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Great Cthulhu a Private Message
Have at him/her/it. Xev left a topic open for that purpose.

(Oh yeah, I am Xev's mythical alien squid-god.)

Eater of trolls, magician, alien squid god.

Edited by - Great Cthulhu on 05/26/2002 18:01:37

Edited by - Great Cthulhu on 05/26/2002 18:07:51
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  18:03:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Kacey really has finally crossed the line and we don't have the space here for topics that are nothing but flamebait.

@tomic

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  18:16:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Again, apologies. I do not like this. I feel bad about it, but whaddahell, I felt bad about Viet Nam as well. Ended up going, anyway.

I do not like the idea of banning someone from a forum. I've always figgered that trolls and other idiots can be handled by the membership. But in this case, I might change my mind. The guy has shown himself to be utterly vile. Nothing to contribute, nothing to intrest.

Edited to give G C a welcome and to assure him that this is not S.O.P. here. Mostly, the discusions are of a far higher quality.

Again, I apologize to all who do contribute.

f

Edited by - filthy on 05/26/2002 18:21:53
Go to Top of Page

Xev
Skeptic Friend

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  18:31:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Xev an ICQ Message Send Xev a Private Message
Guys, I can take Kayce! I've seen worse.

Sheesh, even Kayce's insults are nothing. I've heard much worse.

Kayce needs a sound thrashing to teach it a lesson.

----------
!Go Wings!

- Cthulhu Saves! -
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  18:38:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Xev, I know ya can. You're our killer kitten!

Let's tag-team him!

f

Go to Top of Page

Xev
Skeptic Friend

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  19:03:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Xev an ICQ Message Send Xev a Private Message
Filthy: Yes, let's. The Great Cthulhu is making mincemeat of him/her/it as we speak. Thanks for lending a hand.

We'll see the end of this troll by the time the week is through.

----------
!Go Wings!

- Cthulhu Saves! -
Go to Top of Page

Espritch
Skeptic Friend

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  19:39:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Espritch's Homepage Send Espritch a Private Message
Somehow I just knew it was gonna be trouble when they let Xev be a moderator. Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Go to Top of Page

Badger
Skeptic Friend

Canada
257 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  19:43:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Badger a Private Message
Xev, I have no lunch money. Will my good looks and charm be payment enough?

By the way, even though "Cthulhu Saves!", I recall Gretzky would usually get the rebound, shoot and score. (Oilers fan from waaaaay back) Ya, I know they're golfing now, but they sure weren't in the 80's!

If you think it's work, you're doing it wrong.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  19:44:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Nawww, we had trouble brewing right as Xev became a moderator. I was figuring today was going to be messy in regards to Kasey. It put me in a pretty bad mood last night and I could just tell we were close to the end of the line.

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!
Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  22:15:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
Whew, been on Paltalk all night. I don't mind you starting this thread here at all. In this forum, I had a delete button too. You might have noticed we have a few more forum members in recent days. I invited the JREFers over just to take a look at this nutball. They were appalled, and believe me, we get some serious trolls over there.
Sure, bring the little asshole over here *cracks knuckles*.
Lisa

We have enough youth. We need a fountain of smart.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2002 :  00:02:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

Kacey certainly comes off as a nasty son of a bitch.

He has no debating skills,

Ok, true, I haven't been following all of what being said here, 'cause it makes no sense but I did read that other folder where everyone was yelling at this guy Kacey and for some reason we could no longer post there. So I'll say it here. Perhaps Kacey doesn't have debating skills, I don't see many people who really do. But he's trying to say something, even with the strange spelling and all. And it seems to me everyone is calling him names, etc. instead of being polite.
IMO, skeptics, so called freethinkers, and all that crowd are just as much at fault in critisizing and belittling those that don't agree with them like the 'far right' does.
Like I said I am not following all the banter here but it looks like you are all ganging up on Kacey and not wanting to let him talk. As if you only want someone to yell at. If he's really wrong, in your opinion, then let him talk on, why answer and waste your time.

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease
to be amused.
Go to Top of Page

Xev
Skeptic Friend

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2002 :  01:31:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Xev an ICQ Message Send Xev a Private Message
Lisa, what's PALtalk?

Snake, I closed one thread - one thread because it was wasting bandwidth.

After giving Kayce a chance to clean up his act and stop trolling.

Kayce exhibits most despicable gloating over Steve Gould's death, he contributes nothing of substance, he spams the board with insipid garbage....

He's a troll.

I'm sorry, I don't see what I did wrong. The other two served no earthly purpose but to insult me.

Badger: Your presence is payment enough.

The rest of you still owe me! I want a '92 Alfa Romeo Spider by thursday or I'm closing all your topics!

----------
!Go Wings!

- Cthulhu Saves! -

Edited by - Xev on 05/27/2002 01:34:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.