Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  04:23:10  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
While looking for something else, I stumbled across the following:

Benny Hinn has to be one of the most energetic scoundrels the world has seen since the dawn of civilization. Hinn has amassed a fortune that would make even Pat Robertson and the Falwell freak sit up and take notice, all from flim-flaming the faithful.

As will be domonstrated, he is truly a foul piece of work.
quote:
Where does world-famous televangelist's money go?

Benny Hinn has millions of believers and millions in donations

NBC News

Dec. 27, 2002 - Maybe you spotted him while you were channel surfing one night or maybe you were already tuned in. Either way, he's hard to ignore. Benny Hinn - televangelist, faith healer, and appointment viewing for millions of believers. His popularity and his wealth are matched only by the devotion he's shown by his followers, many of them desperate for help. Their stories and his ministry play out almost every night in made-for-TV mini-dramas. But there are other stories, other scenes that reveal much more about Pastor Benny, caught on Dateline's hidden cameras. Correspondent Bob McKeown
reports.

HE ALWAYS ARRIVES onstage when they begin to sing the hymn, "How Great Thou Art."

The few times I have seen him on the toob, he always looked rather smug, highly confident, and not a little greasey. Of course, this holds for most if not all of the big-name Bible-blathers.

quote:
Benny Hinn: "Yes Lord. A lower back is being healed. Thank you Lord. Emphysema is being healed. We rebuke it in Jesus' name. Somebody's legs have just been healed."

On television or at his crusades, Benny Hinn promises that wherever he goes, miraculous healing will follow.

Benny Hinn: "In the name of Jesus, I rebuke the allergies out of you. Touch! - The glory of God is in the studio. We are having a visitation in the studio today as we have been taping these TV programs."

Those miracles, Hinn says, can cure injury and illness - even
terminal disease.

Benny Hinn: "The healing may happen instantly, and may happen
gradually but surely as God is God, your legs will work again, and your body will be healed again."

And according to Benny Hinn, it gets even more miraculous than that.

Benny Hinn: "On the program today, you are going to see a clip of
this man who was raised from the dead."

And so forth ad nausaeum. It is a curiousity to me that otherwise sane people buy into this garbage. I really don't understand it.

His fund-raising efforts have been estimated to be in the neighborhood of $100,000,000 per year.

quote:
What brings the faithful out to see Benny Hinn is the healing. The expectation that sometime tonight they're going to see, or perhaps even be - one of those people who arrive desperately ill and leave miraculously cured.

The script - Benny Hinn's tried-and-true formula - was always the same. And it always started with the music. There's an orchestra, a heavenly host of local church choirs, and an all-star cast of Christian headliners. The crowd's emotional temperature seems to rise, as they anxiously wait for pastor Benny.

"It's organized more closely than a political convention," says Ole Anthony, of the Trinity Foundation. "There's the repetitive music, there's the mood lighting, there's this whole arrangement of waiting and waiting and waiting until he comes on stage. The band is playing, "How Great Thou Art" and then the process starts."

The whole thing is more low drama than anything else.

quote:
This is from a highlights tape we bought from the ministry's Web site.

Benny Hinn: "You're tired of all the pills you've taken, and all the needles they put in your body and all the pain you felt. Well, I'm here to tell you, you will be healed tonight!"

After the preaching, there's the passing of the collection buckets. And then comes the moment when Benny Hinn makes his much-anticipated announcement - God is speaking to him, he says, revealing a multitude of miracles, actual healings now taking place throughout the arena, some of them very specific.

Benny Hinn: "There is a young man named George. George has HIV. But my brother George, the holy ghost is burning it out of your body!"

At all of the evening crusades we attended, it was about 10 p.m. when Hinn announced God was speaking to him.

And at the point when God speaks to him, the show gets good.

quote:
RELIGION OR HYPNOSIS?

"They'd fall down," says Michael Cohen. "They'd fall backwards. He'd blow on them. They'd fall over. And I thought these were actors that came in and they paid them so much. And they had a string and they pulled them
down."

Even some who were skeptics at first soon became believers, like
Michael Cohen.

"And when I finally went up there, I ended up falling down," says
Cohen. "I closed my eyes but I knew that Benny didn't push me. I knew I wasn't pulled or tugged. I knew that was God touching me."

But Ole Anthony says he thinks it's a phenomenon that has much more to do with mass hypnosis than religion.

"And they watch him on television over and over and over for years," says Anthony. "And they see it, they expect it, they see other people upstage are falling over right and left. Sometimes Benny falls over the place. It's a circus. It's like professional wrestling."

But all of the afflicted are not created equal.

quote:
But according to former Hinn insiders, there's a great deal more to Benny Hinn's crusades than what you see on television - and what we've found supports that. A woman who worked at crusades said she was instructed to look particularly for those standing in front of their wheelchairs.

Benny Hinn: "Look at all the empty wheelchairs here in Las Vegas,
people!"

Empty wheelchairs apparently imply there's been a lot of healing
going on. But for every one of the people declared healed by pastor Benny on stage and on TV, many more leave the arena still sick or disabled.

"Desperate people, the really desperate ones, the ones that break
your heart are at the back on the crusade, they won't let them up in the lines," says Anthony.

Evander Holyfield was healed of a heart problem that temporarly cost him his boxing license.

quote:
HEAVYWEIGHT HEALING

In his 25 years of healing, there have been thousands of similar
stories from Hinn's followers - none of them more famous than this one. At a crusade in 1994, Benny Hinn came to the aid of the former heavyweight champion of the world. Evander Holyfield had lost his boxing license because a medical test had revealed a serious heart ailment.

Benny Hinn (at a crusade): "The Lord is telling me right now he is
repairing Holyfield's heart completely."

Reportedly, Holyfield promised Hinn a check for $265,000, and before long, he got a clean bill of health, and won the world title back.

But Benny Hinn doesn't only minister to the rich and famous.

Bob McKeown: "And you needed a miracle."

Belva Ventura: "Oh, did I."

Bob McKeown: "You and your son."

Belva Ventura: "Yes."

But did he indeed heal Holyfield? Did he heal Mrs. Ventura and her son of cancer?
quote:

And then there was Evander Holyfield's heart ailment - which seemed to disappear after that crusade in 1994 - touted as one of pastor Benny's greatest healing successes.

When Holyfield then won his world title back, it seemed a storybook ending - except for one problem. According to the Nevada Athletic Commission, two different clinics determined that Holyfield had been misdiagnosed. His doctor had been given incomplete information about his condition. In other words, there was nothing seriously wrong with Holyfield's heart in the first place. But three years later, pastor Benny was still claiming credit for the champ's miraculous healing.

On the "Larry King" show with Pastor Benny, he was aksed: "Evander
Holyfield credits you with curing his heart problem, although doctors said that maybe it was misread in the first place."

Hinn: "God healed him in one of our crusades, yeah."

Evander Holyfield had no comment through his lawyer.

And the lady who needed a mircle.......

quote:
STILL DYING OF CANCER

And remember Belva Ventura, who said Benny Hinn cast out cancer from her and her son?

A few weeks after that crusade in Worcester, Massachusetts, Belva's son died of cancer. When we visited several months later, she said she hadn't had a follow-up call from anyone in the Hinn organization.

Bob McKeown: "As far as you know, the ministry has no idea whether
your cancer is still there or not."

Belva Ventura: "No."

Bob McKeown: "Whether you're alive or not."

Belva Ventura: "No. No. they don't. Otherwise, they would have got
hold of me. Nobody did."

Her physicians evidently were not convinced of her claims of healing.

Bob McKeown: "What do your doctors say?"

Belva Ventura: "They laugh. They look at me and they laugh. They don't believe me."

Belva still believed apparently until the end. A month after our
visit, she died. The cause, her doctor told us, was cancer.

So, the long and short of it is that Hinn is an outright fraud, and a vicious one. But like Belva Ventura, the faithful believe. The truly horrible part is that as they believe, many stop their treatments sometimes fatally. For this alone, Hinn should be jailed. He's been running his scam for over 20 years and there's no way to figure how many unfortunate people he's sent to an untimely death.

This is one of the best articles I've read on Hinn. It goes on quite a bit farther, but at this point, I'll let it's authors speak for themselves.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  09:51:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
It is funny but my husband and I were channel surfing the other day and who do we see Benny Hinn. While I am not an advocate of him and his philosophy I am not against him etiher. The first thing I noticed was how many people there were. Holy Shit I said to my husband imagine the Money. Yeah he said I knew we were in the wrong buisness. But as I thought more I thought so what if he makes all that money . People believe him like people believed pharmacuticals and Doctors when they prescribe something. Those people who go to Benny Hinn seek his guidance. He fulfills a need in them and if they make the conscious decison to give him lots of money so what.
Let us not forget when you have a big buisness or empire like he does their must always be protocol, routine. Let us not immediately be swayed from reports of a former worker. i could imagine the power and energy that goes through one of those gatherings much like a mezzanine seat at Handels Messiah. It would probably make me faint too.
If people come back changed from his experience then that is in favor of him. It is all in perspective.
Too me a faith healer claiming to cure cancer is about as believable as a magician telling me the paranormal does not existbut that is just what I think
I hope I crossed my T's and dottted my I's just so Dude can read what I am saying

Storm
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  11:03:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Storm...You must be F'ing kidding me! Benny Hinn is one of (if not the) biggest crooks on the planet. He is preying on the weak, the sick, the dying! Filling them with false hope and in many, many cases actually killing them early! He is responsible for the EARLY deaths of at least those two cancer patients and probably tens or even hundreds more. He is worse than John Edwards who I think should be fined for every penny he has earned, plus do jail time....and not "country club" jail time, I'm talking hard time. To me there is nothing worse than filling people with false hope, and preying on the needy. Truly these people (Hinn, Edwards, et all) should be tried for crimes against humanity! The only people I rank worse than these sorts are pedophiles, rapist and murderers.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  11:20:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
Well filling people with false hope can happen in the medical field as well. Can you give me proof of those who died ? Many people who take cancer drugs as well die. Belief is a very powerful tool. There are studies now going on trying to measure its affects on people. The power of prayer.
so while I do not believe in Benn Hinn I do not promelagate not believing in him

Storm
Go to Top of Page

Rubicon95
Skeptic Friend

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  11:56:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Rubicon95 a Private Message
Interesting to point out. On Benny Hinn's website, there is no indication he is a member of the Evagelical Council on Financial Accountablity.

http://www.ecfa.org/ContentEngine.aspx?Page=WhatIsECFA

This is an organization that was setup to promote financial transparency.

Curious to note Hinn's mentor, Oral "I need $8,000,000.00 or else God will call me home" Roberts is not a member. hmmmmm the Gospel does warn of hired hands tending the flock.
Edited by - Rubicon95 on 12/14/2004 12:01:07
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  12:23:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
When I think of Storm the only thing that comes to mind is my "boggle" quote. I don't see the medical establishement dishing out alot of false hope. Usually if you have cancer they will give you the staight poop. Their efforts MIGHT heal you, or prolong your life and they MIGHT NOT, and that is what they tell you right up front. You say "The power of prayer" like it is somthing that actually exists. The results of every prayer study I have seen show that it does not (exist). Here is one , and another , and another , and another , and another , and here are 11 more.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  12:37:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Storm, Hinn offers no spirtual guidence whatsoever. He is one of the cleverist of hucksters, offering false religion to the sick and dying in return for their money and the money of their families. He is only better than the con artists that prey on the residents of nursing homes in that he puts on a good show. He takes preexisting, religious beliefs and transfers them to himself, and he is very, very good at it.

He has healed no one. He has performed no deeds of charity nor mercy. He looks like he has sccoured the sick and the dying, but he has not. Not even once. He has taken a staggering amount on money under false pretenses, much of it from those who can ill afford it.

And it's all perfectly legal. Further, I could be wrong here, but at last I heard, he pays not the first dime in taxes on the vast sums he takes in.

In short, this guy is evil of the finest water. He differs from a low-life grifter only in that he never has to sneak away after pulling his gaff. You might say that it's good that he makes people feel better, for a while, but I'd ask; at what cost?

The cost is the disillusionment and sorrow when it is discovered that he has not done as he promised. Not to mention the 'donation' he gladly accepted. He not only takes the money, but he wrecks the spirit in the process.

Could Hinn take away the pain, mine, of a twice-fused spine with bone spurs in the fusions? Could he fix my knee so that I won't have to have it replaced this coming January? Can he remove the odd bits of metal in me?

Can he raise Siberia from her wheelchair?

No, he cannot. He can only put she and me on a stage and make like a holy man to the awe of his benighted audence, and I still won't be able to push her chair from that stage to the parking lot without stopping to rest and maybe drop a pill. Oh, but we'd feel good! For a while.

Hard sayin's Storm, but it's truth.

You're 'Is' and 'Ts' are improving dramaticly.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  12:52:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
I don't doubt he is a charleton . I have no proof. But people do come back to him over and over for many years. As far as the medical community for years we did not hear about side effects of certain medications although side effects were known. Now you here so much about them you don't even want to take the drug in fact some are worse than the actual reason you had to take them. My favorite are the ED side effects ads!!!!! I did not realize eight hours could be a bad side effect

Storm
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  13:06:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Yeah, side effects are bad - but only when they happen. For instance, one of my pain medicines had 'may cause hallucinations' as a side effect (it had opium in it). Never happened. I didn't take it for long, either; it didn't work. Another one had 'may cause irreversible blindness' as a side effect. I didn't take that one. But, of those I did/do take, never experienced anything odd, or worse than what I've already got.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  13:47:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
But people do come back to him over and over for many years.
Yes, yes they do keep coming back. They are the True Believers and Hinn's audiences are filled with them. I think that every skeptic should have tatooed on the inside of his eyelids so it can serve as a reminder at any time: You Cannot Convince A True Believer Of Anything, Whatever The Evidence.

But Mrs. Ventura was a True Believer and neither she nor her son came back, did they?

I think that it is a sad commentary on the American intellect that Hinn is not living in a homeless shelter, along with others of the ilk.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Rubicon95
Skeptic Friend

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  15:04:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Rubicon95 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by astropin

The results of every prayer study I have seen show that it does not (exist). Here is one , and another , and another , and another , and another , and here are 11 more.

Those links aren't studies. They are commentaries.

BTW, how does a skeptical columnist from Time Magazine become an expert in medicine? Is is the same way a prof of law becomes an expert on Evolution?

You should have used this. http://www.mayo.edu/proceedings/2001/dec/7612a1.pdf

It's an actual study from the Mayo clinic. The results state that there is no perceptible change in condition with blind intercessary prayer. However, meditative prayer does have an effect.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  02:04:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
I'd send Benny Hinn this verse...

Isaiah 8:20: "To the law and the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

He declares: "I have kept my Father's commandments" (John 15.10). And John testifies: "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar; and "the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:4).

Matthew 7:16-20 where Christ says, "Ye shall know them by their fruits Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree can not bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

"And Jesus answered them, "Take heed that no one leads you astray. For many will come in My Name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not alarmed; for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places: all this is but the beginning of the birth-pangs."

"He doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do" (Revelation 13:13, 14).

http://www.projectrestore.com/library/radiant_living/11_counterfeit_healing.htm

Benny Hinn said this on TBN!!!

"Ladies and gentleman, Jesus is shaking the world! Now something else is happening that is to me awesome! Absolutely awesome! The Lord is physically appearing in the Muslim world. I'm telling you, Paul, I am hearing it now more and more and more. Since we preachers cannot go there, Jesus is - just going there Himself. Since we preachers are not permitted to go in, He is just showing up Himself. You know the Scriptures says clearly that the Lord did appear, did He not? Ah for forty days, isn't that right? And the Scriptures says he, he, he even, he even appeared to Paul#8230;. He's doing the same thing today in the Muslim world. He's appearing, hear this, He is appearing to Muslims, saying I am Jesus of Nazareth! And they're coming to know the Lord!" (TBN, Praise the Lord Mar.29, 2000)

He also said that!!!

"I know deep in my soul something supernatural is going to happen in Nairobi Kenya ... Paul and Jan are coming to Nairobi with me, but Paul we may very well come back with footage of Jesus appearing on the platform (Crouch flinched in good approval). You know that the Lord appeared in Romania recently and there's a video of it, where the Lord appeared in there back of a church and you see him on video walking down the aisle, Yea. Paul do you remember when I came on TBN years ago I showed you a clip of the lord appearing in our church in Orlando on the balcony on the wall. Yea you remember that. Paul Crouch "yea very well I saw it." Hinn "that was eighty, something eighty sixty, whatever. You know I always wondered why the lord, why did he do that , you know why now I look back that was the beginning of the greatest move of God in our church. Because 83, 84, 85 were horrible years for me horrible years. "86 the blessings of God began but they began with this manifestation of the Lords face on the balcony that stayed for 8 weeks, 8 solid weeks. The Lord has done this in the past but he 's about to do it again, now here this I'm prophesying this Jesus Christ the Son of God is about to appear physically in some Church's and some meetings and to many of his people. For one reason to tell you he's about to show up. To wake up, Jesus is coming saints."

From Ruth Heflin (who Hinn states is a prophetess)- "She just sent me a word through my wife and said the Lord spoke to her audibly and said that He is going to appear physically in one of our crusades in the next few months. "the Lord spoke to her audibly and said, 'Tell Benny I'm going to appear physically on the platform in his meetings.' Lord, do it in Phoenix Arizona in the name of Jesus! And in Kenya too, Lord, please, Lord, in fact, do it in every crusade." ( March 29th, 2000)

Where is this all headed? Consider this report from the Tara Center on the New Age Christ Maitreya, who does signs and wonders through his disciples."On June 11, 1988, Maitreya materialized suddenly `out of the blue' at a Christian prayer meeting in Nairobi, Kenya. Thousands attending instantly recognized Him as the Christ. He spoke to them in their own language and many reported being cured of major illnesses. The KENYA TIMES reported that, afterwards, a man saw Maitreya take a few steps and then disappear."#8230; (In 1994 Maitreya appeared again in Nairobi as in 1988). "Maitreya continues to appear miraculously throughout the world, mainly at meetings of orthodox religious groups." Here is a manifestation that poses as the Christ and anyone else that is important. If he can deceive the Christians he will have the world in the palm of his hand.

This whole Jesus materialization is not new, Hinn has said that Jesus has been making special appearances for years. Hinn had an appearance of Jesus at age 11 previous to his conversion to Christ and he has often said, "I see the Lord, I can even tell you what he was wearing." (10/22/96)

Hinn gives another story of this incident, " I was preaching, I was actually ministering on a Sunday night to the sick when suddenly the people began screaming as the Lord's face appeared on the balcony. We have it on video. The Lord's face appeared on the balcony and what was so remarkable is right before that the same face appeared in the children's church on a blackboard. And a little child sitting there with crippled legs was healed instantly. The teacher comes running down from the balcony screaming and shouting, the kids are all behind her, telling us how the Lord had appeared up there. And when she came running down that's when the face of the Lord appeared in the main sanctuary. She was screaming, we all began screaming, and for eight weeks the Lord's face sit on that balcony, on the wall. And what was even more remarkable is that night, that Sunday night service when I was having a healing service, as I was speaking the mouth was moving. The mouth ... the Lord's face was on the wall and you could see the mouth moving as I was speaking. .. Eight weeks later it was still there." (Benny Hinn, This Is Your Day, April 21, 2000) Notice he says as he was speaking Jesus mouth was moving as if Hinn#8217;s words are Jesus words. This is all a false image of Jesus and is no different than the Catholic phenomenon of statues bleeding or crying. This is supernatural manifestations of idolatry.

May 20, 2000 (David W. Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061-0368, fbns@wayoflife.org) -- Benny Hinn is another charismatic false prophet. Hinn traces his charismatic "anointing" to the late female preacher Kathryn Kuhlman. Her meetings were often characterized by the dangerous and unscriptural "slaying in the spirit" phenomenon. In Hinn#8217;s book Good Morning, Holy Spirit, he admits that the first time he encountered the Kuhlman phenomenon he exclaimed: "I#8217;ve got to have this. #8230; I want what Kathryn Kuhlman#8217;s got. I wanted it with every atom and fiber within me" (Good Morning, Holy Spirit, pp. 9-12). Hinn even tells of visiting the graves of Kuhlman and of another female Pentecostal preacher, Aimee Semple McPherson, TO GET ANOINTING FROM THEIR BONES (Ibid., Hanegraaff, Counterfeit Revival, p. 172).

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/bewareofbenny.htm

23: Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Edited by - verlch on 12/15/2004 02:10:02
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  01:57:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
THE CALVARY CONTENDER - August 15, 2000 [Messengers of Christ Ministries] Excerpts:
BENNY HINN A FALSE PROPHET-Charismatic Evang. Benny Hinn says within two years there will be a new pope - "an Italian who wears glasses and has long hair." He adds: "And within two years a young Egyptian male converted from Islam will preach the gospel so well that hundreds of thousands of Muslims will accept Christ." Hinn said Israel and the Palestinians will sign a peace treaty before the end of the year (8/00 Charisma).

He "predicts that a group of Israeli rabbis will see a vision of Jesus so magnificent that they will preach the gospel in their synagogues." He recently predicted that people by the thousands would be raised from the dead in their caskets watching TBN (12/15 CC). See Jer. 29:8-9.

http://www.cephasministry.com/news_church_news.html

More news from Benny Shihister!!!

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  02:59:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Yeah verlch, you're right. Prophetcy is the kind of thing that keeps Hinn and others going, at least in part. It looked like he was on pretty safe ground with the Pope one -- John looks more like barely animated corpse every day and has been years, but he refuses to die and take away the suspense. I am not confident that we'll see a big, glorious wake for him anytime soon. He's a tough, old rooster. Hell, he might turn out to be the Strom Thurmond of the Vatican.

But here's the weird part: no matter how far off, how outrageously wrong the 'prophet' might be, the True Believer will not only ignore it, but will become the prophet's apologist, and continue to give him money. Even if Hinn is publicly shown, on national media, as the charlaton he is, and indited for it, they will remain his faithful followers.

Jim Bakker still has some of his flock, one working at the bank that I do business with. Go figger.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  11:57:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
They say that when Benny Hinn is knocking over the crowds he is actually casting demons into them! Not helping them!

http://www.pfo.org/bhnecro.htm

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  12:28:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

They say that when Benny Hinn is knocking over the crowds he is actually casting demons into them! Not helping them!

http://www.pfo.org/bhnecro.htm

Well, I wouldn't ge so far as to say 'demons,' but what he does might be considered to be much the same thing. He lies and instills false hopes among those who badly need comfort, and takes their money for it. Much the same as any con-artist, but a lot more heartless. He preys upon the weak and the crippled.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds.