New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  07:42:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Ahhhhh, but where is this Springfield?

I admit that there might be some confusion about the location of the city of Springfield since there are several towns named that, but the name of the state they are in gets mentioned several times during the series (You have to listen closly as there always is some background noise).

Homer lives in Springfield, NT.

Ok where in the world is Springfield, NT?

Go to Top of Page

Slater
SFN Regular

USA
1668 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  08:51:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Slater a Private Message
Network Television

-------
My business is to teach my aspirations to conform themselves to fact, not to try and make facts harmonize with my aspirations. ---Thomas Henry Huxley, 1860
Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  09:43:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
quote:

Network Television

-------
My business is to teach my aspirations to conform themselves to fact, not to try and make facts harmonize with my aspirations. ---Thomas Henry Huxley, 1860

Ahh now I see

Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  20:21:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

I can see Springfield on my TV at least once a day. That means it must exist. Especially now, since I have the first and second seasons of The Simpsons on DVD, I can reaffirm the validity of my belief any time I want.

-me.

We went to Best Buys last Sunday, they were supposed to have a special if you buy them both together but of course in the ad small print they didn't say that the second season wasn't avalible until Aug. 7 (I think that's what it said IN THE STORE).
I bought the Xmas speical DVD in Costco or was it Target a few months ago and we didn't even have a DVD player.

----------------
*Carabao forever

*SAN FERNANDO VALLEY SECESSION - YES

*All lives are movie settings, it's what channel you're on that counts. Zatikia

*Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.
Homer Jaye S.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  20:25:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Ahhhhh, but where is this Springfield?

I admit that there might be some confusion about the location of the city of Springfield since there are several towns named that, but the name of the state they are in gets mentioned several times during the series (You have to listen closly as there always is some background noise).

Homer lives in Springfield, NT.

I think you have to have speical FBI or CIA listening divices to weed out the background noise.
They don't ever tell really.
I like the one where Marge gives her street address over the phone and starts to say OHI........Oh hi, to someone who walks in the front door. Heh he.

----------------
*Carabao forever

Homer Jaye S.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  20:27:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

Hey these forum headers should be clearer. I thought this was about Homer Simpson.

More clear? How much more clear can it be.
We are talking about him! Aren't we?

----------------
*Carabao forever

Homer Jaye S.
Go to Top of Page

JRB

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2002 :  10:30:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JRB a Private Message
quote:
I like the one where Marge gives her street address over the phone and starts to say OHI........Oh hi, to someone who walks in the front door. Heh he.

In the 2nd season dvd set is the episode where Burns is running for governor, and they show the state flag on TV - of course it has no state name on it, but it does say (motto?) "Not Just Another State".

"Dear God. We paid for all this stuff ourselves, so thanks for nothing."
~Bart Simpson saying grace
Go to Top of Page

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2002 :  12:05:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
Somebody with to much time on his hands made a list with all the references and hints about Sprinfields location.

http://www.snpp.com/guides/springfield.list.html

It is a very big list, and it turns out that you can make a good argument for and against every possible location in the US based on 'scripture'. Wich makes it pretty hard to disprove its exsience.

Go to Top of Page

opus
Skeptic Friend

Canada
50 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2002 :  20:21:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send opus a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Hey these forum headers should be clearer. I thought this was about Homer Simpson.

More clear? How much more clear can it be.
We are talking about him! Aren't we?

Homer can write? That is what threw me. !!!

Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2002 :  23:44:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

Somebody with to much time on his hands made a list with all the references and hints about Sprinfields location.

http://www.snpp.com/guides/springfield.list.html

It is a very big list, and it turns out that you can make a good argument for and against every possible location in the US based on 'scripture'. Wich makes it pretty hard to disprove its exsience.

Have you checked out ALL the sites for The Simpsons? They are great. I even have the wall paper on my computer from one of them.
Simpsons Rule!
There was at one time also a Simpsons trivia chat room on AOL. Don't know if it's still there. And guess what, I have the tins of the Simpsons actual trivia game. Wish I had someone to play with. I looked at some of the questions, they are difficult.

----------------
*Carabao forever

Homer Jaye S.
Go to Top of Page

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  19:40:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
quote:

Have you checked out ALL the sites for The Simpsons?

ALL the sites?

That could be a bit tricky. From a quick search with Google, we can estimate there to be about 10.000 to 50.000 Simpsons 'fan-sites' out there. There also are a large number of fora, chatrooms and newsgroups devoted to the simpson all over the net. I would guess that there is more stuff being daily posted in Simpsons related Usenet newsgroups alone, then one person can read in 24hours.

Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  20:08:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Have you checked out ALL the sites for The Simpsons?

ALL the sites?

That could be a bit tricky. From a quick search with Google, we can estimate there to be about 10.000 to 50.000 Simpsons 'fan-sites' out there. There also are a large number of fora, chatrooms and newsgroups devoted to the simpson all over the net. I would guess that there is more stuff being daily posted in Simpsons related Usenet newsgroups alone, then one person can read in 24hours.

OH!
It's been a long time since I did a search on them. Didn't know there were that many now.
Ironic that something so popular is in a way anti-religious. (at least the creator is, at least I'd like to think he is since he's nothing less then an agnostic) Guess many people either don't care or don't know.

----------------
*Carabao forever

Homer Jaye S.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.