Email Senator, No Certification of Electoral Vote
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  00:49:30  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Vote NO for certification of Electoral College Vote!

Get your Senator's email or fax number or office number: www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html

(My letter sent last night)

January 6th, 2005

Dear Honorable Senator:

I implore you not to certify the Electoral College vote today! The evidence of widespread vote fraud, voter suppression, exit poll that widely conflict with the results, and a poorly done recount without a standard random sampling done in each county in the state of Ohio cannot and should not be overlooked. Perhaps it will not change the outcome, but this most sacred of American rights to a free and fair election must be held up to the highest standard. If our Congress winks at the glaring flaws, chicanery and contempt for law by a few unscrupulous people, who will hold them to account?
Honorable Sir, it is within your power and duty to investigate this serious matter. Without a thorough investigation, I cannot be certain of the election results with these many irregularities. I've thoroughly studied this matter for the last month and am more convinced than ever that these were not random errors, as 90+% of the errors favor President Bush. The Ukraine election was re-voted with some of the same evidence of corruption that is seen in the Ohio vote. We are promoting free and fair elections in the country of Iraq and in other new democracies throughout the world. How can we, as the bastion of freedom for the world, allow such corruption within our own process without investigation? I urge you to cast a negative vote today in this matter of the Electoral College certification.

Urgently and most sincerely,

Douglas M. Roy
Lexington, KY

Edited by - n/a on 01/06/2005 00:54:07

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  14:34:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
As much as I hate Bush, I think this country would be thrown into chaos if we did not have the electoral college vote.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Doomar
SFN Regular

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  21:17:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Doomar's Homepage Send Doomar a Private Message
Ricky, I'm for keeping the electoral college and changing the voting system back to paper ballots exclusively, with hand counting of the votes.

Mark 10:27 (NKJV) 27But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

www.pastorsb.com.htm
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  22:17:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
I'm sorry, my wording was a bit off. I'm saying the country would be thrown into chaos if we had something like a revote.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  15:13:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
The chaos will be temporary, but in the long run the result will benefit not only your country, but the whole world.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Doomar
SFN Regular

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  19:31:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Doomar's Homepage Send Doomar a Private Message

Watergate was chaos, Ricky, and it was a kid stealing a candy bar in comparison to cleaning out the whole store in this case.
There's what you call "good chaos" - a revote, and "bad chaos" - waging unjust wars

Mark 10:27 (NKJV) 27But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

www.pastorsb.com.htm
Edited by - Doomar on 01/07/2005 19:34:20
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  23:13:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
I think it would turn into something more like the Civil War chaos.

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

satans_mom
Skeptic Friend

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  23:50:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send satans_mom an AOL message  Send satans_mom a Yahoo! Message Send satans_mom a Private Message
I think a civil war could possibly do some good in this instance. I believe drastic measures need soon be taken.

Yo mama's so fat, she's on both sides of the family.

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  00:31:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Yes, and those measures need to be insuring that we have a fair election next year.

I'm not saying by anymeans that what happened isn't completely wrong, it is. However lets be realistic here. We are not going to stop W. from taking the White House for another 4 years. Lets work to achieve a goal that is possible: making sure the next election and all future elections are fair.

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Doomar
SFN Regular

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  07:25:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Doomar's Homepage Send Doomar a Private Message

Lets work to achieve a goal that is possible: making sure the next election and all future elections are fair.

I totally agree, Ricky. Without a lot of involvement by normal citizens, it will be difficult, if not impossible to do. The lobbying efforts of these Electronic voting machine companies are very strong. Howbeit, I believe the congress has been working to make sure a paper trail is left by the new machines.

www.pastorsb.com.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.