Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  09:25:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
Gorgo,

Could you ask him if there is a Mike, or a Mark, or a Mathew or a Marry or a Margaret or some sort of M or maybe an N sounding name describing a person that cares about me or somebody in my family?

Thanks, this will really clear up alot of questions I have.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  09:33:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
I'm sensing that you really mean a John, or a Paul, or a George.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  09:38:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by moakley
Since his show is essentially stand up comedy I believe that full and heart felt belly laughs are in order. I know he comes across as sincere to most people, but I just believe that he is very god at remaining in character while delivering his stand up routine.

Funny? The guy is sickly sweet. That and I feel that I need a shower after listening to him.

Hey Gorgo, why don't you write a comprehensive essay on his technique and style? Then you can have your pic in the book and a real reason for going.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  10:56:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
I'll give that some thought, thanks. I found out that the 'show' is at 2:30 in the P.M, and people start lining up for it early in the morning. It's all general seating. They expect about 3800 people. So, I don't know how much I'll see or hear or want to.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  16:20:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
I wish It was me going. I live for that kind of shit...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  18:24:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo

I'll give that some thought, thanks. I found out that the 'show' is at 2:30 in the P.M, and people start lining up for it early in the morning. It's all general seating. They expect about 3800 people. So, I don't know how much I'll see or hear or want to.

Trish:
"Hey Gorgo, why don't you write a comprehensive essay on his technique and style?"

That reminded me....Gorgo, hope you still are reading this folder.
Here, do this:
You know how those people plant spies or have mikes or whatever in the line to hear what people are talking about? Well, like Trish said write an essay, but in this case, make up some plausible story and talk to your wife about dead Uncle Jasper and that you hope you get picked because you want to find out what happened, and his untimly death you think is holding him here so he can contact you......
Then when John tells you that Jasper wants to tell you he loves you and the money is burried in the back yard, you can say.....What the hell are you talking about, I don't have an uncle Jasper.
It will never get on air but the people in the audiance will know.

www.Carabao.net
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.
Mick Shrimpton
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2004 :  02:55:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
I doubt that it will be televised, and with 3800 people, I doubt that I'll be picked. I'll just go and observe and try to write some things down that I notice and if I write something up I'll post it.

Yeah, Kil, I do get a kick out of this stuff too.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  16:48:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Well, we got there about 11:30 A.M., and some people had been there since 6 A.M. Quite a long line, as people were spread out over the sidewalk, not in a tight line. The doors opened at 12:30, the show started about 2:30. Before the show two screens showed some episodes of "The Other Side," including one show which told about John's life. As a little kid he was obsessed with superheroes. They told this as though this was important to his becoming a psychic. They told of the psychics that told him that he was psychic and that's how he should spend his time. How he started out reading cards and realized that he was getting information from "The Other Side."

The first half hour he just talked. Generic 'spiritual' stuff like "be in the moment." Then he took Questions and started reading the rest of the two hours.

The show itself was better than I thought it would be. I'd never really watched his TV show. The only experience I've had with people who "talked with the dead" was at a spiritualist church where they did nothing but throw out bait and fish for information. He did a lot of fishing, "does the number four have any meaning for your family? Someone born in the fourth month, or the fourth day of a month? Maybe an anniversary of something?" "A Roger, or Regina, or Reginald?" He also came up with some information that someone had to do some real reasearch for, I think, or some pretty good shills. Very slick.

He had two TV cameras working, displayed on the two big screens. One that followed him and one with the face of the people he was working with so you could see their reaction. This was where the real show was because you could see the people crying when he described their dead loved ones, etc. Some very touching stuff. People want to believe this so much.

3800 people x $40 a head for two hours = where do I get a job like that?

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Tom Morris

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  11:31:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Tom Morris's Homepage  Send Tom Morris an AOL message Send Tom Morris a Private Message
Try and be really vague and trip him up. Expose him for the twat he really is. That's what I'd try and do if I was in the audience. Alas, it's probably not live TV. Shame...
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  12:11:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
quote:
This was where the real show was because you could see the people crying when he described their dead loved ones, etc. Some very touching stuff. People want to believe this so much.

One of my clients had a daughter who died horribly in a car crash. She went to see Ole Johnny boy. She was hoping that he picked her so she could find out. Unfortunately he did not choose her.

She said she never really believed in John Edward until her daughter died and she found out he was coming to Oz.

I feel she needs to believe.

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.