Dr. Kent Hovind has been arrested!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  17:31:01  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
This was originally posted over at JREF

quote:
http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/news/081702/Record/Index.shtml

Checkout the names under "felony arrests".

Here is a unverified copy of the arrest report

ON 8-15-2002 AT APPROX 1400 HRS IN ESCAMBIA COUNTY FL, THE ABOVE DEFENDANT, DR KENT E HOVIND DID WILLFULLY AND INTENTIONALLY COMMIT THE OFFENSE OF BURGLARY, BATTERY AND-ASSAULT. ON THIS DATE DR HOVIND CAME TO THE RESIDENCE OF HIS TENANT AT 100 CUMMINGS ST WHERE HE MADE CONTACT WITH TRUDY OWEN AT THE FRONT DOOR AND ATTEMPTED TO PROVIDE HER WITH MONEY IN ORDER FOR HER TO RELOCATE RESIDENCY. TRUDY OWEN SAID SHE REFUSED TO ACCEPT THE MONEY ASKING DR HOVIND TO LEAVE AS SHE SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. DR HOVIND THEN FORCED THE FRONT DOOR OPEN, KNOCKING MS OWEN BACKWARDS AND ENTERED INTO THE STRUCTURE AND BEGAN YELLING LOUDLY AND ACTING IN A HOSTILE AND AGGRESSIVE MANNER, PUTTING V/OWEN IN FEAR FOR HER SAFETY.

VICTIM CHRISTOPHER KENUI, ALSO RESIDING AT THIS RESIDENCE, ATTEMPTED TO INTERVENE WITH THIS ALTERCATION, WHERE DR HOVIND THEN BECAME PHYSICALLY AGGRESSIVE TOWARD KENUI, WHERE CHRISTOPHER THEN PHYSICALLY WRESTLED HIM OUT OF HIS RESIDENCE AND ONTO THE FRONT PORCH THEN SLAMMING THE DOOR AND LOCKING IT AND CALLING THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE TO REPORT THIS INCIDENT.

UPON MY ARRIVAL, I INTERVIEWED V/TRUDY OWEN, V/CHRISTOPHER KENUI AND WA/ROENALINE KENUI, WHO ALL CONCURRED WITH THE SAME STATEMENT OF THE EVENT THAT PREVIOUSLY OCCURRED. I THEN INTERVIEWED DR KENT HOVIND IN REFERENCE TO THIS INCIDENT WHERE HE DID ADMIT TO FORCING HIS WAY INTO THE HOUSE STATING THAT THE RESIDENCE BELONGED TO HIM AND HE WAS MERELY RENTING THIS HOME TO TENANT OWEN AND FAMILY. DR HOVIND FURTHER STATED THAT HE WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT HE COULD ENTER THIS RESIDENCE ANY TIME HE WANTED THEREFORE. HE DID NOT FEEL THAT HE COMMITTED A CRIME. DR HOVIND FURTHER STATED THAT HE DID NOT ASSAULT MS OWEN AT THIS LOCATION AND THAT CHRISTOPHER KENUI DID IN FACT HAVE TO PHYSICALLY REMOVE HIM AFTER HIS REFUSAL TO LEAVE VERBALLY.

AT THAT TIME, DR KENT HOVIND WAS PLACED UNDER ARREST, TRANSPORTED TO THE ESCAMBIA COUNTY JAIL AND CHARGED WITH BURGLARY, BATTERY AND ASSAULT. BOND PLACED AT $1,000 AND RETURNABLE SET FOR 9-05-2002.

UPON MY DEPARTURE AT THIS LOCATION A SECONDARY WITNESS. PAUL JEWELL ARRIVED AND STATED TO ME THAT HE WAS DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD DURING THE TIME OF THIS INCIDENT AND MERELY SAW DR HOVIND STANDING ON THE FRONT PORCH AT 100 CUMMINGS ST. HE FURTHER STATED HE DID NOT OBSERVE ANY ALTERCATION.

WITNESS STATEMENT FORMS WERE DOCUMENTED BY THE VICTIMS AND WITNESSES IN THIS INCIDENT TO BE TURNED IN WITH REPORT. BURK, DAVID KARL 312 ID

On the outside I may be typing this, eating my dinner and watching wrestling, but on the inside I'm dancing an Irish jig.

Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...Two more years...

*whine*

Edited by - James on 09/05/2002 17:32:09

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  19:32:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
Well, since I'm in Pensacola and I have family in the legal profession, I would be remiss if I didn't see what else I could dig up about this. Stay tuned.

Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.
-D. Hume
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  01:22:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
Here's some more information from:
http://www.antievolution.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d790a5bd75cffff act=ST f=3 t=2

quote:
You may access the whole Hovind "rap sheet" at http://205.152.130.8/cv_web_1.asp?ulname=Hovind&ufname=Kent&ucasetype2=&ucase=&ucit=&ufromdate=&utodate=&ucasetype= br /

Watch the "wrap"

Also, in reading the messages from Internet Infidels - I note that Paul Jewell, the "witness" that said Hovind was just standing there - is married to "Marlissa", Hovind's scheduling secretary. Marlissa is also Hovind's daughter, making Jewell a son-in-law.

Also, from: http://iidb.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=58&t=001360&p=2, there is this:
quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Must have been driving pretty slowly to see more than 30 seconds (and presumable the first 30 seconds) at absolute max.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, and WHAT a lucky coincidence he just happened to be driving down that road right then.

So if Hovind is renting a house to tenants, what's all this stuff about him not owning any property and hence not having to pay property tax? Wonder if he's up to date with the property tax on his rental.

Go to Top of Page

welshdean
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  09:04:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send welshdean a Private Message
Ooooooooooooooooh, isn't life so sweet at times. I must say tho, it doesn't strike me as very Xtian to act in this manner.
SHAME ON YOU KENT!!!
Mmmmmmm I wonder what the great landlord in the sky might be thinking about his No 1 son...
Come on, quick, show mee more!!!!!!!

I believe in nothing; only my scepticism kept me from being an atheist.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds.