Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  18:53:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
quote:
Don't forget the works of evil by the devil himself.Why do people blame God for tragedy? Death can come today or in 40 years, what does it matter? When natural devestation comes and man does not warn his brethren to their impending doom, how is it Gods fault that man on his own planet didn't save himself from death. The Devil is called the accusar of the brethren because day and night he tells Heaven that fallen men are not worth saving and Jesus works are in vain. Good christians are not perfect themselves and therefore their names are brought up even if their names are in the book of life.

Holy Shit!!!!!!! Do people Really believe this shit!!! Hey Doc is this the stuff you once believed? Hey Verlch God is the Devil the Devil is God!!! Who do you think sent the serpent? Wake up and smell the coffee V
Oh ... That's only if you believe this shit!!!!

Good things happen it's God
Bad things happen it's the Devil

God=Devil Devil=God
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  19:16:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
Man created God? I suppose man created himself....lol...What purpose is there for man to create God? Something not even the hate of Liberals can erase God from the hearts half the population? Humans created evilution to counter the bible and claim man created God! To explain mans own creation!

Your god should have nver given us such big and complex brains. It allowed us to to find natural explanation for these miracles. Maybe he should have given us all birth marks or a freckle arrangement saying, "Made by God".

Perhaps we can open the 500 million year old fossil record and observe this window of evilution of the human brain! I would rather spend 9000 a year than have my children have to learn this in public school. And yes I do pay that much! Evilution is something you have made true by your distain for God! Look at the fruits of your works and pray tell me how they are good and not evil?

http://www.caseagainstfaith.com/submissions/hitler.htm

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  19:23:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Sooo... Lemme see if I've got this straight: Some devil or other came up from Hell and gave hisself a hernia shoving one geological plate into another, cleverly causing a mega-earthquake under the Indian Ocean, that in turn caused a tsunami wave that wiped slick a great many Muslimoids, Buddististas, Hindidoos, but only a mere handful of the Jew-on-a-Stick cult. Oh, and also some Swedes that might or might not have been of the other sexual persuasion; the one unapproved of by Fred. Does that about sum it up?

I must ask: to what end? If the Christian devil did it, why are so few Christian corpses cluttering up the landscape? After all, these others are supposed to be in league with that devil, are they not? Or so I've been told by Pat & Jerry.

Give it up, verlch. It was no more than a natural phenomena that has occured countless times over the life of the earth. It will occur many more.

Edited to add: re. the site you posted: Hitler was a Christian. As a youth, he was an alter boy (which might have been why he walked funny) and even considered joining the priesthood.

If you wish to to take it further, I have a pretty large sample of his writings, other than propaganda, at hand. In the meantime, here's a very good and accurate, historical site concerning the rise of Hitler. It also contains a timeline for WW-II.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/11/2005 19:41:47
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  20:17:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

Man created God? I suppose man created himself....lol...What purpose is there for man to create God? Something not even the hate of Liberals can erase God from the hearts half the population? Humans created evilution to counter the bible and claim man created God! To explain mans own creation!(emph. added)

Verlch! You answered your own question! Amazing! Why would a man living thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of years ago invoke an invisible, supernatural being? That's easy-- to explain why he's there!

And no, Verlch, humans didn't "create" evolution (they did, however, come up with that "evilution" thing. About 20 years ago. By now it's very, very, tired). Someone tried to explain some observations he made about the diversity of life on earth. Since then, more and more tests and observations have done nothing but confirm his explanations (with, of course, slight modifications). The only people who have trouble with this are those with either a) a vested interest in its not being true (e.g. the school that's duping you into paying nine grand a year just so your kid'll stay uneducated), or b) an irrational fear that scientific explanations of complex things will marginalize the morals/beliefs that they've invested years of time and energy following and promoting.

quote:
Look at the fruits of your works and pray tell me how they are good and not evil?

http://www.caseagainstfaith.com/submissions/hitler.htm

And in true Verlch fashion, you conclude your post by throwing in something completely unrelated to anything. *Yawn*
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 01/11/2005 21:27:03
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  20:44:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Storm

quote:
Don't forget the works of evil by the devil himself.Why do people blame God for tragedy? Death can come today or in 40 years, what does it matter? When natural devestation comes and man does not warn his brethren to their impending doom, how is it Gods fault that man on his own planet didn't save himself from death. The Devil is called the accusar of the brethren because day and night he tells Heaven that fallen men are not worth saving and Jesus works are in vain. Good christians are not perfect themselves and therefore their names are brought up even if their names are in the book of life.

Holy Shit!!!!!!! Do people Really believe this shit!!! Hey Doc is this the stuff you once believed?
Yes I did. This quoted part is standard christian doctrin, which you should find in any congregation.
In essence, this is the Book of Job.

It's all that other shit that Verlch is blathering about that I have much trouble with.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 01/12/2005 13:24:15
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  21:10:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
quote:
In essance, this is the Book of Job.

It's all that other shit that Verlch is blathering about that I have much trouble with

So are you implying you still believe in the book of Job Doc?
Go to Top of Page

satans_mom
Skeptic Friend

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  21:36:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send satans_mom an AOL message  Send satans_mom a Yahoo! Message Send satans_mom a Private Message
This is what I thought of when I read the description of the Book of Job:

"Hey, Earl, do you see that massive explosion headed rapidly in this direction, that will soon lead to our demise?"

"Yes."

"Let's begin to pray for God's protection."

I can only imagine exactly how much protection that prayer will provide.

Yo mama's so fat, she's on both sides of the family.

Go to Top of Page

byhisgrace88
Formerly "creation88"

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  22:15:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send byhisgrace88 an AOL message Send byhisgrace88 a Private Message
Here's the thing I don't think people get. If the God that I know exsists does in fact exsist; then he is so infinitely wiser, and more powerful than us that we can't even begin to comprehend it. And as politicly incorrect as it is to say, and as much of a bashing as I could take for saying this, God DOES have a reason for this even if we don't know what it is. So even if it is a HUMANLY devastating thing, which it is, I too am deeply sobered by the extereme loss of life, but in some ways it doesn't matter the loss of life if it accomplished what God was intending for it to!

People seem to forget something. That something is that God does not have to be a good god. By his grace he is a good God, but he didn't have to be. If you think about the implications of this your perspective might change. Good is coming out of this even if we don't see it. It is all the work of a GOOD God.

I am not going to make any blanket statements about this being a punishment for sinners. I could speculate things about how that area of the world has been the most hostal to the gospel than almost anywhere in the world. But only the good, and living God knows all the reasons that these things have happened, and we as Christians should not try to act as if we know. Please don't think that all Christians are thinking the things you have heard.

quote:
"Hey, Earl, do you see that massive explosion headed rapidly in this direction, that will soon lead to our demise?"

"Yes."

"Let's begin to pray for God's protection."

I can only imagine exactly how much protection that prayer will provide.

This goes back to what I was saying earlier. In a hypthetical situation like this, if you were to pray and my some mercy of God be saved, then this might increase your faith in him. If you prayed and died anyway, it truly was in Gods plan. Something good will come out of it, even if we don't know what it is. And even if something good did not come out of it, in the eternal scheme of things your death really is not that important. Because we are here to serve God. He is not here to serve us. But by his amazing grace he has served us more than anyone ever could through the death of Jesus Christ!

(edited for sloppy wording)

Indeed, if we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that Our Lord finds our desire, not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.-- C.S. Lewis
Edited by - byhisgrace88 on 01/11/2005 22:17:32
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  01:25:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Yours is the same old story creation88.

When something good happens or is believed to have happened, God gets the credit.

When something bad happens its not Gods fault or its all in a good cause.

[edited for typo]

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Edited by - Starman on 01/12/2005 02:40:51
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  02:02:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

Yours is the same old story creation88.

When something good happens or os believed to have happened, God gets the credit.

When something bad happens its not Gods fault or its all in a good cause.

When you have faith in God you have a happiness money can't buy. You shouldn't mock something you don't intend to understand.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  02:07:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

You shouldn't mock something you don't intend to understand.
You owe me a new irony meter!

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  02:26:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
One of the more persistant rattles I'm hearing is that the tsunami is God's warning that Judgment Day is right around the corner, and we'd all better get out act's together, right-freakin'-now!

When asked why a god would do such a despicable thing -- mass murder on a hitleresque scale and destruction that not even Rumsfeld can imagine -- we are simply told some variation of C'88s statement; that God works in ways beyond the understanding of mortal man.

But then, there have been a lot of impending Judgment Days. Indeed, they have been foretold by various priests and seers ever since the dawn of religion, and it doesn't even take a disaster to set them off.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  02:39:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
Since in reality the rightwing fundamentalist "God" and all its carefully constructed dogma is actually a political movement masquerading as a religion, the fundamentalist Christians, if they want their prophecies to come true, are eventually going to have to engineer their prophecies.

Their leaders might do this by either doing less than their best efforts to prevent wars or political disasters, (if it fulfills there insane prophesy,) or they may eventually act out "in the name of God" the prophecies that their political-religion of hate demands, such as indoctrination, death camps for free thinkers and non-Christians, endless war around the globe and eventually a second holocaust, unless, they are stopped by a new American revolution. The pendulum will eventually swing the other way but we may have to endure a strange modern high tech dark age before that happens.

"Sigh - so many fundamentalist conservative Christians - - - so few lions." - Utah Philips
Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  06:44:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message
I'm gonna create a macro on my computer that posts: "Sh*t happens" so I don't waste time typing to fundie Christians.

An all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good God is not logically possible, given the existence of tsunamis, earthquakes, Ted Bundy, and other Really Bad Things.

Interesting that the masochistic vein that runs through Christianity finds ways to self-blame or create an elaborate "meaning" or "reason" for the Really Bad Things.

How exhausting and pointless...and masturbatory.

I wish I'd been born 1,000 years later, so that I could exist in a world that had evolved out of the need for religion.
Go to Top of Page

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  09:06:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
quote:
When you have faith in God you have a happiness money can't buy. You shouldn't mock something you don't intend to understand.

Another unverified claim. Are you happy, verlch? You certainly do not come across (to me) as being happy.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.
-- Susan Ertz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.97 seconds.