New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  12:34:54  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
For those of you who have been wondering where I've been teh past few months, I had a breast cancer scare. It's not, or most likely isn't that. Now, we figure out just what is wrong.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  12:37:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Welcome back and hope you're all fixed up quickly.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  12:52:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Hey Trish! It's good to see you back! I hope whatever the problem is can be determined soon and that it's minor.

@tomc

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  13:12:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
Would be nice, but I'm working my way through the VA hospital system. Not an easy task, especially when every appointment for this has to go out to the Anshutz Center because VA doesn't handle this and well VA hasn't resigned the contract with Anshutz for women's health concerns.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
Go to Top of Page

NubiWan
Skeptic Friend

USA
424 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  14:38:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send NubiWan a Private Message

Good to see yer back, Trish, and hope whatever is the 'problem,' won't be around for long...

Go to Top of Page

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  18:10:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
Very scary. My mother went through it a couple years ago. She has an identical twin who was diagnosed with breast cancer and her twin had a double mastectomy. My mother had a preventive double mast because of the genetic links that have been popping up.

As with everyone else, glad you are back and hope you are healthy.

I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery.
-Agent Smith
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  18:48:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
Phew! I missed a couple days, too, but not for a reason even remotely similar. Finally noticed this thread, and am happy to see you back!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  19:19:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Damn, babe! I am all too familiar with the VA. When it's good, it's excellent. When it's bad, you sit there bleeding, hoping someone will tie a rag over it soon.

From the heart, I'm wishing you all the best.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  12:16:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
Thanks Nubi, PhD, Boron, and filthy.

Yeah, VA does a great job most of the time. It's just getting the specialty appointments that are a pain. Plus, Denver VA is one of the busiest VA Hospitals. Over 18 months out to get an ortho appointment for my knees, actually with an orthopedist and not an intern or PA.

Sorry to hear about your mom and her sister PhD. Don't know if I'd want to do a radical mast for a genetic possibility, tough decision, she must be a strong woman.

Go to Top of Page

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  14:55:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
Mom's fine, thanks. She has no uterus either, so all those uniquely womanish structures don't give her any problems anymore.

I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery.
-Agent Smith
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2003 :  19:12:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
Trish, it's been a while hasn't it? I'm glad you're back here posting. Hope you're feeling fine.
Randy

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.