The General Discussion Folder
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  07:52:49  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message

The General Discussion Folder

Moderated by Dave W.

The General Discussion Folder is one of the forums available on the Skeptic Friends Network.

Forget about skepticism for a while, kick back, and relax. Tell us about the jerk who cut you off on the highway. Toss out a math puzzle or two. Discuss what the future may hold for [insert name of professional sports team here]. Rant and rave about what those corporate scumbags have done to your favorite mom-and-pop store. Wax nostalgic about the good ol' days.

Prior to posting, please take a look at the FAQ, including our intellectual property policies.

Here's a link to the New Topic page for the General Discussion Folder, if you're ready to make a post. If you're not yet registered, click here, first.

If you need to speak privately to a moderator of this forum, you can send a PM to Dave W.

Please reply to this thread only if you'd like to comment on the General Discussion Folder itself. All other thoughts, including suggestions for topics of discussion, should be posted as replies to topics already listed in the folder, or as New Topics. Thank you.

ljbrs
SFN Regular

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2004 :  13:28:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ljbrs a Private Message
I think that one of the things that makes this site excellent lies in its name: Skeptic Friends Network. It probably keeps away a lot of the nastiness. I mean, who wants to get "nasty" with friends?

Then again, it means fewer visitors, because it does away with the malcontents who will go elsewhere to invoke their nastiness. To me, that is good riddance.

This is a great site, even if my time is so much limited that I seldom can find the time.

ljbrs

"Innumerable suns exist; innumerable earths revolve about these suns in a manner similar to the way the seven planets revolve around our sun. Living beings inhabit these worlds."
Giordano Bruno
(Burned at the stake by the Roman Catholic Church Inquisition in 1600)
Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  04:02:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
Dave,

I am constantly amazed by the amount of time and effort you've put into the board since you came on as a moderator. Like all members here, I am thankful and humbled by the service you've done for all of us.

Now, perhaps, if you put that same energy into saving the world...

Thanks, man.

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.