Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  13:00:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

I don't know how funny this is going to come across in type but it was very funny as it happened.

Back when I was 18 or so, my boyfriend and I worked at a Dunkin Donuts. We were supposed to put the leftover donut dough into the new dough each day. The baker that preceded Dave was often over mixing and one day she left a huge amount of dough that Dave just didn't want to use in his fresh batch. So we put it in the trunk of my car.

Well, I had one of those old Volkswagen Squarebacks with the trunk under the hood where the engine would go. The gas tank was also filled from inside the hood.

So there I go to get gas, totally forgetting the dough was there and that it had been there several days. Yep, in the heat yeast really rises. I remembered as soon as I saw the look on the face of the station attendant.

I'll leave you to picture either a sci-fi or I Love Lucy scenario. The attendant just stared at me as I cleared it out and into his trash can.

That's great. Thanks for the laugh.

My own food service comedy of errors story is about the time I worked for a Boy Scout summer camp in 19 aught 85 as a kitchen aide. We had a dishwasher. The large box variety which had two large openings on either side. During the rinse cycle, I opened the doors for a reason that still escapes me to this day. It proceeded to spray the kitchen walls 20 feet away. I, of course, promptly beat the cook to the punch by calling myself a moron and started cleaning up the mess. It might have been the 16 hr shifts 6 days a week for $50 a week. (Yes, I was young and stupid back then, why do you ask?)

The head cook was One retired USMC Recon SSgt (I attended his funeral two weeks after I left the summer camp), he looked at me like I had lost my mind. I wasn't sure he was wrong.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.