Christian Airlines
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  10:04:58  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Coffee, tea, or conversion?
quote:
Passenger Amanda Nelligan told WCBS-TV of New York that the pilot called non-Christians "crazy" and that his comments "felt like a threat." She said she and several others aboard were so worried they tried to call relatives on their cell phones before flight attendants assured them they were safe and that people on the ground had been notified about the pilot's comments.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

Terryt88
Skeptic Friend

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  15:29:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Terryt88 a Yahoo! Message Send Terryt88 a Private Message

Lol I just posted a link to that in another thread. Seems I'm not the only one who found it disturbing.

quote:
From article The pilot was not scheduled to fly during the weekend, he said.

Hmm, airport security seems to be up and running quite nicely.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  15:31:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
The pilot made a amazingly bad judgement call by 'stepping out' of his professional captain role to make this personal religious statement to the passsengers. My guess is the airlines is going to pull him from flight duty for a considerable amount of time off for a performance review, or at least they sure ought to.
I don't think I could ever trust an idiot like that flying my plane or anyone elses.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  17:21:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
The thing that'd scare me the most is if "not enough" Christians raised their hands.

Or, conversely, "too many."

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  18:31:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
What might be even scarier was if a Muslim decided to protest and things all got out of hand.

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.