Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  20:00:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

Entry #3 Variations

Forget # C. #3 D is ok, sort of but looks like something's missing.
#3 A, a bit too busy, for me.
Now, #3 B looks great. Wonder if it's too long to put on a T shirt, but other than that I think it's an improvement.
Sorry to be too critical but when you are talking art I'm in my element.
Go to Top of Page

rickm
Skeptic Friend

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  10:47:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send rickm a Private Message
Snake

Art being your element, how come you did not submit an entry?

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
-- Woody Allen, Without Feathers, 1975
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  22:39:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
After reading nearly a month of commentary on this, and keeping mum until more entries came in, I still like the first one the best, with the caveat that I'd like to see alternatives for it (as might fit over a pocket on a t-shirt or on a bumpersticker, what-have-you).

The second one I didn't "get" until previous posters specifically made mention of the fish using a computer. I didn't know what those shapes off to the right were supposed to be. And yes, the fish thing has been overdone, and as I suggested in a previous thread, also lowers the level here quite a bit.

As has already been mentioned, the third one is a bit Star-Trekky. I'd like to see the artist's version in black-and-white (as well as the first logo in black-and-white).

Are there any suggested colors for the second one, or is that black-and-white only?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2003 :  20:35:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by rickm

Snake

Art being your element, how come you did not submit an entry?

Where do I start to explain?
The Queen is expecting me, got to run. No time to stop, got to run!
"It takes all the running one can do to stay in the same place."

BTW, I like your logo near your nick name. The skull.

I don't know anything about computers, wouldn't know how to size something or construct it in a computer program, at least not professionaly enough to confidently show it to the world....or even to anyone on this site! Then even be able to send it to @.

I know a lot about art in various media, enough to judge the qualities and elements of a work but ....hey, I don't want to have someone tell me anything about what I've done....unless it's a compliment.
(speaking of which, I made a sale the other night...so proud)

Anyway, if I happen to think of something and am able to put it 'on paper' and there's still time to submit it, maybe I will. Thanks for asking.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.