Chat Sessions
 any body
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bunms2003@yahoo.com

Nigeria
2 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2003 :  04:34:50  Show Profile  Visit bunms2003@yahoo.com's Homepage  Send bunms2003@yahoo.com an AOL message  Send bunms2003@yahoo.com a Yahoo! Message Send bunms2003@yahoo.com a Private Message
how do i chat

jbo

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2003 :  11:03:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Bunms: how do i chat

First of all, let me welcome you to SFN.

We have a scheduled chat every Wednesday night at 7:00 pacific time. You get in by clicking the skeptic chat icon on the interactive menu.

We know the obvious problem of attending that chat exists for people who are in other time zones. If anyone wants to initiate chats at times that might work better, let us know.

There is no reason why that one scheduled chat cannot be expanded to several weekly chats.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2003 :  13:50:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message
Should also mention that the chat software is a Java applet and requires a browser that works well with Java and Javascript.

IE 6 works well with it; Opera doesn't work at all for SFN chat.

Don't know about any of the other popular browsers. Anybody else know?

"The Republican agenda is to turn the United States into a third-world shithole." -P.Z.Myers
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2003 :  13:53:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ktesibios

Should also mention that the chat software is a Java applet and requires a browser that works well with Java and Javascript.

IE 6 works well with it; Opera doesn't work at all for SFN chat.

Don't know about any of the other popular browsers. Anybody else know?

Would love to help but I still don't know what a browser is.
I think @ or someone tried to explain it to me once but I never remember.
That aside, isn't it so, that anyone can go into that chat room at any time? One needn't wait for a speical time, just wait for others to show up.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2003 :  17:27:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Snake: That aside, isn't it so, that anyone can go into that chat room at any time? One needn't wait for a speical time, just wait for others to show up.

Yes, but who would know they were there? Better to have scheduled chats so people can make plans to be there....

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.