New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  15:00:13  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
My kid is doing a research paper on the Galapagos Tortoise and needs to find a growth chart for them. Anyone have any ideas where she can look - we've gotten frustrated at this point.

Thanks for the help.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943

Slater
SFN Regular

USA
1668 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2002 :  11:37:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Slater a Private Message
Errr..what are you looking for Size/age, size/sex or size/island?

-------
I learned something ... I learned that Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them.
-Bruce Clark
There's No Toilet Paper...on the Road Less Traveled
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  21:42:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
looking for Size vs. age (x vs. y)

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  04:55:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Size vs. age is a tough, as growing rates might reflect good and bad seasone as well as differences from island to island.

Lemme look. I might can find something.

f

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  05:20:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Ok, there isn't much. The first link is a very interesting paper on the Galapagos Tortoises; the second concerns the nearly as large Aldabra Tortoise. That one has a growth chart of sorts.

http://members.tripod.com/~dcarson/galapagos_tortoises.html

http://www.tortoise.org/archives/yniphora.html

Hope this helps a little.

f

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.