Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  20:23:52  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Hey new logo, looks good......

Can we make the text maybe shimmer a little, maybe more graphical mthinks.

Gezza

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  20:32:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
We will experiment with it a bit but we will not be doing anything too jazzy for effects. That is always a dangerous and bandwidth intensive thing to do. A fast loading site is preferred over jazzy effects. But we will experiment for a few days and take feedback.

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  01:07:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

We will experiment with it a bit but we will not be doing anything too jazzy for effects. That is always a dangerous and bandwidth intensive thing to do. A fast loading site is preferred over jazzy effects. But we will experiment for a few days and take feedback.

@tomic

No Jazz.
Only on my phonograph.
It's already too slow, no time to read all the folders.
Flashy is good, sometimes....broadway shows, hats, capes and shoes but not on web sites that you want to read rather than look at.
Sorry GZ.
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  12:16:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
Maybe throw in a color fade on the words ....
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  12:38:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Part of me is wanting just B&W text. Too much color seems to distract from the globe.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  16:46:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
Nice layout, but I agree - looks a bit like a colorist ran amuck.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

riptor
Skeptic Friend

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  04:53:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit riptor's Homepage Send riptor a Private Message
Shiny, shiny colors. *big happy eyes and a smile*

Hail the Big bearded Jellyfish up in heaven above.
Go to Top of Page

rickm
Skeptic Friend

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  09:21:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send rickm a Private Message

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
-- Woody Allen, Without Feathers, 1975
Edited by - rickm on 11/08/2003 09:27:53
Go to Top of Page

Deborah
Skeptic Friend

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  10:46:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Deborah a Private Message
I like the new globe and tri-color SFN, but I do not like the tri-color of Skeptic Friend Network. I like what rickm did above, the top one.
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  11:21:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Howabout.....

Gezza

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

rickm
Skeptic Friend

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  11:43:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send rickm a Private Message
When I originally designed the logo, I did use drop shadow, however it was decided
that it would be better without it.

However I could change it a hundred times and it would still not meet everyone's
expectations of what it should look like. Eventually we have to decide which one
is feasable for the application, and go with it.

Personaly my favorite is the one being used right now. I think in all I designed 10 banners and
maybe four larger logos. The comments are mostly good regarding my designs, but keep in mind
there were not many entries posted, aside from mine and one other entry.

As a side note, I found no problem with the logo the site originally used.

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
Go to Top of Page

Deborah
Skeptic Friend

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  22:45:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Deborah a Private Message
The black with yellow shadow looks good, but now the globe looks weird with red, blue, and black lettering.
Go to Top of Page

rickm
Skeptic Friend

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  00:15:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send rickm a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Deborah

The black with yellow shadow looks good, but now the globe looks weird with red, blue, and black lettering.

The globe always had red, blue and black lettering.

Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  10:35:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
OK, you are correct Deborah. It's basically what I was thinking as I finished and went to bed but thanks for confirming. I will change it to regular black lettering today.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  15:50:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
The logo that is up now looks great.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  17:48:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
One thing, it is too far to the left. I looked at it with IE and Safari and I think it needs to be pushed a bit to the right....

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.