Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  06:14:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
As to Ns Iyer, she claims to be a registered nurse but then do we believe that? Who knows? But she wouldn't be the first pathological liar to gain the title. That is what I believe she likely is, a pathological liar. It is an interesting personality disorder. She seems to have the classic symptoms.

Yes, yes, I agree. A pathetic case, if you ask me.

I further agree that this has been blown far out of proportion by the media's selective coverage, and indeed, I'm getting sick of the whole thing. If what I've read is correct, Terri's case is not all that extrordinary. It is another sad, little drama that is played out in hospitals every day. I've just read at BuzzFlash that even the noble and compassionate Tom DeLay had the 'plug pulled' on his father in '88.

As to internet blather, it will be with us for as long as the 'net is in existance. Caveat emptor is a phrase that is all too often ignored by people who should know better.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/27/2005 06:18:07
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  10:01:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Some random thoughts. I don't know if these things have been brought up, and, of course, these ideas don't really mean anything in the long run, but:

Terri was bulimic. Based on her behavior before she injured herself, would she not want the feeding tube removed? Especially if she had no way to vomit?

And, assuming the logic of who those who think they know what God wants, ( a presumption to say the least if you happen to be a person of faith) should they not consider the possibility that God has been trying to take her for the last 15 years? Only to be thwarted by that darn feeding tube?

Mother Teresa would have let her die. She only made the dying more comfortable. She did not offer medical intervention to her flock to keep them alive, or even to help them to get better. And yet, she will be sainted some day. The Shindler family is Catholic. Will the Schindler family support Mother Teresa's ascension into Sainthood?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Timgraysr

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  10:06:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Timgraysr an AOL message  Send Timgraysr a Yahoo! Message Send Timgraysr a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

So Timmay!, Again, I ask, where is the outrage over Sun Hudson?

Is it OK in your world for a hospital to remove life support from an infant against the wishes of that infant's family?

As to you wishes that somebody actually kill Mr Schaivo.... You and all like you should seek professional help. You are seriously mentally ill.

As to your claims to not be an evangelical? riiiiiiighht....

Well "DUD" It is like this. Had I the money and the knowledge that I wouldn't get caught I might consider professional help. Thanks for the plan anyway. Where in what I wrote did you surmise that I was in favor of the infants plite. I am not apposed to death and torture, just the death and torture of the innocent. You are well versed and it would appear that you knew personally or professionally the "Nutcase" and the not so "Renound" Dr. Chassire. I do not.But, if it were a distant cousin and your proctologist that made the claim I would still have errored on the side of caution. To say I am an evangelical because I believe in creation and the sanctity of life is no different than me assuming you to be a sadist and a sociopath because you are an athiest. Though I am slightly more professional now my past was in law inforcment. There is motive on Michaels part but love is not it. Love does not act this way. There is one thing that may be considered evidence to whether or not Terri is in a vegitative state or not. Under normal conditions it takes seven days for an average person to die of thirst. It has been nine for Terri. One might even believe she is fighting to stay alive.

Tim Gray
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  10:39:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Timgraysr:
Though I am slightly more professional now my past was in law inforcment. There is motive on Michaels part but love is not it. Love does not act this way.

A background in law enforcement qualifies you to understand the psychology behind Michael's decision, how? Sometimes the greatest, and most difficult act of love is to let someone go. It could easily be argued that keeping her alive in an act of selfishness. But I trust the parent's motives. No parent wants to have a child die before they do. Cognitive dissonance is probably normal among parents in this sort of situation. Who loves Terri more? Only a fool would presume to know that…

quote:
Timgraysr:
There is one thing that may be considered evidence to whether or not Terri is in a vegitative state or not. Under normal conditions it takes seven days for an average person to die of thirst. It has been nine for Terri. One might even believe she is fighting to stay alive.

One can believe anything. So what? The doctors said one to two weeks. And, by the way, these are not normal conditions. She is not exactly moving around a whole lot.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  11:04:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Timgraysr

quote:

So Timmay!, Again, I ask, where is the outrage over Sun Hudson?

Is it OK in your world for a hospital to remove life support from an infant against the wishes of that infant's family?

As to you wishes that somebody actually kill Mr Schaivo.... You and all like you should seek professional help. You are seriously mentally ill.

As to your claims to not be an evangelical? riiiiiiighht....

Well "DUD" It is like this. Had I the money and the knowledge that I wouldn't get caught I might consider professional help. Thanks for the plan anyway. Where in what I wrote did you surmise that I was in favor of the infants plite. I am not apposed to death and torture, just the death and torture of the innocent. You are well versed and it would appear that you knew personally or professionally the "Nutcase" and the not so "Renound" Dr. Chassire. I do not.But, if it were a distant cousin and your proctologist that made the claim I would still have errored on the side of caution. To say I am an evangelical because I believe in creation and the sanctity of life is no different than me assuming you to be a sadist and a sociopath because you are an athiest. Though I am slightly more professional now my past was in law inforcment. There is motive on Michaels part but love is not it. Love does not act this way. There is one thing that may be considered evidence to whether or not Terri is in a vegitative state or not. Under normal conditions it takes seven days for an average person to die of thirst. It has been nine for Terri. One might even believe she is fighting to stay alive.

Erm, I am curious -- a moral failing of mine, I admit. Where exactly might I find reference that death from thrist happens in seven days, on an average? As I vaugly recall from reading, the time might vary quite a bit, as much as a week or so, depending upon the individual and the circumstances. I did a brief search, but couldn't find anything solid on the topic.

Please enlighten....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Timgraysr

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  11:26:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Timgraysr an AOL message  Send Timgraysr a Yahoo! Message Send Timgraysr a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

quote:
Timgraysr:
Though I am slightly more professional now my past was in law inforcment. There is motive on Michaels part but love is not it. Love does not act this way.

A background in law enforcement qualifies you to understand the psychology behind Michael's decision, how? Sometimes the greatest, and most difficult act of love is to let someone go. It could easily be argued that keeping her alive in an act of selfishness. But I trust the parent's motives. No parent wants to have a child die before they do. Cognitive dissonance is probably normal among parents in this sort of situation. Who loves Terri more? Only a fool would presume to know that…

[quote] Timgraysr:
There is one thing that may be considered evidence to whether or not Terri is in a vegitative state or not. Under normal conditions it takes seven days for an average person to die of thirst. It has been nine for Terri. One might even believe she is fighting to stay alive.

One can believe anything. So what? The doctors said one to two weeks. And, by the way, these are not normal conditions. She is not exactly moving around a whole lot.

Hi Kil, I apreciate what you are saying. I agree that it is tough to let go. I have seen a lot of death in my life. ironically due to desease. I know too that it is an act of love in most cases that "pulls the plug". Michael has been distant some 15 years though.
Is he so possitive in that time Terri did not re evaluate her position from what he alledges she said. We all know that it would be impossible to know. When I was younger I felt the same: All or none. Now I am fifty and my health is not what I had hoped for. Because of Terri I have made clear to my wife if there is any doubt leave me where I am. Is there doubt in Terri's case? Look around the hospice.
Someone wanting to honer a death wish is understandable and appreciated when it was attempted years ago. After four years he gave up enough to start another relationship. Fifteen years later it is an obsession. My question then is Why? I don't believe him. I don't trust him. I have heard that there were aligations that he once tried to end her life with insolin, though there was no proof it was him, the punctures were in the tube and a syringe with traces of insolin were found in her trash. Did he try before? Is her neing in hospice a direct result of an earlier attempt. What could she tell if she could respond to therapy? I don't know other than to say he seems more suspicious than honerable to me.

Tim Gray
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  12:26:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Timgraysr:
I don't trust him. I have heard that there were aligations that he once tried to end her life with insolin, though there was no proof it was him, the punctures were in the tube and a syringe with traces of insolin were found in her trash. Did he try before? Is her neing in hospice a direct result of an earlier attempt. What could she tell if she could respond to therapy? I don't know other than to say he seems more suspicious than honerable to me.

The other camp has been trying to vilify Michael since this whole thing started. They have made him out to be a monster. And yet each and every allegation against him has failed the test of further scrutiny. That should be a clue. If it serves you to side with those who are fighting with innuendo as their weapon, that is your choice. I thought law enforcement prefers verifiable facts to build a case with, but I could be wrong about that.

As for responding to therapy, I have seen the x-rays of her brain. Or at least what is left of it. She is already gone. No amount of wishful thinking will bring her back.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  12:56:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Had I the money and the knowledge that I wouldn't get caught I might consider professional help.
Dude, of course, meant that you need to see a psychologist, to help you with your problems. The fact that you would consider hiring a hitman (given money and safety) means that you are lying when you say you believe in the sanctity of life. Rationalizing away your lie by saying you're opposed to the "death... of the innocent" means nothing, since you are not a god who can judge "innocent" from not.
quote:
But, if it were a distant cousin and your proctologist that made the claim I would still have errored on the side of caution.
Do you handle all claims is such an insane fashion? If your mechanic tells you that one of the medications you're taking killed his aunt's brother-in-law, do you stop taking the drug against your doctor's advice, just to err on the side of caution?
quote:
To say I am an evangelical because I believe in creation and the sanctity of life is no different than me assuming you to be a sadist and a sociopath because you are an athiest.
Interesting. Evangelicals do believe in creation and the sanctity of life, but most atheists are not sadists or sociopaths. To suggest that they're equally unreasonable assumptions is ludicrous. Anyway, how would you name your religion?
quote:
There is motive on Michaels part but love is not it.
How many times do I have to ask you what you think that motive is?
quote:
Love does not act this way.
Michael is trying to free his wife from 15 years of torture. How is love "supposed" to act?
quote:
There is one thing that may be considered evidence to whether or not Terri is in a vegitative state or not. Under normal conditions it takes seven days for an average person to die of thirst. It has been nine for Terri.
And has already been said, Terri is not under "normal" conditions. Far from it.

In another post, you wrote:
quote:
Michael has been distant some 15 years though.
What utter baloney. Have you read the reports? Michael moved with her to California for therapy. He moved back to Florida with her, and continued the therapy. Under his care, she never had a bedsore.
quote:
Is he so possitive in that time Terri did not re evaluate her position from what he alledges she said. We all know that it would be impossible to know.
Well, gee, she's got no brain to do any re-evaluation with.
quote:
When I was younger I felt the same: All or none. Now I am fifty and my health is not what I had hoped for. Because of Terri I have made clear to my wife if there is any doubt leave me where I am.
Good for you. I'm serious. I'm glad you've made your wishes clear to your wife. Have you created a living will to ensure that everyone in your family knows?

Of course, how you feel about the situation has absolutely no bearing on how Terri felt about it, and how Michael feels now.
quote:
Is there doubt in Terri's case? Look around the hospice.
Around the hospice are about 100 people, the majority of whom couldn't diagnose a case of acne, much less cast doubt on the severity of Terri's disability.
quote:
Someone wanting to honer a death wish is understandable and appreciated when it was attempted years ago.
When what was attempted years ago?
quote:
After four years he gave up enough to start another relationship.
He was urged to see other women by Terri's parents.
quote:
Fifteen years later it is an obsession. My question then is Why? I don't believe him.
He tells you why, and you think he's lying. But you've failed to establish any reasonable motive in place of Michael's. That's your problem, not his, and not Terri's.
quote:
I don't trust him.
Fine, don't put him in charge of your medical decisions.
quote:
I have heard that there were aligations...
You've heard there were once allegations?!?! You're grasping at the tiniest of straws here, in an attempt to be "noble," but it just makes you look ridiculous. Unless you can tell us the facts about those putative allegations, you shouldn't believe them, either. Wait, didn't you say you were once in law enforcement? I'm guessing you weren't a cop, because you don't understand that allegations aren't facts, nor do you understand "innocent until proven guilty." Or, maybe you were a cop, and got fired for gross incompetence.
quote:
I don't know other than to say he seems more suspicious than honerable to me.
And you seem more suspicious than honorable to me. So what of it?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  13:09:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Is there doubt in Terri's case? Look around the hospice.
Someone wanting to honer a death wish is understandable and appreciated when it was attempted years ago. After four years he gave up enough to start another relationship. Fifteen years later it is an obsession. My question then is Why? I don't believe him. I don't trust him. I have heard that there were aligations that he once tried to end her life with insolin, though there was no proof it was him, the punctures were in the tube and a syringe with traces of insolin were found in her trash. Did he try before? Is her neing in hospice a direct result of an earlier attempt. What could she tell if she could respond to therapy? I don't know other than to say he seems more suspicious than honerable to me.
No, there is no doubt in this case. Forget Michael Shiavo's motives. Why would every single credible neurologist who's examined Terri come to the exact same conclusion--that she is in a persistent vegetative state with zero chance for recovery. Put all those little rumors out of your head. It's disgraceful that a retired man of the law would put gossip over the facts of the case, or accuse the courts of the land of failing to properly evaluate the evidence.

How many doctors has she seen? How many judges have looked at this case? You are saying they all are lying? They all have an "agenda?" Come on, man. The courts have been nothing but cautious in how they've proceeded. No more caution can be reasonably argued for at this point.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 03/27/2005 13:10:00
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  13:23:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
First Dude started out with a generalisation:

quote:
How many of you evangelicals are aware that your beloved PREZ signed a law in TX that allows hospitals to remove life support from people AGAINST the wishes of their family? That's right! In TX, thanks to W, a hospital can take you off life support against the wishes of you or your family.

To that, Tim responded:
quote:
I am impressed. With no comments about God, heaven or hell you were able to surmize using your keen legal savey that I was an evangelical. But, I am not.

Ktesibios said along the lines of "If it walk like a duck, and quacks like a duck..."
Given what you have written in this thread about "soft dinosaur tissue" it seems to me that you're religious. So neither Dude's nor ktesibios' comments are that off mark.
If you're not Evangelical, then what do you call yourself? How shall I classify you? Just a hypocritical believer in God?

No matter.

As long as you are asking sincere questions, we will give you reasonable answers. Just remember, as most of us are skeptics, we will challenge you on assertions you make that we find improbable, or otherwise fishy.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Timgraysr

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  13:59:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Timgraysr an AOL message  Send Timgraysr a Yahoo! Message Send Timgraysr a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

First Dude started out with a generalisation:

quote:
How many of you evangelicals are aware that your beloved PREZ signed a law in TX that allows hospitals to remove life support from people AGAINST the wishes of their family? That's right! In TX, thanks to W, a hospital can take you off life support against the wishes of you or your family.

To that, Tim responded:
quote:
I am impressed. With no comments about God, heaven or hell you were able to surmize using your keen legal savey that I was an evangelical. But, I am not.

Ktesibios said along the lines of "If it walk like a duck, and quacks like a duck..."
Given what you have written in this thread about "soft dinosaur tissue" it seems to me that you're religious. So neither Dude's nor ktesibios' comments are that off mark.
If you're not Evangelical, then what do you call yourself? How shall I classify you? Just a hypocritical believer in God?

No matter.

As long as you are asking sincere questions, we will give you reasonable answers. Just remember, as most of us are skeptics, we will challenge you on assertions you make that we find improbable, or otherwise fishy.

How you classify people is your own business. It was my first or second time in SFN. I was just in this forum until yesturday. It is easy to go back and read that I mentioned nothing that would have led you to believe that I am religious. I am not. I am a christian. There is a big difference that I do not expect you to understand. The fact is that you made the connection because I am in favor of life. Life for the innocent, the unborn and the infirm. Since you have the power to detect this presents in the force, I must conclude that you are apposed to life.
Everyone can't be wrong. Do you think that all the people outside the hospice just learned how to spell GED. Are they all idiots? Perhaps they are just simpletons prone to delusions. They are there from all walks. There are "religious" and secular, athiest and agnostics, doctors and lawyers, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers etc. There seem to be as many are more for Terri Schaivo to have the tube reinserted than not. All I have ever argued in this forum is with there being this much doubt or there being an incling of a possibility that she might be alive inside that body, why not error on the side of life. After the fact I have argued about Michaels "devotion". But initially this was my question. For it I am labeled and piggeonholed as everyone who views it as I do. As for what I think of you. I think simply that there is a possibility that you are wrong. A remote possibility at that. Even so, should we not error on the side of life?

Tim Gray
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  15:28:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

It is easy to go back and read that I mentioned nothing that would have led you to believe that I am religious. I am not. I am a christian. There is a big difference that I do not expect you to understand.
Well, you're right about that: I don't understand how you can be a Christian and not be religious. Please, explain this to me.
quote:
The fact is that you made the connection because I am in favor of life. Life for the innocent, the unborn and the infirm. Since you have the power to detect this...
No, sir, it is you who claim to have the power to detect that Terri has the sort of life you favor, and that Michael does not.
quote:
I must conclude that you are apposed to life.
Another excluded middle.
quote:
Everyone can't be wrong. Do you think that all the people outside the hospice just learned how to spell GED. Are they all idiots? Perhaps they are just simpletons prone to delusions. They are there from all walks. There are "religious" and secular, athiest and agnostics, doctors and lawyers, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers etc. There seem to be as many are more for Terri Schaivo to have the tube reinserted than not.
There are only about 100 people outside the hospice. Every poll I've seen on this subject shows that the majority wants the government to stay out of this business, and for the feeding tube to stay out as well. How you can possible translate those facts into the exact opposite conclusion is as beyond me as your claim to be a non-religious Christian.
quote:
All I have ever argued in this forum is with there being this much doubt or there being an incling of a possibility that she might be alive inside that body, why not error on the side of life.
Because it's not for us to say. We don't live in a society based upon mob rule (even if we did, you'd be in the minority on this issue). We live in a society of laws. The citizens of Florida passed bills which state that without a living will, credible testimony about a person's wishes for their infirmity will be considered to be true. Florida governors signed those bills into law. Florida judges have agreed, as have Federal judges - and justices. Against all that public support, coupled with the vast knowledge of professional neurologists and bioethicists who have actually examined the Florida citizen in question, all you've got is innuendo and wishes. Not good enough to overturn years of Florida legislation and juriprudence.
quote:
I think simply that there is a possibility that you are wrong. A remote possibility at that. Even so, should we not error on the side of life?
So, you think there's a "remote possibility" that it's wrong for the state of Florida to pass its own laws, for its courts to oversee those laws, and/or for its experts to give medical opinions to their courts? Because that's what's really being argued here, is whether or not the citizens of Florida are competent to govern themselves with regards to end-of-life issues.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  18:52:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
There is a big difference that I do not expect you to understand. The fact is that you made the connection because I am in favor of life. Life for the innocent, the unborn and the infirm. Since you have the power to detect this presents in the force, I must conclude that you are apposed to life.
Of course we can't understand the "big difference" if you choose to remain silent on the issue. I'll just put it down to minutely differing ideologies.

But on the main point, none of us are "apposed" to life. I think many of us just feel that some things are worse than death. I find it incredible that someone as christian as you would so strongly fear death as to wish such a punishment on Terri as non-life.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 03/27/2005 18:56:52
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  19:21:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
To say I am an evangelical because I believe in creation and the sanctity of life is no different than me assuming you to be a sadist and a sociopath because you are an athiest.

Well, you have clearly stated that you DON'T believe in the sanctity of life. You stated that you don't even oppose torture. You imply that you'd hire a killer to deal with Mr Schaivo if you thought you could get away with it. You claim to be a former law officer. If true, then it is becomming quite obvious why you are a "former" law officer.

Your claim that atheists are sadists and sociopaths is just simply without merit. A childish attempt at an insult.

I label you an evangelical because of the statements you have made here. You have yet to offer a rational response. Your claims to not be "religious" are inane at best in light of your posts to this forum.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  19:22:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
How you classify people is your own business. It was my first or second time in SFN. I was just in this forum until yesturday.
It is easy to go back and read that I mentioned nothing that would have led you to believe that I am religious.
Like I said, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, there's a good chance it is a duck.
You sure fit the profile. There has been many Christians to this forum before you, so we needed only two (or even one) to recognize the style and contents.

quote:
...led you to believe that I am religious. I am not.
Of course you are. You just don't want to admit it. Perhaps even to yourself.
quote:

I am a christian. There is a big difference that I do not expect you to understand.
Ah but I do understand. You don't like to be classified as "religious". You believe that Jesus is the only begotten son of God, and believing in Him will grant you eternal salvation.
That you read the Bible and pray to God does not make you "religious".

I got news for you. You still fit the definition of religious.
Concise Oxford Dictionary:
Religion: the belief in a supernatural controlling power, esp. in a personal God
Religious: devoted to religion.
Christian: 1)of Christ's teaching or religion 2)believing in or following the religion of Jesus Christ.

I know because during the ten years I spent in the Pentecostal church I never considered myself religious either, even though I was. And like you there were times when I felt offended when referred to as religious. But it doesn't change the facts. Looking back at that time, I see things in a different perspective now.
quote:

The fact is that you made the connection because I am in favor of life.
No I recognised the hypocrisy that is so typical for almost all Christians I've ever met. Including myself from the "good old days".
quote:
Life for the innocent, the unborn and the infirm.
And death by murder to those who are not worthy of life in your eyes. I see... How compassionate conservative of you.
quote:
Since you have the power to detect this presents in the force, I must conclude that you are apposed to life.
All I'm detecting is a lot of bullshit. Mixed up with hypocrisy and judgementalism. I'm not opposed to life, quite the contrary. I'm against torture. I'm against the death-penalty. Are you?

I'm judging you, but then I'm not the one claiming to be Christian.
quote:
Everyone can't be wrong.
Yes they can.
quote:
Do you think that all the people outside the hospice just learned how to spell GED.
I don't know what GED is, please educate me, because English isn't my native language.
quote:
Are they all idiots? Perhaps they are just simpletons prone to delusions.
Obviously.
quote:
All I have ever argued in this forum is with there being this much doubt or there being an incling of a possibility that she might be alive inside that body, why not error on the side of life.
But you have ignored one critical error yourself.
Every single one standing outside the hospice are doubting because they know Jack Shit about Terri's real medical condition.
None of the doubters are competent to have a valid opinion on Terri. And the few doubters who really are competent to have a valid opinion, hasn't examined Terri, so their opinion doesn't count either.

quote:
I think simply that there is a possibility that you are wrong. A remote possibility at that. Even so, should we not error on the side of life?
It is not our decision to make. The courts have decided that Michael is the one who should decide.
I don't know much about physiology, or neurology. But the CT-scan of Terri's brain that has been posted on this forum speaks pretty much for itself. To me it looks like almost half the brain is gone. And from my limited knowledge, I know that the parts that are gone are vital for a functioning brain.

Add to that all the testimonies presented in courts. If you indeed was a man of the Law, how can you ignore the legal proceedings? Experts in their fields have presented their findings of the examinations of Terri to the court.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds.