Politics
 Swift Boat Vet history
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  13:03:28  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
Apparently, one of the guys that Colson had worked with decades ago had the "job" to slander Kerry a few decades ago.

Odd that Colson never mentioned that.

quote:
One of my biggest complaints with Colson over the past year is his failure to live up to the idea of restorative justice in his personal life. After his born-again experience, Colson reportedly apologized to many of the people he had attacked and slandered while working in Nixon's White House -- people like Daniel Ellsberg and John Kerry.

That's right, John Kerry. Richard Nixon hated and feared John Kerry's work with Vietnam Veterans Against the War, and Colson's job was to destroy anything and anyone that Nixon hated or feared. So Colson hired John O'Neill -- the same John O'Neill who resurfaced from his crypt this year to lead the Swift Boat liars crusade -- to batter the young veteran with all the lies he could invent.

The lies and slanders thrown at John Kerry during the recent campaign were all recycled from the 30-year-old files of John O'Neill. They were concocted at Chuck Colson's direction and on Chuck Colson's payroll.

Yet the born-again Colson did not bother to make a single statement this year condemning the rebirth of his and O'Neill's filthy campaign. (Or, at least, if he did condemn O'Neill, he did so very quietly and I never heard it.)

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 12/21/2004 13:03:51

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  13:23:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
When the Swift Boat Veterans for Damn Lies first was getting up a head of steam, MSNBC had a replay of the debate between O'Neill and Kerry from Dick Cavet's show. It really showed a calm and collected Kerry destroying O'Neill's evidence including the fact that O'Neill never served in the same area as Kerry nor had he talked to the other skippers of boats in Kerry's unit.

Back then, O'Neill was the front man for a group called Vietnam Veterans for a Just Peace. He forwarded a position which was refuted on Cavet's show where O'Neill claimed that Kerry was trashing all veterans. Kerry was not. What he was complaining about was actions by some servicemen which was in violation of the Geneva Convention. In particular the commands for operating a "free fire zone" whereby anything that moved was considered the enemy and should be fired upon.

They waited 30 years to claim that the medals Kerry earned were invalid. The managed to drag up one former crew member of Kerry's boat who had an obvious axe to grind with Kerry.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  13:52:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Eh, some people were assholse before they went to 'Nam, were assholes all the way through their tours in Nam, and remained assholes there after. As the evidence shows, the same holds in Iraq.

But odd, is it not, that the assholes always seem to rise to the surface like festering carbuncles coming to a head, and put forth their flatulence during Republican administrations or in support of Republicans?

I've just read at Buzzflash that Dubya's approval rating is now below 50%, the lowest for any just reelected president, ever.

Hey Republicans, you voted for him; you bought him; you own him. Enjoy!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  19:47:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Hey Republicans, you voted for him; you bought him; you own him. Enjoy!
On the radio the other night, I heard about a recent political cartoon showing a mob of Congresspeople marching over to throw rocks at the Pentagon. The punchline was that they're all Republicans.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.