Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Another repeat of spring of '87 and fall of PTL?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2004 :  15:31:00  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/la-me-lonnie12sep12,0,7527392.story?coll=ktla-news-1

Some juicy gossip about TBN Paul Crouch.

Paul and his wife, Jan

Her hair is normally a hue of purple, isn't it?

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2004 :  16:11:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
Is she channeling Tammy Faye? Its uncanny.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  03:21:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
One of the permenent residents around here is a large, female eastern diamondback rattlesnake named Tammy Faye. She too, sports a lot of eye makeup. But on her, it looks pretty.

I never fail to be amused when one of these sanctimonious lucre-sponges gets outed as being no more than human, albeit a hypocritical human.

At this point, I think it will be a tempest in a teapot unless some sort of financial shennagans are uncovered. Or unless Crouch goes about chanting, "We're here, we're queer...." and so forth. Then he might have do Jimmy Swaggert and snivel on stage to be forgiven for succuming to the devil. Again.

Be interesting to see how this comes out. It's not often they get busted for gender-bending. I wonder what Falwell has to say about it.

Damn! Never mind Jerry, what about Phelps?!

Say, speaking of Swaggert, is he still preaching and chasing Big Easy hookers? I haven't heard anything about him in a long time.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  19:04:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
One of the permenent residents around here is a large, female eastern diamondback rattlesnake named Tammy Faye. She too, sports a lot of eye makeup. But on her, it looks pretty.

All things considered, I think I'd rather have the rattlesnake in my house.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

satans_mom
Skeptic Friend

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  19:52:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send satans_mom an AOL message  Send satans_mom a Yahoo! Message Send satans_mom a Private Message
I saw that article on dailyrotten.com!!! Out of all the news sources, rotten.com certainly provides the best!!!

the daily show is pretty cool too.

Yo mama's so fat, she's on both sides of the family.

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  12:20:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
As if you men are perfect.

Why don't you take the plank out of your own eye, before you stoop to take the speck out of your brothers.

"And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye? "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother's eye."
Luke 6:41-42 NKJV

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

satans_mom
Skeptic Friend

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  12:25:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send satans_mom an AOL message  Send satans_mom a Yahoo! Message Send satans_mom a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

Why don't you take the plank out of your own eye, before you stoop to take the speck out of your brothers.

"And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye? "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother's eye."

I for one think it's perfectly natural to be homosexual.

You Christians are the ones that will degrade him.

What would you say to a typical gay man? "You're going to hell!" or some other various scoldings of preach. Yet, when one on YOUR side ends up being "curious" you defend him.

I think it's pointless to counteract you. You'll never consider anything.

And you'll never respond with argument. Just more and more and more of your ridiculous opinions that have been given to you by your devout brainwashing institution loving referred to as the Church.

Yo mama's so fat, she's on both sides of the family.

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  12:38:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by satans_mom

quote:

I for one think it's perfectly natural to be homosexual.

You Christians are the ones that will degrade him.

What would you say to a typical gay man? "You're going to hell!" or some other various scoldings of preach. Yet, when one on YOUR side ends up being "curious" you defend him.

I think it's pointless to counteract you. You'll never consider anything.

And you'll never respond with argument. Just more and more and more of your ridiculous opinions that have been given to you by your devout brainwashing institution loving referred to as the Church.

Uh huh, and evolution isn't brain washing? With all its fancy pictures and unprovable theories. An exist void of a maker, and based on animal instinct and lawlessness?

God loves the sinner and hates the sin. The sin is a choice, and even good men mess up and sin. Lucifer and his host will come at you in weak moments, to try and get you to look bad in front of the government of God. So he can kick dirt in Jesus face, and proclaim, you came to die for this trash? Some humans won't even acknowledge your father made them! Christians act like pagans. You shed your blood for nothing.

I thik the bible calls homosexuality between men, that man is worshiping himself and his image. Using man for what woman was meant for is an abomination. Lesbianism is wrong, but not on the same degree as a man lying with a man.

Is that an unforgivable sin? No it isn't. Every one makes mistakes, including your perfect self, woman.

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  13:59:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Verlch:
I thik the bible calls homosexuality between men, that man is worshiping himself and his image. Using man for what woman was meant for is an abomination. Lesbianism is wrong, but not on the same degree as a man lying with a man.

How convenient for you. Rationalizing away how you spend your evenings on the Internet so you won't feel too guilty...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  20:30:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

quote:
Verlch:

How convenient for you. Rationalizing away how you spend your evenings on the Internet so you won't feel too guilty...

What do yoou mean by that man? I happen to love women very much..,.

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  23:02:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
What do yoou mean by that man? I happen to love women very much..,.

What the hell? You love women very much? Am I missing something? What does that have to do with the topic?

quote:
Uh huh, and evolution isn't brain washing? With all its fancy pictures and unprovable theories.

Ugh, the ignorance is starting to get to me. Verlch, there is no theory that is provable, science is not about proof. It is about evidence.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  02:06:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Hmm. I see our friend verlch has led us merrily away from the topic once again; from the rather silly homosexual encounter (assuming it's true -- thus far it's only allegations) of a famous television motormouth to the ToE. The ToE is his favorite rant, as it is mine.

Verlch, may I remind you that homosexuality, by it's very nature, adds nothing to the gene pool and therefore has nothing to do with evolution. In some cases, this might considered be a good thing.

At the moment, I find the situation not quite as amusing as Swaggert's and Baker's idiotcy. Perhaps it will get better.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  14:50:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message

Ugh, the ignorance is starting to get to me. Verlch, there is no theory that is provable, science is not about proof. It is about evidence.
[/quote]

Than get some man. Maybe evidence among the living!! I'll give you 1,000,000 dollars if you, as a man, can prove evolution, beyond a shadow of a doubt!!!

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  14:52:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message

Verlch, may I remind you that homosexuality, by it's very nature, adds nothing to the gene pool and therefore has nothing to do with evolution. In some cases, this might considered be a good thing.

Again there man, how did man and woman have evolution at the same time? Not only do you have to account for the evolution of man, but then how 'woman' developed at the same time!!!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  18:34:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
quote:

Than get some man. Maybe evidence among the living!! I'll give you 1,000,000 dollars if you, as a man, can prove evolution, beyond a shadow of a doubt!!!

Hahahahaha, I love how he didn't even care to read what he quoted.

Verlch, let me try this one more time. Science is NOT about proof. Never has and never will be.

Verlch, I'll give you all I have if you prove anything through science, because by definition, you can't prove anything.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  19:48:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Again there man, how did man and woman have evolution at the same time? Not only do you have to account for the evolution of man, but then how 'woman' developed at the same time!!!

Hahaha! How did the fox and the vixen develop at the same time? How did it come to pass that many fish have sex changes, some of them in natural life cycle and some due to a shortage of the other gender? Some lizards are parthogenetic, all of their populations being female. How come? Why is it that the vast majority of species alive today reproduce asexually? And how' bout them hermaphrodidic snails? And the scorpions that drop a sperm pouch that must be mechanicly picked up by the female? Why do female reptiles store sperm until conditions are right, as long as a couple of years? And so forth.

Verlch, you crack me up, I swear you do!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds.