What's happened to the avatars?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  03:32:27  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Larry, where are they??????

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  16:18:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Funny, they work through my dial-up connection, but not my cable connection.....weird!!!!

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Paladin
Skeptic Friend

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  19:54:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Paladin a Private Message
My avatar hasn't worked since I joined. The pic I submitted is within the size and weight limits, but it still doesn't appear under my name.

How long does it normally take to get one approved?

Paladin
Go to Top of Page

Deborah
Skeptic Friend

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  23:08:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Deborah a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin

My avatar hasn't worked since I joined. The pic I submitted is within the size and weight limits, but it still doesn't appear under my name.

How long does it normally take to get one approved?

Paladin - Let me know if your avatar is showing yet.
Go to Top of Page

Paladin
Skeptic Friend

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  23:41:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Paladin a Private Message
Nope. Nothing yet.

I can submit it again, if you'd like.

Paladin
Go to Top of Page

Deborah
Skeptic Friend

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  22:53:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Deborah a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin

Nope. Nothing yet.

I can submit it again, if you'd like.

Yes, please re-submit
Go to Top of Page

Deborah
Skeptic Friend

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  05:57:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Deborah a Private Message
Paladin - for some reason it does not like your graphic. It's been approved. @tomic will have to tackle this one.
Go to Top of Page

Paladin
Skeptic Friend

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  09:04:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Paladin a Private Message
Thanks!

Paladin
Go to Top of Page

Paladin
Skeptic Friend

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  10:45:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Paladin a Private Message
I see my avatar finally shows, but it looks a bit dirty, and I'd like to clean it up. But I want to be sure it will sail through this time with no problems.

So could you please tell me what the problem with the original was? Was it too small? Not heavy enough?

Paladin
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  11:16:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
It was at a location with a URL so long that my image protection code ruined it. I will need to write some additonal code for linked avatars. To make it work I simply uploaded it to our server. To fix the way the image looks, make sure it is 64x64 pixels. If you want, I can do that. I just paste what you have over a transparent 64 x 64 GIF.

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Paladin
Skeptic Friend

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  10:44:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Paladin a Private Message
Thanks! I'll redo the image to 64x64.

Paladin
Edited by - Paladin on 11/08/2003 10:45:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.