Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  03:55:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
J'ai gros couer.

quote:
I love you all like a Christian should

Oh, cher bebe! Just like 'got something for you'. They're the same. As the old folks down here say, "Ein vaut l'autre et les deux vaute rien."

They leave, knowing full well that our eternal souls are bound for Lucifer's firey pit. What kind of love is that? Is this what they call Christian love? A truly moral person would not - no, could not - make the conscious decision to let other children of God suffer in such a way!

Perhaps, JesusFreak's personal problems are that much more important than our eternal souls.

Mais,True believers! C'est pas la peine...

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Edited by - Tim on 11/17/2002 03:59:00
Go to Top of Page

Grendel

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  17:26:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Grendel's Homepage Send Grendel a Private Message
Successful evangelism -creating converts -validates the beliefs of the evangelist regardless of the veracity the belief. That's all beside the point. Unsuccessful evangelism forces the evangelist into the unthinkable -reconsidering his own beliefs. This must not be allowed. Flight becomes the only option.

If Heaven is full of the essence of people like JebusFreak, I believe I'd prefer Hell and her demons.

Any fool can believe -I want to know.
Go to Top of Page

Slater
SFN Regular

USA
1668 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  18:47:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Slater a Private Message
Is this evangelism-successful or not?
It would appear in all the many times a Xian has posted a handfull of notes and skipped, that the purpose was to take a pot shot or two.
They never make a case for themselves. They always work in the bible quote about nonbelievers being fools. They use their religion as a club to hit us with while telling us they have christian love.

-------
I learned something ... I learned that Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them.
-Bruce Clark
There's No Toilet Paper...on the Road Less Traveled
Go to Top of Page

Legallee Insane
Skeptic Friend

Canada
126 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2002 :  01:57:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Legallee Insane a Private Message
I cannot believe that some people would take things to heart so blindly as Jebusfreak. I've been told through religion about the things I should believe in, but I pride myself on having the intelligence to question my beliefs and come up with new ones based on better information and actual fact. The answer to every question is not "God did it" and the only devil in the world is a person's own conscience.

--"Only the fool says in his heart: There is no god -- The wise says it to the world"
--"I darn you to HECK!" - Catbert
--"Don't worry, we're not laughing at you, we're laughing near you."
Go to Top of Page

Hobbes

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  11:11:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hobbes a Private Message
hey guys, got a question. Does anyone know of a Creationist Bulletin Board? I'd like to read some of the nonsense these people tell each other...

And Newton said, "y'= lim h->0 of [f(x+h)-f(x)]/[(x+h)-x], thus, Calculus was born, and Newton saw that it was good.
Go to Top of Page

Avenel
Skeptic Friend

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  11:27:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Avenel a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes

hey guys, got a question. Does anyone know of a Creationist Bulletin Board? I'd like to read some of the nonsense these people tell each other...

The Talk.Origins Archive has a list of discussion boards at
http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/other-links.html#discussion.

"How many angels can swim on the head of a beer?" - Roger Ramjet
Go to Top of Page

Kaneda Kuonji
Skeptic Friend

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  12:27:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kaneda Kuonji a Private Message
I hope he does return. He seems like the type of person who needs a little logic in his life.

Rodney Dean, CI Order of the Knights of Jubal
Ivbalis.org

Go to Top of Page

Xev
Skeptic Friend

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2002 :  00:15:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Xev an ICQ Message Send Xev a Private Message
quote:
Don't take this a any type of defeat... it's not. I've been having feelings that Satan has been trying to get to me through what you people are saying.

Yup. It's in our job description as "Agents of Satan".

quote:
I'm not one to call names, but you people are unquestionably stupid in the sence that you are so ignorant to the facts.

I love the way you call us stupid and misspell "sence".

quote:
Satan has already gottn to and I won't let him get near me.

That makes less sense grammatically than it does logically.

quote:
I hope that at least one of you find the way in your life. Otherwise you will find that you were sadly mistaken throughout your whole life.

I actually want to go to Hell. I'll get drunk and talk with Friedrich Nietzsche and the Marquis de Sade and my dear athiest friends.

quote:
I love you all like a Christian should,

Does that mean you'll give our male members throat for five dollars?

Nothing will keep us apart
we could kill them all
if our desire tore free
Our union is one, sweet, sinful Eve
--CoF, "Dark Goddess Rises II"
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2002 :  06:14:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
quote:

Oh yeah. http://www.rr-bb.com/forumdisplay.php?s=f6943b3531962061251373f995a5e789&forumid=18
Try looking under the "Noah's Ark" thread. There you'll find gem such as:

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?s=f6943b3531962061251373f995a5e789&threadid=56981&perpage=25&pagenumber=7
for the specific post on the page, try this (you have to be registered first!)
http://www.rr-bb.com/postings.php?s=f6943b3531962061251373f995a5e789&action=getip&postid=593192
quote:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Noah's Ark (cont)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BelieverQ
if you'd actually studied science as you've claimed

Getting really tired of your personal attacks. Grow up.

anyone who claims to know otherwise is a fool.

Psalm 14:1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds
Proverbs 10:18 he who spreads slander is a fool.
Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes
Proverbs 15:5 A fool rejects his father's discipline (father = God)
Proverbs 17:24 the eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding, But only in revealing his own mind.
Proverbs 28:26 He who trusts in his own heart is a fool
Matthew 7:26 "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

what do you think man is? we're primates by any definition of the term

Wrong. YOU may be related to an ape, but I am not. I am a human, specially created by God with a soul, created for His purpose with life breathed into me by Him. If you want to think of yourself as a pathetic ape, go ahead. And when your children act like animals, do not disciplin them because it is what YOU told them they are. They only are following YOUR instructions.

right down to our very dna (which is almost identical to apes)!

and 50% identical to bananas. So we are also then decendants of bananas.

in short, we have all the very elements evolutionary science predicts we should find if humans evolved from an ape-like ancestor.

in short, we have all the elements creation would predict coming from a common creator.

your logic is faulty

No, its not. You rely on fantasy to fill in the gaps. I say that's illogical.

first, scientists have thrown out the whole horse evolution thing decades ago? well, that's news to...oh, i don't know...the ENTIRE paleontological community?

No, only to you. And to your links? Yeah, look at science text books today and you will see pleanty of examples of "science" that has been thrown out by science. Come on, show me all the links to Haeckel's embryos now.

for how the eye might have evolved, that's an easy one

Entire books have been written on this subject (even by non Christians) on how this isn't possible. All you have is fairy tales.

even if i had reason to believe god were real, what on earth makes you think i would bow to him?

Because eventually, you will. Of that I have zero doubt.

all effects have a cause, and that cause has a mechanism to generate the effect. it doesn't matter if it's a machine, a natural force, or a god. instead of admitting you have no idea how god creates things, you insist that there is no mechanism--he just wills it and presto: magic. sorry, but since nothing else in the universe works that way, you're going to have to give at least SOME evidence to support your theory if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Sorry, just because you deny the truth, doesn't mean I have to make up a lie to satisfy you. The truth remains.

in other words, you still can't refute why occam's razor is so important. nor can you defend an omnipotent being being the simplest explanation for the universe.

In otherwords, I already have and you're too blind to see.

for all you know, satan directed the men who wrote the bible. how would they have known the difference?

That shows how little you know of the Holy Spirit.

you're assuming everyone had the same level of education. this is not the case. darwin and lyell were accomplished as a naturalist and and a geologist despite not having acquired degrees in those fields. your scientist, however, was not accomplished in either (regardless of his degree). THAT was my point.

So says you. just a double standard you're too frightened to admit.

when it comes to matters of science, i don't suppose it's a news flash that i'm quite a bit more educated and knowledgeable in it than you.

More personal attacks. Grow up.

Just so you know. I'm washing my feet of you. I doubt I will engage you much in science anymore. All you can do is attack me and any one, including accredited scientists, who disagree with you. You rehash the same lies over and over. All those here with any sense have long abandoned this with you as I should have.

Expect 80-90% of any replies from me to be Biblical rebukes and rebukes from scripture. Everything else is, and has been for quite some time, pointless.

Bless...ArtS

Also, there's http://www.christianboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=156

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.