Moon Landing Hoax Parody?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

woolytoad
Skeptic Friend

313 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  18:20:02  Show Profile Send woolytoad a Private Message
I just saw the moon landing hoax thread.

Some time ago there was a film that mocked the whole conspiricy thing. It was filmed as though it was a documentary and actually had "interviews" with some members of the US government IIRC.

I remember being fooled for some time (20-30 mins) before I caught on.

Anybody remember the title of this film?

questionit

21 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  09:33:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send questionit a Private Message
I did watch it. And then I read something on the Internet that tore the whole thing to pieces.

I think the Russians would have gone out of their way to disprove our landing there if it had been hoaxed. But whatever the truth, I think we should go back there. It's a natural stepping stone to reaching other planets.
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  01:52:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
The "mockumentary" you cite is "Dark side of the moon":

http://www.orwelltoday.com/moonhoaxdoc.shtml

...but then, there is also this:

http://www.smaug.org.uk/apollohoax/

Welcome to the house of mirrors.

Edited for spelling (mostly).

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Edited by - Dry_vby on 08/13/2005 06:02:20
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  06:37:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
And of course from 1978, Capricorn One.
quote:
A NASA Mars mission won't work, and its funding is endangered, so they decide to fake it just this once. But then they have to keep the secret...
This movie had a cast of notables like James Brolin, Elliot Gould, Hal Holbrook, and O.J. Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  09:19:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Capricorn One was sweet. I saw it in the theater when I was 11. It was either that or Jaws and I knew I was not ready for Jaws.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  10:08:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
It has become evident over the last week that our Federal Governments response to the Katrina disaster is a full tilt demonstration of our government's incompetence.

How anyone could think that that same government could orchestrate or maintain any large conspiracy over the span of four decades without being caught is beyond me.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  14:13:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Because, the gov't intentionally screwed up the Katrina effort, and thereby killed hundreds or thousands, in order to keep the impression of incompetence.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  15:59:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

It has become evident over the last week that our Federal Governments response to the Katrina disaster is a full tilt demonstration of our government's incompetence.

How anyone could think that that same government could orchestrate or maintain any large conspiracy over the span of four decades without being caught is beyond me.

Although I deeply sympathise with the US in regards the calamaties brought on by Katrina, I don't think this is what is at issue here.

The moon hoax landing conspiracy is an industry which is in many ways being feulled by the very people who don't beleive it the most.

Those two instances I cited where examples of that very point.

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.