Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  08:56:19  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Well after 33 years of life, nearly three years of married life, my reason for being on this planet is close to being fulfilled. My genes will live on!!!!

All the practice over the years has payed off and we are expecting our first child early next year. At the moment I am on cloud nine and God forbid any problems I can't wait to see what the little tyke looks like.

Well, that just cancelled our trip to the States, I think the money may be better spent elsewhere!!!

Let the games begin

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  08:59:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gezzam

Well after 33 years of life, nearly three years of married life, my reason for being on this planet is close to being fulfilled. My genes will live on!!!!

All the practice over the years has payed off and we are expecting our first child early next year. At the moment I am on cloud nine and God forbid any problems I can't wait to see what the little tyke looks like.

Well, that just cancelled our trip to the States, I think the money may be better spent elsewhere!!!

Let the games begin

Well, good on ya and yer wife, Gez.

Congrats.

Stock up on sleep. You'll need it.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  10:28:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Many congrats from me, too, Gezza, but are you sure this thread doesn't belong in Health, or Social Issues...

...or even Humor?

[Ducking and running]

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  10:38:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
Congrats! Add patience to the list of items to stock up on. It tends to go out the window with the sleep.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943
Go to Top of Page

rickm
Skeptic Friend

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  12:29:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send rickm a Private Message
Ha Ha. Welcome to the real world.

Despite all the nightmares you hear about parenting, in the end it is well worth it.

Congratulations, I hope everything goes well.

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
-- Woody Allen, Without Feathers, 1975
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  14:15:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Congrats to you and especally the missus. Hoping for an uneventful pregnantcy and an easy delivery.

Sorry you won't be able to make it to these, the other colonies. I was hoping to briefly hook up with y'all somewhere. Another time, perhaps.

As to adding patience to the list, put 'er right up there at the top. You spend the first couple or three years teaching them to walk and talk, and the next twenty telling them to sit down and shutup!

(Who mamaged to get through it successfully whilst still maintaining his sanity, mostly.)

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  18:57:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life has changed. Thank you all for your kind words. I haven't had time to scratch my arse lately. I am grabbing every hour of overtime I can and when at home I am working on a numerous projects for my fledgling business.

In five months we go from “Double Income, No Kids” to “One income, heavily pregnant wife” There's still a mortgage and bills, so treats like our weekly Saturday morning eggs and bacon at the local café are history.

Fiona is my best drinking partner so I have to go out in sympathy with her….if she cant drink, either will I. My liver will probably appreciate the respite.

But there is an upside!!!

My child is now around 30mm and the toes are starting to appear. The eyes are formed and the genitals are starting to differentiate. The tail disappears to an remnant of one used in times past!!!

Have I got a boy or a girl????

This experience is blowing me away, I'll keep you updated……

Am I being an irritating first time father, blissfully unaware of the hurdles that lay ahead????

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  19:59:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Gezza wrote:
quote:
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You'll say more than that after the first diaper with a smell to it.

Seriously, some of the experiences you'll soon have will be fascinating beyond description (watching the kid learn how the world works), while others will really suck rocks (watching the kid fall on his/her face and being able to do nothing about it in time).

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2004 :  01:50:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
Congratulations, Gezza...I haven't been hanging out much online recently, so I missed your original post. Nevertheless, I'm sure you and your wife will be great parents, and I'm sure you'll be fine on one income. Man, everyone does it, and the world goes on...

quote:
Am I being an irritating first time father, blissfully unaware of the hurdles that lay ahead????
Naw man, keep the updates coming. It's really cool.

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Go to Top of Page

Antie
Skeptic Friend

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  04:28:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Antie's Homepage  Send Antie an ICQ Message Send Antie a Private Message
Oh, I didn't see this thread before!

Anyway, congratulations!

Antie. DIES GAUDII.

Facies Fabulosarum Feminarum

If you can name all six of the females in the picture above without looking up their names, and you can read the Latin phrase, pat yourself on the back. You're smart.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  09:37:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Oh hey Gezza, congragulations!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  19:33:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
quote:

Let the games begin

Well, the due date has almost come, Fiona is getting pissed off with me pretty much all of the time and we are off to the doctors on the 14th to see whether she will be induced or not.

It's an amazing thing to see her belly swell and I can't wait to see what he/she looks like.

Keep you all updated....

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  21:45:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Good luck, Gezza.

If it's a boy, name him Kil.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  22:00:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Yes, 'cause to name him filthy would just be mean.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  02:46:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

Well, the due date has almost come, Fiona is getting pissed off with me pretty much all of the time and we are off to the doctors on the 14th to see whether she will be induced or not.

It's an amazing thing to see her belly swell and I can't wait to see what he/she looks like.
Right in the middle of summer.
Is it warm where you live? My wife put on a lot of water because of the heat. (It sometimes gets warm even in Sweden.)
Luckily our daughter was in a hurry.

Best of luck to the three of you.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  14:06:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
And if it's a girl... [points to self]
No, not Siberia. Andreia. My real name

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.