Oooooooooooooooh boy...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  20:03:08  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message
We've seen 'em before, those rants that are so stupid that nothing, and I do mean <i>nothing</i> you could say could possibly do them justice.

This little gem, for example:

http://www.texemarrs.com/world_cup_conspiracy_partii.htm

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  20:18:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
Thanks, Rat.

I feel dumber just for having read that.

Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.
-D. Hume
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  00:54:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I didn't see the usual whine for a donation, but I did notice that he had an order form.

I didn't go through the whole site - I'm dumb enough now - so I don't know what he was peddling. Aside from Armaggeon, o' course.

He tries, but lacks originality. I'll score him only a 6.8.

f

Evolution is a bankrupt speculative philosophy, not a scientific fact. Only a spiritually bankrupt society could ever believe it.... Only atheists could accept this Satanic theory.
-- Rev. Jimmy Swaggart (source unknown)

Go to Top of Page

Piltdown
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  02:47:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Piltdown an AOL message  Send Piltdown a Yahoo! Message Send Piltdown a Private Message
This is spooky. Next Tuesday, I will be doing my now-regular segment on a local radio call-in show. This time the subject will be JFK conspiracy theories. With any luck, this self-same Texxe Marrs is one of the folks we will be interviewing by phone. It won't be webcast, but I will try to get a transcript of the relevant parts.

Authority has every reason to fear the skeptic, for authority can rarely survive in the face of doubt.
-Robert Lindner
Go to Top of Page

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  03:20:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
I am dissapointed. There I was seeing keywords like 'World Cup' and conspiracy in an article and I was already beginning to think that he was on to something and then he goes totally of on a tangent leaving reality far behind.

If you want to know about the real conspiracy involving the Korea-Japan World-cup just read any recent Italian Newspaper. There is an entire nation out there that thinks it is being conspired against by the referees, FIFA, Korea and whoever else they can think of. Baaaaad Loosers, I tell you.

His thoughts about the purpose of the stadiums have some merrit. Afterall only a handful of them look like they will be used or make a profit after the Cup. Explaining the whole thing as giant mind-control antennas is only slightly more stupid then the official explanation in terms of prestige, honor and irrational hope.

Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  06:37:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
quote:

I didn't see the usual whine for a donation, but I did notice that he had an order form.

Oh it was there off of the home page.

http://www.texemarrs.com/needed.htm

I always love how they use terms such as "love gifts" LOL.

This guy is wayyyyy out there.
http://www.texemarrs.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=catalog&Product_Code=Pink_Swastika&Category_Code=Books+By+Other+Authors
Now linking homosexuals with Nazis that's original.

http://www.texemarrs.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=catalog&Product_Code=bgfriends&Category_Code=Books+By+Other+Authors
And here Billy Grahm is the agent of Satan.

Here is the even more scary part from his bio.
quote:

Texe Marrs was assistant professor of aerospace studies, teaching American Defense Policy, strategic weapons systems, and related subjects at the University of Texas at Austin from 1977 to 1982. He has also taught international affairs, political science, and psychology for two other universities. A graduate Summa Cum Laude from Park College, Kansas City, Missouri, he earned his Master's degree at North Carolina State University.

As a career USAF officer (now retired), he commanded communications- electronics and engineering units. He holds a number of military decorations, including the Vietnam Service Medal, and served in Germany, Italy, and throughout Asia.

*Shuddddder*

Go to Top of Page

seb

France
40 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  11:36:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send seb an ICQ Message Send seb a Private Message
quote:

If you want to know about the real conspiracy involving the Korea-Japan World-cup just read any recent Italian Newspaper. There is an entire nation out there that thinks it is being conspired against by the referees, FIFA, Korea and whoever else they can think of. Baaaaad Loosers, I tell you.

I do not think that italians in general are bad loser but complaigning and arguing is just their way.
What I cannot understand is that the korean player who was playing in Italie and scored the golden goal has been fired. He was just showing he was able to score .

Seb
Go to Top of Page

Zandermann
Skeptic Friend

USA
431 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  16:39:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Zandermann an AOL message Send Zandermann a Private Message
absolutely priceless, Rat

This one is a keeper!
Go to Top of Page

Piltdown
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  17:28:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Piltdown an AOL message  Send Piltdown a Yahoo! Message Send Piltdown a Private Message
Texe Marrs didn't make it, but our JFK show came off as planned otherwise. I referred to an especially good website that thoroughly debunks a couple of staples of the JFK conspiracy industry, the "magic bullet" and the "pristine bullet". http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/sbt.htm This is part of a larger site that deals with the JFK assassination. It is quite remarkable that such a widespread belief is based on nothing but simple misrepresentation of what the Warren Commission Report actually says. There are many other examples as well. This is the Warren Commission summary online:
http://www.jfk-assassination.de/WCR/wcr3.html

Authority has every reason to fear the skeptic, for authority can rarely survive in the face of doubt.
-Robert Lindner
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.