Predictions for 2004
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  19:46:57  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Here are some. One of my favorites:
quote:
There will be an epidemic of genetically engineered crops being inundated with genetically engineered crop circles.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

Zandermann
Skeptic Friend

USA
431 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  20:18:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Zandermann an AOL message Send Zandermann a Private Message
*chortle*

quote:
The stunt doubles for Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez will get married.

"If in the last few years you haven't discarded a major opinion or acquired a new one, check your pulse. You may be dead."
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  04:06:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Hehehe, excellent! I rather liked this one:

quote:
"A chorus of 1000 angels will appear over the Pentagon."

I wonder if they will sing, "One Toke Over the Line."

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Maglev
Skeptic Friend

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  18:45:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Maglev's Homepage  Send Maglev an ICQ Message Send Maglev a Private Message
And here's another one, this time from vedic astrologer Prakash Kandpal. Here's a quote (for may-june 2004):
quote:
Expect further air-crash, fear of mass killings, war like situations, fire, problems to fishermen(?). But this could be the time when there is some vaccine for a long-term disease like AIDS.

And oh, here's a thread I'm gonna follow over at OccultForums.com, in the astrology forum: Post predictions for 2004 in this thread! ...Maybe we should start our own and compare the two next january

Maglev

"The awe it inspired in me made the awe that people talk about in respect of religious experience seem, frankly, silly beside it. I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day."
--Douglas Adams, on evolutionary biology.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  22:51:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Maglev wrote:
quote:
...Maybe we should start our own...
I was thinking about that, myself. It's been done before, of course, but it never hurts to do it again. Since predicting the obvious lost its appeal as a joke long ago, however, we should probably avoid it. Let's get those predictions in by, say, January 17th, folks!

Here's one: as the housing "bubble" continues to grow, an otherwise homeless person will successfully claim "squatter's rights" to a property worth over a million bucks.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

PruplePanther
Skeptic Friend

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  09:49:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send PruplePanther a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Hehehe, excellent! I rather liked this one:

quote:
"A chorus of 1000 angels will appear over the Pentagon."

How about "A chorus of one REALLY BIG angel with a sound of a hundred thousand thunder storms." Think that my vershon might be more acurate.

"If I don't know where we are, I can't plot a course home." Major Carter, SG-1
Edited by - PruplePanther on 01/07/2004 09:50:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.