David Icke and My Girlfriend
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GI Joe

USA
1 Post

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  21:55:16  Show Profile Send GI Joe a Private Message
No need to call Jerry Springer. Its not that serious...yet.
My name is Joseph Richardson.
My girlfriend called me about an hour ago and told me about this "amazing" book that she was reading that had some of the same views and beliefs that she did about religion.
I was interested so of course I screwed up and asked about it.
She began telling me about conspiracies, aliens, symbols, Tony Blair and all kinds of other whacked out stuff.
So in my calmest voice I asked her the who, what, when, and where.
The "who" was "Davie Boy" Icke.
The "what" was his book "Your insane, I'm not"...The released title was "The Biggest Secret"
So I did what any loving, CONCERNED, boyfriend would do....:::cried in a corner, repeating, "my girlfriend's a nut"::::
Then after composing myself, I started doing a little research on the "Regent of Reptiles" and what I found left me in a complete state of "WHAT!!??????.....?"
This guy is going to cause rift in my relationship. I know it. I love my girlfriend but if she starts hissing and pointing out every "TEXACO" sign saying "those cold blooded bastards"
I fear for the worst in our relationship.
I guess I'm writing out of frustration and desperation. I need help and I honestly do not have the education to combat even a quarter of bunk this guy is releasing. If you can offer any suggested reading, anti-ickey boy sites, or any useful opinions on the matter, it would be greatly appreciated.

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  03:47:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message
Welcome aboard.

A quick run through Google came up with:

Links exposing his racism and anti-semitism.

http://www.publiceye.org/Icke/Table%20of%20Contents.htm#TopOfPage

And I'm running out of time to find more before going to work.

The problem with his stuff is that the plausible sounding theories need to be taken apart and shown to be false, but he generally sounds like such a nut-case that most people just dismiss him out of hand.

I'm sure someone else will find some more helpful info for you.

Again, Welcome Aboard!

TW

- TW
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  04:00:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Hm. It's been a while since Icke's vile and hollow head has raised itself on these boards.

I too, shall try to return with some info on this outrageous charlaton. 'Till then I will only say that he's another grifter victimizing people who have not learned to think critically.

And welcome to SFN!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  08:20:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Here's Icke's website where he peddles books faster than an Olympic bicycle racer peddles peddles.

http://www.davidicke.com/

His articles page has a large number of papers, some silly, some preposterous, and some few quite good. Many if not most are pretty much advertisements for himself and his various conspiracy theories.

Here's an example:

quote:

#65532;

#65532;
WAS HITLER A ROTHSCHILD?
by David Icke #65532;
Official history is merely a veil to hide the truth of what really happened. When the veil is lifted, again and again we see that not only is the official version not true, it is often 100% wrong.

#65532;
Take the Rothschilds, the bloodline formerly known, among other names, as the Bauers, one of the most notorious black occult bloodlines of Middle Ages Germany. It became known as Rothschild (red-shield or rotes-schild in German) in the 18th century when a financial dynasty was founded in Frankfurt by Mayer Amschel Rothschild working in league with the Illuminati House of Hesse and others. They took their name from the red shield or hexagram/Star of David on the front of their house in Frankfurt. The Star of David or Seal of Solomon is an ancient esoteric symbol and only became associated with Jewish people after the Rothschilds adopted it for themselves. It has absolutely no connection to "David" or "Solomon", as Jewish historical sources confirm. The Rothschilds are one of the top Illuminati bloodlines on the planet and they are shape-shifting reptilians (see The Biggest Secret).

Here's a site that might help:

quote:
Princess Diana and JFK were both ritually assassinated. The Earth is hollow, and secretly ruled by the Secret Reptilian Brotherhood from Alpha Draconis (or was it the Fourth Dimension?), who regularly practice ritual Satanic murder and child molestation. Francis Bacon was Shakespeare; Jesus Christ never existed; Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles are shapeshifters who assert world control through a vast international banking network. The Disinformation editor's cute little brown chicken is now alien property.

Welcome to the strange twilight world of David Icke, best-selling conspiriology author and one of the most controversial public speakers on Earth today. Through a series of books, most notably 'The Biggest Secret: The Book That Will Change The World' (Bridge Of Love Publications, 1999), '. . .And The Truth Shall Set You Free' (Truth Seeker, 1998), and 'The Robot's Rebellion: The Story Of The Spiritual Renaissance' (Gill & Macmillan Publishers, 1994), Icke lays out a conspiriology 'grand narrative' that involves every major conspiracy theory and occult society that ever existed, an alternative view of history which Icke contends has been kept from the majority of the human race. This worldview was parodied by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson in their famous 'Illuminatus! Trilogy' (Dell Publishing Company, 1975), but Icke is deadly serious about his model, and continues to attract a devoted following.

http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id330/pg1/

All conspiracy theorists have one thing in common; they never put forth any testable evidence of their claims. That is because they have nothing but rhetoric to back themselves up with, and we all know what talk is worth.

But Icke, like many of the best-known Creationists is a superb speaker and a pretty fair writer as well. He can be very convincing, until you remember that he has yet to produce a shape-shifting reptile named Rothschild.

Tell your girlfriend that da filth said Icke has a great imagination and an end

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  20:08:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Try having her read Jon Ronson's book, Them: Adventures with Extremists. Besides being educational in terms of New World Order extremists, David Icke included, it is also very funny.

http://www.jonronson.com/them.html

By the way, welcome to SFN!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  06:31:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:
Princess Diana and JFK were both ritually assassinated. The Earth is hollow, and secretly ruled by the Secret Reptilian Brotherhood from Alpha Draconis (or was it the Fourth Dimension?), who regularly practice ritual Satanic murder and child molestation. Francis Bacon was Shakespeare; Jesus Christ never existed; Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles are shapeshifters who assert world control through a vast international banking network. The Disinformation editor's cute little brown chicken is now alien property.

Well, David Icke was right about one thing though...

Jesus Christ, as told by the Bible never existed.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  09:42:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:

Well, David Icke was right about one thing though...

Jesus Christ, as told by the Bible never existed.

Yeh, but this is pretty much how he operates; do/say something controversial, then sell books and collect lecture fees. Ha has aaquired a fairly large, rabid and demented following. So has George Bush, now that I think about it. :shudder:

The difference between Icke and Bush is that the former is literate and intelligent, and could talk the burlap panties off the Virgin Mary. He probably do it too, if the oportunity presented itself. Beyond that, both are scounderls deserving little more than contempt.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds.