Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sea Sorbust
Skeptic Friend

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  07:27:44  Show Profile Send Sea Sorbust a Private Message
What happened to the top left logo that sent you to the home page?

Today is Thursday the 19th. Why does the calander show that it is Wed. the 18th?

Not to be nit-picky, of course. This is a really great site. My favorite site except maybe for http://jpl.nasa.gov.

"This is the forest primeval...."

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  07:58:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Sea Sorbust:What happened to the top left logo that sent you to the home page?
Today is Thursday the 19th. Why does the calander show that it is Wed. the 18th?

@tomic, our webmaster, is doing a bit of tweaking. He is, among other things, experimenting with the look of the site. In the meantime, I suggest bookmarking the homepage. The link will be back soon.

As for the date, we are set to Pacific Time...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  10:39:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Sea Sorbust wrote:
quote:
What happened to the top left logo that sent you to the home page?
Aside from Kil's suggestion to bookmark the homepage, the drop-down box on most pages, labelled "Jump To," has a home-page entry in it.
quote:
When I post, the timestamp on the post itself is two hours behind my local time (as if I posted in the Mountain timezone). If that were true for you, it says you posted your message at 9:27:44 AM on Friday, the 20th. How you got the idea that it was Thursday, I couldn't say.

Oh, and the calendar, right now, shows that it's Friday. The current date is the number in the little light-blue box. The previous Wednesdays are displayed in bold because there were events on those days. Perhaps you saw the bold and not the box?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Sea Sorbust
Skeptic Friend

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  11:46:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Sea Sorbust a Private Message
Duhhhh. Droooool.

Maybe yo should stop thinking about Mars and its related AstroBiology so much.

It's Eastern Time for me. As to how at the same posting moment, it was Thursday for me in Florida, Wednesday at the computer site in the Pacific, and Friday in the Rockies' Mountain Time Zone ... yo, uh, yo, uh, DON'T KNOW!! Must be the magical web-gremlins at work.

Drool.

"This is the forest primeval...."
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  07:59:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
I am only able to submit replies through the "Quick reply" box. Is "Post a new topic" and "reply to topic" broken.

When I reply to a topic with quotes, when I hit "submit reply" and attach my signature, it drops me back to the forum listing. Ditto with post new thread.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  09:08:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Can you try clearing your SFN cookies. I know of no problem.

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  09:25:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
cleaned the cookies. I still have the problem.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  10:52:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
"New Topic" worked fine for me, although about five minutes ago, I did see some odd "Service Unavailable" messages, even when trying to view the home page.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  10:55:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Maybe it has to do with the images being changed. Can you also clear your cache?

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  12:23:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

Maybe it has to do with the images being changed. Can you also clear your cache?

@tomic

I cleared all the files as well. I have also lunched the history stuff.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  13:37:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
@tomic,
The requested changes were made. I was unable to reply to your mail or make a new mail message in private messages.

Oh, my outbox tells me that my response to Dave concerning willingness to assist with pseudoscience moderation duties also must have gotten whacked.
Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  14:26:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
Are there technical difficulties right now with posting?
Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  14:28:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
Every time I click Post Changes it just returns me to the Forum with no confirmation and my post does not appear.

And actually it did the same thing just now when I tried to edit my previous message. It does this both from IE and firefox.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  15:32:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

I am only able to submit replies through the "Quick reply" box. Is "Post a new topic" and "reply to topic" broken.

When I reply to a topic with quotes, when I hit "submit reply" and attach my signature, it drops me back to the forum listing. Ditto with post new thread.

Hmm... I seem to have similar problems.

[Post New Reply]-button does not seem to work.
I got error-messages reading the page, something with object not working.
After I flushed cookies and temporary files, and tweaked the security settings, the error went away, but I can still not post replies.
I've been itching to write, and I had never thought it would be so hard to be out of touch. I do understand now what Boron10 is going through.

Edit: this was the quick-reply. And if this line shows up, that means I can edit my posts.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 03/01/2004 15:33:57
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  15:34:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
It might work now.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  15:48:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Yes, I think it's fixed.

The login stuff is still a bit ugly but posting may now resume!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The bug was of a sort that didn't interfere with admin so I had no idea anything was wrong.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds.