Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Maglev
Skeptic Friend

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  12:33:55  Show Profile  Visit Maglev's Homepage  Send Maglev an ICQ Message Send Maglev a Private Message
I've seen a lot of crazy stuff on the internet, but this Gene Ray should be given a medal (or four?).

Nature's harmonic simultanious 4-day time cube

quote:
Humans exist as CUBICS, not entities, for the 4 corner stages of rotating human metamorphosis do not occur at the same time for the individual - except for family Cube. You are educated stupid, indoctrinated evil, and can't even acknowledge that a mother
and baby are the same age - on opposite corners of a Cubic Creation Principle - for Truth in Opposites contradict a god entity. Evil educators suppress Cubic Creation and preach evil singularity to stupid students - depossessing students of ratiocinate mind. WORD students serve Nature best if dead.

This goes on, and on, and on... The word "evil" is found 151 times, "stupid" 104 times, etc. In short, if you dont beleive in his idea, you're stupid and evil, and part of a conspiracy which, for some reason, includes MTV's Tom Green.

quote:
My wisdom so antiquates known knowledge, that a psychiatrist examining my behavior, eccentric by his academic single corner knowledge, knows no course other than to judge me schizoprenic.

Maybe I should have posted this in "Humour" but this guy is dead serious and probably in need of some professional help.

What are your thoughts on this? Is this crazier than the everage woo-woo stuff many people believe in? Like, say, religion?

Sorry, I dont have any insightful analysis to offer... It sure made my friday :)
[Moved to the Pseudoscience folder - Dave W.]

Maglev

"The awe it inspired in me made the awe that people talk about in respect of religious experience seem, frankly, silly beside it. I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day."
--Douglas Adams, on evolutionary biology.

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  12:52:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Add him to the woo-woo list.

I'm glad he made his website in big letters and called everyone who disagrees evil and stupid, because if he didn't I think I might have not agreed with him.

I guess this is what happens to children when their parents don't buy them a globe.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  12:55:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Wow, all the way at the bottom there are links, one which leads to a page that says:

quote:
ARE YOU JEWISH?
I Am Not Jewish, Neither
Was My Mother Or Father.

Anyone saying that Jesus
and his Jewish father had
something to do with my
birth, is a damn evil liar.

I am of Nature's Harmonic
Time Cube - in which both
word and god are outlawed.
No plant nor animal speaks
word, a fraud by evil adults.

If I am reading this right, he is claiming in the last two lines that words don't exist? By using words?

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

SciFi Chick
Skeptic Friend

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  12:57:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send SciFi Chick a Private Message
Since this guy has been admittedly diagnosed with schizophrenia, he does not fall under the woo woo label, which is generally reserved for people that should know better but don't.

Also, even though religion exhibits some symptoms that could be compared to schizophenia, it is not the same, as schizophrenia can be controlled with medication.

Basically, I would say this is much more tragic than funny. I am very grateful not to be schizophrenic as it's not a pleasant disease by any means.

"There is no 'I' in TEAM, but there is an 'M' and an 'E'." -Carson

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud."
-Sophocles
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  13:03:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Unfortunately, we don't have a woo-woo folder. We do have a Pseudoscience, folder, however. I'm kicking this over there. After all, the guy's got "unrefutable proof" of what he says.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  13:07:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
You Word-Murder Your Children
Human metamorphosis has 4-corner
lifetime stages known as baby,child,
parent and grandparent. Bible-god
equates 1-corner and bare Earth for
children. 4-corner Truth is ineffable
and no self or god can speak Truth.
Only baby is born.Adult is not born.
Without metamorphosis - no adults.

quote:
Since this guy has been admittedly diagnosed with schizophrenia, he does not fall under the woo woo label, which is generally reserved for people that should know better but don't.

While I feel bad for any person who has to undergo such a disease, I still can't help but laugh when I read some of the things on his site. How do you know this? I don't anywhere that says that he has schizophrenia.

Edit: on the other hand, this shows how creative the human mind can really be....

- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 08/13/2004 13:16:01
Go to Top of Page

SciFi Chick
Skeptic Friend

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  13:22:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send SciFi Chick a Private Message
From the OP:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wisdom so antiquates known knowledge, that a psychiatrist examining my behavior, eccentric by his academic single corner knowledge, knows no course other than to judge me schizoprenic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is no 'I' in TEAM, but there is an 'M' and an 'E'." -Carson

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud."
-Sophocles
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  14:42:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Hmm, I wonder if that is real, or if he is just making that up? Kind of a bad source, wouldn't you say?

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  14:55:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Wow!

But I have a nagging feeling I've seen similar, some time back. Perhaps he's doing an encore? Dunno.

The first word that comes to mind is: 'spoof'. But if not a spoof, I'd like the addy of his dealer. Or maybe not!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 08/13/2004 14:56:46
Go to Top of Page

dominic_dice
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2004 :  10:28:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dominic_dice a Private Message
If I had to guess, I would say it was a hoax. Doesn't seem quite 'real' enough.

"Are you THE dominic_dice"
"No, a dominic_dice. I come in six packs now"
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2004 :  14:43:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
I tried to the email the guy, bascially saying that I felt my mind was corrupted by the "evil teachers" and what not, and said I didn't understand his 4 corner idea, but never got a response.

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

seadoggy

1 Post

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  15:39:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send seadoggy a Private Message
The 4-day time cube crap is the best humor I've read in a long time. The guy seems serious, but he's been smoking some good stuff I bet.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  15:55:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
The 4-day time cube crap is the best humor I've read in a long time. The guy seems serious, but he's been smoking some good stuff I bet.

It was funny, until you realize it is true. This type of thing belongs in a work of fiction, but in reality it is just plain sad and depressing.

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  18:07:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
But... why cubes?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Plyss
Skeptic Friend

Netherlands
231 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2004 :  02:34:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Plyss a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Maglev

What are your thoughts on this? Is this crazier than the everage woo-woo stuff many people believe in? Like, say, religion?

I've seen links to this site before, it was fairly popular a few years ago. My guess would be that this guy is serious, judging from this interview with the alleged Gene Ray himself: http://www.great-debate.com/tv.htm

An amusing parody made with a random text generator can be found at http://www.elsewhere.org/timecube/

As for this being crazier than other woowoo stuff people believe in? I don't know, i wouldn't consider it crazier than the notion that, say, 2000 years ago some guy died so you could live without sin and now you can eat his body in the form of a cookie.

Miss Tick sniffed. 'You could say this piece of advice is pricesless', she said. 'Are you listening?'
'Yes' said Tiffany.
'Good now...If you trust in yourself.."
'Yes..?'
'..and believe in your dreams...'
'yes?'
'...and follow your star..' Miss Tick went on.
'Yes?'
'You'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye.'
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  00:11:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
I'm fairly sure this picture is new, so I thought it was worth posting:

http://www.timecube.com/graphic1.gif

Now he puts Jesus by the equator, which I guess is pretty close. Now apparently, Arkansas is also be the equator, as that is Clinton's home town, and thats where he said Clinton lived. He put Socrates by the North Pole, which I would have to say is off by 1/2 a world. He also put Einstein, who lived in northern Europe and then North America, in the South Pole. My question is why did he pick such people?

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds.