Astronomy
 Bad Astronomer on Art Bell tonight!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Bad Astronomer
Skeptic Friend

137 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  15:19:20  Show Profile  Visit The Bad Astronomer's Homepage Send The Bad Astronomer a Private Message
Sorry for the late notice, but I'll be on "A.M. Coast to Coast" tonight at 11:00 p.m. Pacific time. Check out my homepage for more info and links: http://www.badastronomy.com.

The Bad Astronomer
http://www.badastronomy.com
"With tremendous respect to [the] BA, the problem isn't getting scientists to talk, the problem can be getting them to shut up."

Megan
Skeptic Friend

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  20:08:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Megan a Private Message
BA that's great!!! Sorry I missed it though...Lisa has a tendency of not telling me when you are gonna be on T.V. Either that or I'm never home.

~Megan~

Questions: never leave home without them.
Go to Top of Page

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  20:56:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
He wasn't on TV, he was on the radio, late at night. And I missed it, too.

Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...

*whine*
Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2002 :  23:17:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
quote:

BA that's great!!! Sorry I missed it though...Lisa has a tendency of not telling me when you are gonna be on T.V. Either that or I'm never home.

~Megan~

Megan I usually run into the BA over at Paltalk, and I'm not taking you there. Its in the "adult room" section, and things have a tendency to get a little rough and tumble, if you know what I mean.
And I find out when he's gonna be on Tech TV through his own website.
So Phil, how did things go on the show? Did you clean the floor with those bozos?
Lisa

We have enough youth. We need a fountain of smart.
Go to Top of Page

The Bad Astronomer
Skeptic Friend

137 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2002 :  13:23:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Bad Astronomer's Homepage Send The Bad Astronomer a Private Message
quote:

And I find out when he's gonna be on Tech TV through his own website.

Speaking of which, I'll be on TechTV again July 24, tentatively.

quote:

So Phil, how did things go on the show? Did you clean the floor with those bozos?

I think it went well. The phone calls were from people genuinely curious about stuff, and I don't think we got a single call from a True Believer. Noory (the host) said he wants me to come back. Given that my book rocketed up the rankings at Amazon for three days, I tend to think I'll agree. ;-)

I got a lot of supportive email as well. Three were negative, but they were from a creationist, a UFO believer, and an anti-Big-Banger. So all in all, a success!

I may try to call in on Friday, since Bell will have a free-for-all call in about Planet X. I have some choice thoughts about that.

The Bad Astronomer
http://www.badastronomy.com
"With tremendous respect to [the] BA, the problem isn't getting scientists to talk, the problem can be getting them to shut up."
Go to Top of Page

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2002 :  19:56:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
quote:
Three were negative, but they were from a creationist, a UFO believer, and an anti-Big-Banger.

Ah, junk mail.

Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...

*whine*
Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2002 :  19:58:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
What is all this Planet X bs anyway? I've heard its coming from the "direction" of Orion. And its gonna be here in 2003. The amount of time Megan and I have spent looking at the nebula and various stars of that constellation, unless this thing is only the size of a buick, wouldn't we have noticed something odd by now?
The whole thing sounds like a scam to sell books and videos. Remember the non-events of Y2K and the planetary alignment of 5/5?
Lisa

We have enough youth. We need a fountain of smart.
Go to Top of Page

Megan
Skeptic Friend

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2002 :  20:43:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Megan a Private Message
God some people!!

~Megan~

Go to Top of Page

Tokyodreamer
SFN Regular

USA
1447 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2002 :  06:52:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tokyodreamer a Private Message
I thought Planet X was supposed to be a 10th planet, and the cause of Pluto's odd orbit?

------------

fortiter in re, suaviter in modo
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2002 :  07:11:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
I thought Planet X was supposed to be a 10th planet, and the cause of Pluto's odd orbit?

http://www.astro.amu.edu.pl/Popular/Tnp/nineplanets/hypo.html#planetx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.