Religion
 Prime up the Irony Meters, people!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  18:43:57  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
From our friends at RR:
http://raptureready.com/rap16.html

Soon to become http://raptureready.com/nm/28.html once he updates again:
Michael Jackson: A Lesson On Finding Reality

quote:
In my office, Fox News is constantly running, which provides me with the latest world news. One story that has been in the news for some now is the Michael Jackson's child molestation trial. I have no opinion regarding his guilt or innocence. What I do find interesting is how detached he is from reality.

The King of Pop is a casebook example of self delusion. One has to wonder how the a member of the Jackson Five could, over time, become transformed into a creature that looks and acts like he is from another planet.

quote:
Most people can learn a valuable lesson from Jackson#8217;s situation. It#8217;s the lack of discernment of the times that causes people fail to comprehend earth#8217;s prophetic reality. We are rapidly getting closer to the tribulation hour, and the desensitization to world events has blinded people to where we are on the prophetic clock.

Jesus said the end times would be heralded by a series of birth pang events (Mat. 24:8). Some of these indicators are moral collapse, apostasy, the rise of the European Union (Rev.17:12), China's growing military might (Rev.9:16) and a spade of global calamities
Those prophecies, are of course, debateable.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  00:49:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
You owe me, big-time. I set my irony meter to "high gain" based upon your thread title, and it burst into flames on that "self delusion" line, catching my nearby paperwork on fire, and necessitating the use of an extinguisher.

Next time, I suggest you pick a more honest title, like "turn your irony meters off, since it's painfully obvious."

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  02:38:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Already too late for my irony meter. Latinijral fried it a short while ago and I won't be able to afford a new bombast chip to repair it until the first of the month.

Eh, the guy is a Fox Nooze addict -- whaddaya expect? If he has that drivel going all of his waking hours, his perceptions are in about the same condition as my meter.

We should send him our sincere condolences and wish him a smooth flight. And ask him if we can have his stuff when he raptures.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  06:30:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
It's the lack of discernment of the times that causes people fail to comprehend earth's prophetic reality.

Thankfully I was not drinking when I read that. I'd have choked out of the sheer irony of this single line.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.