A question!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  05:05:13  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Hi all, I am currently in the process of designing a webpage for a client of mine. The problem is, their chosen business name "Inspired Renovations" has been taken already by someone else....we are having problems coming up with something similar. Allegedly there are some bright sparks that post on the forum ;-) so some assistance would be appreciated.

Is there anyone that can come up with a suggestion????

Thanks,

Gezza

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  07:42:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Um, lessee........ How 'bout 'Resourcful Renovations'?

Or perhaps, 'Renovations par excellence?

Or, You Call, We Renovate You All!'.

Say, this could be fun...........

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  10:42:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
You mean the business name has been taken or the domain name has been taken?

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  00:37:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

You mean the business name has been taken or the domain name has been taken?

@

The business name has been taken.....

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  06:06:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
What kind of place is it?. Would it be too hoity-toity to translate that into another language? I did this in Babelfish so I'm not sure of the correct translation, but something that is obviously the other language, but also obvious as to what it means like

rénovations inspirées
renovaciones inspiradas

Or use the thesaurus like - innovational renovations maybe or renovating innovations or....?

Well, at least that's throwing out ideas to help the brainstorming process.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  08:27:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gezzam

Hi all, I am currently in the process of designing a webpage for a client of mine. The problem is, their chosen business name "Inspired Renovations" has been taken already by someone else....we are having problems coming up with something similar. Allegedly there are some bright sparks that post on the forum ;-) so some assistance would be appreciated.

Is there anyone that can come up with a suggestion????

Thanks,

Gezza

The major problems with Gorgo's ideas about rewording the name without seriously changing it are the ways the trade name laws are written. It would fall under dilution of trademark.

How about "Renovators 4 U" or "Inspired Fix-it Posse"? Although, I don't know if these trade names are taken.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 07/26/2004 08:29:05
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  08:43:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
I like "Good Enough Renovations"

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  10:10:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

I like "Good Enough Renovations"

I too, like that one. It has a ring of truth.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.