Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

freetobe

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  22:29:48  Show Profile Send freetobe a Private Message
ok I am here to be an example of what is real and not real. I know what I know what is truth and what is lies. And I came from the dark side that so many don't want to admit is wrong. Why? isn't life hard enough without really figuring out only truth can set you free. I found my truth that SATAN and any one who believes he isn't real and he doesn't have a hold on you. if you do not want to be right.he will keep you in bondage... I was so wrong in my thinking until God showed me what I was heading for.I was raised in the darkness, the bottomless pit is where i came from, thought I had no hope no one could possible understand me not even God, but he did. He was there all the time they tortured me, raped me, made me do what no normal one would even think to do..God is not our enemy ... Satan and demons are real I am proof, they summoned them from the pit of hell and done to me the most horrible things no child should ever have to go through, no one NOT NO ONE can tell me Satan isn't real and I know who rescued me from that pit. I am free to be me after 41 years. Thank God for mercy!!! One day all this will come to an end and you better know who you are..Satan will not be able to help you... That is all I have to say about that..
Moved to the Religion folder - Dave W.

Edited by - Dave W. on 01/27/2004 18:15:05

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  04:15:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Here we go again......

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  04:24:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Grettings freetobe, and welcome!

Unfortunatly, you have put forth a quanity of combined preaching and ancedotes that offer little or no support for the existance of either God or Satan. In short, no empirical evidence.

It is all well and good to wave your hands and proclaim your faith and beliefs, whatever they might be -- we all do it, now and again -- but here, we insist upon evidence. That's what skeptisism, be it on the topics of Bigfoot, UFOs and deities is all about.

So, I must ask you to provide evidence for the existance of the evil being you describe and verifiable support for the 'truth' that led you to your conclusion.

Again. welcome!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  04:32:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gezzam

Here we go again......

It's a bitch sometimes, ain't it? I do wish these guys would clean up their writing. Freetobe's not as bad as some, but he's still hard on antique eyes.

But, I keep hoping that someday we'll get one with something to say that doesn't involve unsupported hand-waving. Those few that actually give thought to their faith usually are interesting to talk to.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  05:44:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
Hello, freetobe. I am sorry that people have hurt you in the past. Hopefully, those people have paid their debt to society. Unfortunately, those were just bad people.

Can you support your claims that this goes beyond simply bad people?

Have you any material evidence of God or Devil?

Have you honestly looked within your own mind to be sure that you haven't reached desperately for any hope to pull you through the bad times?

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  06:52:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message
Freetobe, welcome.

I'm sincerely glad (not smartalecky glad) that you found a way to heal from the pain. Too many of us carry pain from our childhood that we in no way deserve.

Can I just give YOU some credit for finding peace and love again? I know you believe God helped you. But you also reached deep within yourself, faced your demons, and found a new direction--all of which reflects on your character and your spirit. If God hadn't come into your life, perhaps you'd have found another way. You never know.

The older I get, the more I believe we create our own reality, for better or worse. Religion is just a tool some use to build that reality, IMO.
Go to Top of Page

freetobe

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  20:14:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send freetobe a Private Message
As far as my own ability to escape the horror I have been through I didn't even know how to begin to find a way that even anyone would hear me. I went to a meeting and listened to a woman talk about how you can be free from so much. What was in me wasn't liking to hear about it, but the pain I was in I knew I had to find some release, and I am so glad I did. I and no one else could of undone what they did to me only God did it . All the things they programmed in me was a lie, I am not what they did to me, I am not what they made me do, I am just a woman who was a so abused, It was my time to be made to see the truth for what it really is, Satan is a LIAR!!! And only you decide what you do is right He only makes suggestions, Life is choices,,, I choose truth and freedom. I am free to be me!!!

freeotbe
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  04:49:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
God didn't do anything. You did it. You changed the way you see things, you changed the things that you do. Nobody else.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  06:14:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by freetobe

... escape the horror ... the pain I was in ... so abused ... LIAR!!! ...

As someone has previously stated, it is clear that you have been hurt by some pretty bad people. If this aids you on your road to recovery I wish you well. I hope you find peace and the strength of character that you desire.

Good Luck

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  07:59:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
Freetobe,
I recommend that you stop posting on this board. You have found a way to overcome your pain with your religious beliefs. You won't convert anyone on this board, and you will only have your beliefs challenged. It appears that your beliefs are what have released you from your pain, so the last thing you need is to have them challenged.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  08:33:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
No, that's the first thing everyone should do is challenge their beliefs about themselves and their world.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  04:32:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message
If bad people and the bad things they do to others is the definition of the word "satan", then satan does exist. However it's not a good idea to use that word as it's been claimed in the name of religion already, where its meaning is the name of a mythical beast, whose existence is highly unlikely. However, I think that all the gods and demons and devils that we have come up with are purely symbolical. Too bad so many people believe they are actual real entities.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  05:15:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Maverick

If bad people and the bad things they do to others is the definition of the word "satan", then satan does exist. However it's not a good idea to use that word as it's been claimed in the name of religion already, where its meaning is the name of a mythical beast, whose existence is highly unlikely. However, I think that all the gods and demons and devils that we have come up with are purely symbolical. Too bad so many people believe they are actual real entities.

One of our Founding Fathers, I disremember which (ashamed), wrote something to the effect that one must question everything, even the existance of God.

Questioning is not denial; it is merely asking for a supported definition. If that definition comes up lacking or sound, then one forms his/her opinions accordingly.

The existance of God or Satan, angels and demons, cannot be falsified; that is, it can not be either proved or disproved. Indeed, nothing metaphysical is falsifiable. Thus, if one is to believe, one is going on unsupported faith. I do not believe that unsupported faith is a good thing for anyone other than those grifters (Falwell and Robertson come to mind) who live off the faithful like tapeworms.

Freetobe, I wish you well and I hope you chose to hang out with us for a spell.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  08:53:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Once God and Satan are defined, then many, if not all, of those definitions can be falsified. Get someone to define god(s) and they define them away.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  10:35:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo

Once God and Satan are defined, then many, if not all, of those definitions can be falsified. Get someone to define god(s) and they define them away.

Ah, and therein lies the rub, as the bard has oft been quoted.

God and Satan are metaphysical, therefore, by definition, they cannot be physically defined.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

freetobe

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  11:48:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send freetobe a Private Message
as far as trying to get back at the people that tormented me I can't they are not alive to deal with what they did to me, they are in God's hands, I can only learn to forgive and let God be the judge,I only can deal with my own battles in my hurt and anger and fears, I have lots still to learn but do know I will not have the people that done this me tormenting me in my mind stop me from finding more love, and forgiveness towards my walk, and try to tell of how i am being healed more everyday,
Parents are supposed to love their children, not let no one hurt the ones they love, or hurt their own to get a better seat in hell I am a miracle to have survived, and go on and help others who feel there is no hope, I am a survivor, and god will use me to help someone who has been where I was, If you feel you need to ask me about hopelessness I am at Moonvalley61@aol

freeotbe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds.