New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  04:41:53  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
It seems that Shrek II has aroused more dingbatism amongst the Religious Protectors of the Public Morality.
quote:
JOHN MCKAY

TORONTO (CP) - Uh-oh!

That other jolly green giant could be in trouble.

Shrek 2 is the latest animated film title to be "outed" by Christian fundamentalists in the U.S.

On its website the Traditional Values Coalition (news - web sites) is warning parents about the cross-dressing and transgender themes contained in the hit DreamWorks feature, now on DVD.

"Shrek 2 is billed as harmless entertainment but contains subtle sexual messages," says the coalition, which describes itself as a grassroots inter-denominational lobby with more than 43,000 member churches.

Can't these people find something more productive to do?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  07:50:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

It seems that Shrek II has aroused more dingbatism amongst the Religious Protectors of the Public Morality.
quote:
JOHN MCKAY

TORONTO (CP) - Uh-oh!

Shrek 2 is the latest animated film title to be "outed" by Christian fundamentalists in the U.S.

On its website the Traditional Values Coalition (news - web sites) is warning parents about the cross-dressing and transgender themes contained in the hit DreamWorks feature, now on DVD.

"Shrek 2 is billed as harmless entertainment but contains subtle sexual messages," says the coalition, which describes itself as a grassroots inter-denominational lobby with more than 43,000 member churches.

This makes this already great animatated movie even greater.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  09:00:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by tomk80

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:
JOHN MCKAY

TORONTO (CP) - Uh-oh!

This makes this already great animatated movie even greater.

A-men!

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  11:10:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
There freaks probably have Bugs Bunny on their "warning list" as well.

There is so much of this crap lately, I hope they blow themselves out pretty soon.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  12:38:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

There is so much of this crap lately, I hope they blow themselves out pretty soon.

Would that it could be so, but I suspect that they'll gallop blindly and loudly on until the public finally wakes up, gets fed up, and laughs them back into their fantasy land.

Ah, such a land that must be! Choirs singing nonstop in every city park; angels flitting about like pigeons; women barefoot and pregnent in the kitchen; scientists only studying creation apologetics; no cartoons to cause irreligious amusment; writers duplicating Chick Tracts; the ToE debunked; the Ten Commandments on every billboard; atheists, agnostics, and queers need not apply.

But no, I fear we're stuck with this bullshit for the forseeable future.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  12:42:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

Bugs Bunny is nude. Nudity is bad!

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  13:27:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
It gets worse. Porky Pig does not wear any pants. Walks around with a shirt and coat and tie, but no pants. Daffy duck and Sylvester both lisp. Pepé Le Pew has a thing for male cats, often Sylvester. The Road Runner is obviously androgynous. I could go on…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  13:41:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
And Elmer Fudd is obviously as gay as Uncle Ned's hatband.

And don't forget, virtually all of them cross-dress.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  15:14:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
I have seen bugs KISS Elmer on several occassions - the sheer horror.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  15:33:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

I have seen bugs KISS Elmer on several occassions - the sheer horror.

Yes, and he's planted more than a few big, sloppy lip-locks on Yosemite Sam, as well.

So add promiscuity to the list -- has the bunny no shame?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  02:31:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
So add promiscuity to the list -- has the bunny no shame?

Bugs is definitly not pure straight. He's kissed just about every male co-star in his show. Elmer, Sam, Daffy, Taz, Marvin (he even dressed up as Taz's girlfriend once, dressed as a woman to fool Sammy and Elmer on more than one occasion also). So the rabbit is definitely a bit on the queer side. Maybe bi.

I'd go to their website and see if they have Bugs on their proscribed list, but it would just aggravate me.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.